• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft guarantees Xbox 360 games will look better than PS3 games next 2-3 years

Kabouter

Source

Interview with Richard Teversham, director of platform and marketing for EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) said to Dutch website FOK!games that he guarantees that Xbox 360 titles will look superior to PlayStation 3 games for the next two to three years.

Some quotes:

I guarantee that Xbox 360 games will look better than PS3. Xbox 360 is easy to develop on and programmers have experience already. We will keep ahead of the curve for two to three years

[..]

I am planning on PlayStation 3 being launched in March, but with how many consoles? If Japan becomes a succes, will Sony ship consoles to Europe?

[..]

It is time to deliver on all the plans. Todays line-up is great, before Christmas it will be amazing, and after Christmas it will be unbeatable

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
I have no doubt he just said this purely to read the reaction on GAF. With coke and popcorn.

M3wThr33

Banned
Wait, keeping ahead of the curve for two-three years means that in two-three years it WON'T be ahead.
He just admitted defeat!

jarosh

jokerpopcorn.gif

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
sure, buddy. when your 2nd generation games look generally just as good as 1st gen PS3 games...you'll have to prove your statement if you want me to even believe that.

Tieno

M3wThr33 said:
Wait, keeping ahead of the curve for two-three years means that in two-three years it WON'T be ahead.
He just admitted defeat!
Witty!

This thread will just be full of trolls....

M3wThr33

Banned
davepoobond said:
sure, buddy. when your 2nd generation games look generally just as good as 1st gen PS3 games...you'll have to prove your statement if you want me to even believe that.

MS: 2nd gen starts when we say it does.

GhaleonEB

A console rep having confidence in the competiveness of his hardware? Shocker.

Nothing he said was too out there. But laugh on guys!

Kabouter

GhaleonEB said:
A console rep having confidence in the competiveness of his hardware? Shocker.

Nothing he said was too out there. But laugh on guys!
It's one thing to claim your games will look better, it's a whole other thing to guarantee it.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
My interpretation of what he said is pretty much a logical, but not very imaginable situation. Thanks to experience with the hardware they will be able to handle it better than PS3, but the PS3 is more powerful and will eventually look better. What irks me is how he guaranteed it.

Tieno

trh said:
My interpretation of what he said is pretty much a logical, but not very imaginable situation. Thanks to experience with the hardware they will be able to handle it better than PS3, but the PS3 is more powerful and will eventually look better. What irks me is how he guaranteed it.
OMG! HE GUARANTEED IT!

SHIT! HE DID NOT JUST GUARANTEE THAT! OH SNAP!

jjasper

I was also told that 2nd gen 360 games would look better than 1st gen ps3 games, that didn't happen so how is it going to happen from hear on out.

Whatever you can't blame people for saying this things though it is their job afterall.

GhaleonEB

jjasper said:
I was also told that 2nd gen 360 games would look better than 1st gen ps3 games, that didn't happen so how is it going to happen from hear on out.

Whatever you can't blame people for saying this things though it is their job afterall.
What? :lol

GhaleonEB said:
That's even better. Now we can mock him retroactively if he's wrong.

It's rather fun to do with the MS exec who claimed that 1080p wasn't possible for PS3 launch titles and also wasn't possible for anything but old games or games that loked like GTHD.

Top Bottom