• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon |OT2| Calling for help! · · · – – – · · ·

Why isn't my Raichu nearly as viable in the Battle Tree as I thought?
It has these moves: Electro Ball, Calm Mind, Psychic, Electric Terrain
Sounds good on paper, but not as useful as I thought. Maybe an item can help? Focus Band has been tremendously useless.

I feel like I get a little better use out of my physical fake out standard Raichu. Lightning rod really helps to make volt switch viable on a physical set and even a non terrain boosted volt tackle does massive damage.

I feel like I get a little better use out of my physical fake out standard Raichu. Lightning rod really helps to make volt switch viable on a physical set and even a non terrain boosted volt tackle does massive damage.
I couldn't breed Lightning Rod for some reason (or my luck was bad), so I thought the speed boost from Surge Surfer could be useful. Doesn't Volt Tackle have really high recoil too?
But either way, Psychic has proven to be more useful and I even got as far as battle 19 this time, which is the farthest I've ever gone.

I couldn't breed Lightning Rod for some reason (or my luck was bad), so I thought the speed boost from Surge Surfer could be useful. Doesn't Volt Tackle have really high recoil too?
But either way, Psychic has proven to be more useful and I even got as far as battle 19 this time, which is the farthest I've ever gone.

Yeah from my understanding you'll have to get one from a previous Gen. Mines from Gen 6, but you could get them off the game boy vc games too. But then they'd only have 3 perfect ivs.

And sure volt tackle is heavy on recoil but it can take down the majority of water types no matter how thick.

If you're just doing battle tower I've had better luck using weather teams over terrains. I think online you ideally want both.

brinstar

I think Alolan Raichu always has Surge Surfer

Regiruler

Ok, so either sleep-me is incredibly good at changing 3DS settings or out of courtesy the replacement 3DS I got back from repairs had its hour changed forward already and I just didn't notice it.

Either way no daily stuff for me today.

Oswen

So with all the Ash Hat Pikachus coming (more or less) all together does this mean
Marshadow
would be the only "big" event left for Sun and Moon?

It seems like a pretty fast release schedule, I feel like we may see some kind of new game earlier than we think.

JoeM86

So with all the Ash Hat Pikachus coming (more or less) all together does this mean
Marshadow
would be the only "big" event left for Sun and Moon?

It seems like a pretty fast release schedule, I feel like we may see some kind of new game earlier than we think.

We also have original colour Magearna
801-o.png

Plus, we still have
670-e.png

coded in and needed to be obtained

Regiruler

I would like
Marshadow
to be caught in-game but honestly I'm a little more timid on the subject given how many legendaries we got in S/M (counting ultra beasts of course).

Oswen

We also have original colour Magearna
801-o.png

Plus, we still have
670-e.png

coded in and needed to be obtained

Oh, that made me realize that original colour Magearna is an entire new form and not just a shiny, neat...and I had totally forgotten about AZ Floette, can't shake off the feeling that gen VI ended up a bit too early.

JoeM86

Ash Hat Pickachus? What did I miss?

When you prebook tickets for the movie in Japan, you'll get a code that allows you to get an Ash Cap Pikachu.

025-o.png

Original Cap can be obtained from April 15th to May 1st and then July 19th to July 31st.
025-h.png

Hoenn Cap from May 3rd through May 15th then again August 2nd through August 14th.
025-s.png

Sinnoh Cap from May 17th to May 29th with a repeat on August 16th through August 28th.
025-u.png

From May 31st through June 12th you can get the Unova Cap, repeated on August 30th through September 11th
025-k.png

From June 14th through June 26th you can get the Kalos Cap, repeated September 13th through 25th.
025-a.png

Finally, from June 28th to July 17th you can get the Alola Cap Pikachu, repeated from September 27th through October 9th.

Each one comes with the special Pikashunium Z Z-Crystal, which allows it to use the move 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt
tumblr_oi1bozCfX81qioqevo2_r1_500.gif

JohnCYQ

So I just reached poniponi island and I still can't find prof kukui at his lab/home, do I need to beat the elite4 first or something?

I want to get the lucky egg from him.

So I just reached poniponi island and I still can't find prof kukui at his lab/home, do I need to beat the elite4 first or something?

I want to get the lucky egg from him.

Yeah, it's post credits, so is the TM from the house on Route 2 (the guide is actually​ wrong about this and puts it too early).

JoeM86

For now.
We usually get distributions when the movies air in Decemberish.
But since Disney XD hasn't started Sun and Moon, I dunno what's going on.

Disney XD deal with new episodes differently to Cartoon Network.

While Cartoon Network keep it so there's new episodes each week for people to look forward to, Disney XD instead do massive bulk runs, airing one or two episodes a day for 2 or 3 weeks to take out half the season.

I'm considering swapping one of my team for Zapdos in the upcoming competition, but unsure what the rules are even after reading the regulations. Will a Zapdos from XY/ORAS be allowed, but the ORAS move tutor moves be banned?

I'm considering swapping one of my team for Zapdos in the upcoming competition, but unsure what the rules are even after reading the regulations. Will a Zapdos from XY/ORAS be allowed, but the ORAS move tutor moves be banned?

It should be allowed​ with Tutor Moves. The standard Clause about symbols is missing just region Pokedex. The restrictions also don't mention the Gen VII characters and none of the restrictions mention it being Gen VII TMs either so ORAS tutors and Gen I TMs should both be legal (as should technically Gen III-VI tutor and TM moves for Kanto Pokemon with a valid migration path).

is the hat pikachu actually supposed to be the one from the anime? what is the 10 million volts move a reference to?

the demo greninja undeniably was, but having pikachu with normal stats seems completely contrary to what it was in the anime where it was abnormally powerful, to the point where team rocket would repeat their shtick trying to steal him for hundreds of episodes.

WPS

is the hat pikachu actually supposed to be the one from the anime? what is the 10 million volts move a reference to.

Thunderbolt's japanese name is 100,000 volts.

In Pokémon Adventures, Red's pikachu has a special technique called MegaVolt (1,000,000 volts).

Now, we have 10,000,000 volts, which I assume will be a plot point in an upcoming arc or movie.

(Ironically, Gigavolt Havoc should be stronger, as the prefix Giga indicates 1,000,000,000 volts)

In Pokémon Adventures, Red's pikachu has a special technique called MegaVolt (1,000,000 volts).

Now, we have 10,000,000 volts, which I assume will be a plot point in an upcoming arc or movie.

(Ironically, Gigavolt Havoc should be stronger, as the prefix Giga indicates 1,000,000,000 volts)

heh, true, hes already used that right at the start of the new series too

Agh! Still can't beat Single Battle in the Battle Tree with my own team. I've gotten farther, but my highest is still 16 battles. It's always something I can't account for. Especially annoying running into the Umbreon on there.

JoeM86

The official site actually made a reference to it being akin to the move Pikachu used in the pilot and thus upcoming movie against the Spearow. You can see it in the animation, too

They even selected Spearow as the target in the official clip of the Z-Move used on social media

It should be allowed​ with Tutor Moves. The standard Clause about symbols is missing just region Pokedex. The restrictions also don't mention the Gen VII characters and none of the restrictions mention it being Gen VII TMs either so ORAS tutors and Gen I TMs should both be legal (as should technically Gen III-VI tutor and TM moves for Kanto Pokemon with a valid migration path).
Cool, thanks.

The Kanto X Alola competition doesn't look like it's gonna be much different from alola singles. Most of the great kanto pokemon were in the alola dex already, lol. Would've been different with mega stones.

Cool, thanks.

The Kanto X Alola competition doesn't look like it's gonna be much different from alola singles. Most of the great kanto pokemon were in the alola dex already, lol. Would've been different with mega stones.

Move Tutors and Gen III-VI TMs might put some different spins in on some mons. Gen I TMs might have but since they aren't on the egg list and I doubt people would be happy with Gen I mons IV wise I can't see it being used much except for some gimmick sets but sometimes those do well just from the surprise factor.

Smeags

In Pokemon Bank, when I look at a Pokemons stats, it seems to ignore the stat boost given by a Hyper Training. Although when I took it back to Moon, the stat went back to its full "31" number.

Does this mean that Hyper Training is useless post S/M? Or is it just an issue with Pokemon Bank?

In Pokemon Bank, when I look at a Pokemons stats, it seems to ignore the stat boost given by a Hyper Training. Although when I took it back to Moon, the stat went back to its full "31" number.

Does this mean that Hyper Training is useless post S/M? Or is it just an issue with Pokemon Bank?

Hypertraining sets a flag that makes the IV count as 31 for battling purposes while the original value remains unchanged. I doubt they'd suddenly have it stop working in future gens though.

Move Tutors and Gen III-VI TMs might put some different spins in on some mons. Gen I TMs might have but since they aren't on the egg list and I doubt people would be happy with Gen I mons IV wise I can't see it being used much except for some gimmick sets but sometimes those do well just from the surprise factor.
Yeah there's subtleties like that and maybe the use of Nidoking, Zapdos and drought Ninetales as far as I can tell. Good thing for me anyway since I did pretty well in alola singles and should do well here too. >:D Can't say the same for doubles, lol.

Busaiku

that does make more sense.
It seems to be slightly stronger than Raichus Z move. Surely it comes with the best possible IV and Nature right?
Stoked Sparksurfer has 175 base power.
This is 195.

However, you can't use Light Ball with it, so it'll always do less.

Smasher89

Nice, dodont live in japan, so I doubt i would get a code for my japanese copy of the game though :/, i miss the japanese no code events!

Didn't realize when they said "Kanto and Alola" they actually meant "Alolan Pokedex with the 6 Kanto Pokemon not already in it". I could have been using my regular team without Gengarite instead of using Kommo-o as a Garchomp replacement and Dodrio as a Murkrow replacement. Oh well.

Also kind of a shame shiny Koko is locked to Timid, I already reset for a Timid one and was hoping to make the shiny into a Z-Mirror Move set, guess I'll pass on trying to get one for a while.

Daemul

Played two rounds in the tournament using a mono-Poison team. 3-0 both times. Aww yeah.

I lost to a mono-Poison team on Rated Battle Spot around 57 days ago. I still able to clearly recall it because I'm still salty as fuck about it lol. Was it against you?

Wichu

I lost to a mono-Poison team on Rated Battle Spot around 57 days ago. I still able to clearly recall it because I'm still salty as fuck about it lol. Was it against you?

I didn't have en entirely mono-Poison team until recently. If you lost to Muk/Toxapex/Salazzle/Golisopod/Tapu Bulu/Nihilego, that was me (Golisopod and Tapu Bulu were there to cover weaknesses and provide Grassy Terrain support).

I've switched to mono-Poison with the Bank update (Nidoking too good).

Top Bottom