• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands Trailer – We Are Ghosts

looks great.

Also, hadn't heard it previously but the second video confirms the Cartel being from Mexico.

And I guess no competitive multiplayer this time around?

New web page shows Co-Op and Solo only

I'm hoping the demo and announce competitive MP at E3. The world is lacking a proper TPS competitive MP right now.

I'll be grabbing it for the co-op. I hope they don't try to follow the Destiny/Division route. I get the impression this game might be closer than some thought? I get the feeling this might be a Fall 2016 game?

Khrno

More than the Division, this looks like Far Cry (2-4) to me which is awesome, this looks nothing like the Division.

dex3108

I'll be grabbing it for the co-op. I hope they don't try to follow the Destiny/Division route. I get the impression this game might be closer than some thought? I get the feeling this might be a Fall 2017 game?

Current release date is before April 2017.

Kyle549

Current release date is before April 2017.

I say it comes it out this Fall. UBI has this and WD2 in the queue and this seems to be the one they're pushing. Do they have another big releases coming for Fall?

This seems like a big pre-E3 push followed by a longer presentation at E3 and a Fall release.

dex3108

I say it comes it out this Fall. UBI has this and WD2 in the queue and this seems to be the one they're pushing. Do they have another big releases coming for Fall?

This seems like a big pre-E3 push followed by a longer presentation at E3 and a Fall release.

Ne AAA IP, South Park and For Honor will also be released before April 2017.

This has so much potential. Coop MGS5 with my operator bros could be tons of fun.

This is exactly my line of thought. Looking for a great co-op experience with friends that isn't a loot grind mmo like Destiny/Division. We're old enough to have other commitments and their time/currency/devotion requirements are desirable at all.

A current gen tactical co-op sandbox would be absolutely great. I've been keeping on eye out for this since last year and hope it turns out good.

Goron2000

best junior ever
Eh, the announcement trailer looked like a fun time but this one has added the usual Ubisoft "grit" to it and I don't want that. Please Ubisoft, stop thinking that having a gravelly voiced asshole with a sad backstory adds depth, it doesn't and I'm really over it.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
It looks pretty but Tactical TPS need a re-haul form the ground up mechanics wise.

I understand a video is no way to really judge gameplay but it really just looks like The Division not confined to a city and with vehicles.

Give me some old school GR 1 and 2 please.

Did Ghost Recon suddenly forget all the earlier games had female characters?
482604-gr2teamupdated.jpg

Future Soldier didn't even have them in MP.

Really looking forward to this for the coop as that has been the standout feature for the series since OGR for my friends and I.

I think it will be different enough to stand out with a more realistic approach similar to Rainbow Six Siege rather than the bullet sponge enemies of the Division. It also seems like the co-op mission structure wont seem as simple & instanced as Division and Destiny with variable outcomes that affect the campaign down the line. Add in the use of vehicles and travel and it def has its own kind of unique thing going on.

It will also help that Battlefield and Call of Duty will have dramatically different settings this time around so this wont get lost in the shuffle of modern warfare-based shooters like it has in the past.

After being letdown by The Division... I don't know how I feel about this, sure it looks good. But if the missions are going to be as boring as it was in The Division, I'm gonna be pissed.

That looks so beautiful!!! Wow

...then we get the final version with a huge downgrade and it looks just good, like with The Division.

Sadly hoping Mitchell is in but I doubt it, loved how he was in Ghost Recon 2 through GRAW series showed up in HAWX, was in Future Soldier and later became the American commander in End War.

majik13

Cool, this is a tad less hype for me compared to the reveal trailer. And yeah looks like a downgrade of sorts, but I think that was expected. I hope it is great.

It looks pretty but Tactical TPS need a re-haul form the ground up mechanics wise.

I understand a video is no way to really judge gameplay but it really just looks like The Division not confined to a city and with vehicles.

Give me some old school GR 1 and 2 please.

I see what you are geting at, but dont forget the Division was and RPG of sorts, with bullet sponge enemies. That will be a big differentiator. But in general, however the actual gameplay and themes dont seem very unique, as of right now.

Also,

*we are ghosts
shhhhhhh

M52B28

Banned
This reminds me of a mix of the following.

Mercenaries
Army of Two
Just Cause
and something else..

It looks great. The color palette is absolutely gorgeous. I'm so happy that they decided to take the colorful approach. Does Bolivian environments justice.

Can't wait to see more.

Just reminded me - The color palette is just like Red Dead Redemption! That's what I was looking for.

So I guess because it's third person and modern military, it looks like The Division? Or do y'all really think this is going to be a stat-driven RPG PvE/PvP shooter hybrid? Even if both games are considered "open world" there's a huge different between an open city and open landscape.

So I guess because it's third person and modern military, it looks like The Division? Or do y'all really think this is going to be a stat-driven RPG PvE/PvP shooter hybrid? Even if both games are considered "open world" there's a huge different between an open city and open landscape.

It's the internet that we're talking about here! My friends asked if it's going to be like the division

I'm not seeing the division anywhere in that either. Hell the Moment the ai got one shotted by a sniper in the first trailer it separated itself from the division lol

Turkoop

Banned
This is probably Ubisofts best trailer ever!
But there are so many questions about this game, how is the gameplay, is it only coop, is there a dark zone mode like in Division
How does it function ? are there raids ? loot/gear ?
I've still so many questiony, I hope they've gonna reveal a lot at E3.
But looks very polished

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This is probably Ubisofts best trailer ever!
But there are so many questions about this game, how is the gameplay, is it only coop, is there a dark zone mode like in Division
How does it function ? are there raids ? loot/gear ?
I've still so many questiony, I hope they've gonna reveal a lot at E3.
But looks very polished

To my understanding it's a regular campaign game that has four player co-op.

You have three AIs if you're a solo player.

I'm guessing there will also be separate multiplayer modes, but that's not clear yet.

If you imagine something like GTA or Watch Dogs, but with three other players, you're probably on the right track.

RedSwirl

I've been super cautiously optimistic about this game since they first announced it at E3. I've actually always thought Ghost Recon should go open-world, but I always assumed it would be another Far Cry/Assassin's Creed clone. I don't know what to expect at this point. The trailer looked like it could possibly be that but with a bit of Just Cause and on a bigger scale than any previous Ubi game.

At the very least I hope Ubi has paid a lot of attention to MGSV because that was pretty much the best Ubi-style open-world game.

What I'm really praying for (that probably won't happen) is that we get some kind of ArmA-lite out of this.

It looks like between MGSV, Sniper Ghost Warrior 3, Sniper Elite 4, and this, we might finally be starting to see a new trend for sandbox tactical shooters.

To my understanding it's a regular campaign game that has four player co-op.

You have three AIs if you're a solo player.

I'm guessing there will also be separate multiplayer modes, but that's not clear yet.

If you imagine something like GTA or Watch Dogs, but with three other players, you're probably on the right track.
Welp that's something I'd be sold on.

Man do I want this game to be good.

If so I will play the everloving fuck out of this with my buddies.

Do it right, Ubi. Do it right.

Top Bottom