• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands Trailer – We Are Ghosts

I hope there's a decent amount of character customzation so I can just run around in the classic woodland BDUs + boonie hat from Island Thunder
tom-clancys-ghost-recon-island-thunder-image942949.jpg

Very impressed in the size and scope and variety of environments they showed off in the trailer.

Am hoping there are much larger complexes than the snack sized ones you tackled in FarCry 4 for instance.

Everything they've shown in the trailers has me hyped as hell so far. But with Ubi splitting their world into pre-Division, post-Division realities, I'll need to see the small print.

Vintage

I was so excited after it's reveal, the game looks super fun, but it's been so long since any info or trailer.

I really hope it has a proper single-player campaign, not just Division style crap.

Trogdor1123

Very impressed in the size and scope and variety of environments they showed off in the trailer.

Am hoping there are much larger complexes than the snack sized ones you tackled in FarCry 4 for instance.

Everything they've shown in the trailers has me hyped as hell so far. But with Ubi splitting their world into pre-Division, post-Division realities, I'll need to see the small print.
I was thinking this too, game looks pretty cool. Might have to grab it.

That trailer was hype. Too bad the visuals probably won't look anywhere as good as that trailer.

Is this full open-world? How big are these environments?

Peru

So ugly, so ugly. That kind of style is quickly becoming repellant to me. Dusty fields, tin huts, smoky, dim rooms, urban/military apparel, po-faced folks. It's hard to call it a style of its own but it still very much identifies as a particular kind of video game. Has its own kind of sheen, glow, aura, its own jagged edges. And I hate it.

eloxx

This looks really good. I am also hoping for a Non-Ubisoft bland/uninteresting open world.

As good as Far Cry Primal looks for example, it is still just always the same gameplay over and over again.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Should've been called Clear and Present Danger.

Wasn't Clear and Present Danger based around Colombia though? This one seems to be around many countries though.

I don't know how a trailer like that can still be so boring. I liked the reveal trailer a lot better.

Well the reveal trailer had that YOU CAN'T FIGHT THE FRICTION song.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Nice. Ghost Recon is one of my anticipated games and im hoping that if the release date is this year, they announce it at E3. I'm still guessing March 2017 but who knows? Maybe, we'll get it this year which would be great because outside of Mafia III, I have no other games for the last four months of the year so this would be a great addition.

Just hoping that they keep their word when they said that you can play solo and off-line.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
What a cliche, shitty ass trailer.

That was like money repellent right there.

The mix of open world squad shooter + action sports vehicles (dirt bikes, buggies, helicopters), and super big landscapes is still so appealing to me. The Strike Back modern military vibes, the Mercenaries vibes, the cartel stuff....yes yes yes to all of that.

please be good
please be good
please be good

smoothj

I was hyped for this game. After this trailer, it looks like your general 3rd person action game.

Hope the MP is good then I might come around again.

eso76

Ah yes, had forgotten about this.
Was a lot more impressed with the reveal last year though, haven't watched it in a while (well, in a year actually) tbh so not sure if it does look worse or we are just not as easily impressed as we were in June 2015.

Mugenjin

That looked awful. Anyone remember the original Ghost Recon? Also knowing Ubisoft and their "open world" games it's going to end up with 200 collectibles, 50 side missions which can be reduced to 3 unique ones and 20 outpost to liberate so you can reveal missions in the immediate area.

It's Ubisoft, it has guys with guns. Prepare for a year of "looks just like The Division" posts.
The stealth takedowns give me hope that this is still a Ghost Recon in the GRAW mold, and not more like Division in terms of damage numbers, RNG loot, and strict scaling of health and damage and gear.

Game looks good, but only due to the reveal, because that trailer was terrible. The voice over saying a ton of generic phrases made me mute it & the shaky 1 second clips all strung together didn't help either.

Will probably get a downgrade visually too before launch but provided the game is a solid ghost recon game I'll buy it, love tactical co op games.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Now this looks more representative of the in-game graphics, as opposed to E3 2015's "in-game" trailer.

Something feels off about the environments though, I can't put my finger on it.

Top Bottom