• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geoff Keighley hyping this years E3 as the Best One Ever!

Armadilo

Banned

on his Twitter
Some tweets that stood out

Geoff Keighley ‏@geoffkeighley 1h1 hour ago
I genuinely get excited this time of year. Next Monday will be a great day for our industry. World class content is coming. #E3

Looking over our show rundown tonight, we have perhaps the best lineup we've ever had. 12 hours of amazing news and wall-to-wall games.

Ya'll aren't ready for what is about to happen. I've been to all 22 E3s. 22!

Crash..Crash it's Happening .. . .

Bonus tweet
I promise you our E3 team has worked as hard as ever to bring you the best possible show. The biggest games. The biggest names. The moments.
You just have to admire the man for always being Passionate about gaming, Bravo !

Wagram

Crash would be fun, but it isn't the game that would make this better than 22 E3s.

Especially when it's probably made by some third rate nobody studio.

FluxWaveZ

Is that what he's saying, or is he saying that "we (i.e. YouTube showing) have perhaps the best lineup we've ever had"?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Its almost like he has a youtube show to promote or something

Gorillaz

How many times does Gaf fall for this hahahaha

Geoff always does this and Gaf always has this big ass hype train that crashes. Hard. Every big event.

E3 2015 was just a broken clock moment. Having all of that align at once like that won't happen again.

Surprise NX. Or PS4k and Scorpio turn out to actually be super awesome and worth the upgrade. That might do it too.

It probably won't be the best E3 ever.

Just like every E3 before that, Geoff!

I am terribly excited though about it all though (don't tell GeordieMark) it's Christmas week as far as I'm concerned.

GHG

Can't wait for the inevitable "anyone else dissapointed with this e3" threads next week.

N.Domixis

Banned
Crash Bandicoot: Returns
Crash Bandicoot: Returns 2
Crash Team Racing 2: Ngin's Revenge
Developed by Naughty Dog

All confirmed to be releasing after Sony's show. No other explanation.

Kindekuma

Banned
Last year's was pretty good imho. Let's see how this one fares. Gotta commend the production quality of the streams and events the past few years. Geoff handles E3 very very well.

Did he forget the e3 where we had last guardian, Shenmue, and I think final Fantasy 7 remake all announced in one among others?

The only thing they could possibly announce in this one to compare would be crash returning to Sony, new red dead redemption, new consoles with an announcement that doesn't fuck over fans, and something else big.

I don't need it to be the best E3 - I just want it to be a good E3.

Trying to top 2015 is something I hope doesn't become a white whale for E3s going forward.

bluexy

I mean, he's being paid to hype it up. Who knows if it's being sincere -- or if he's just so into his job he has a hard time telling the difference.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Announcing games that will actually release some time soon would be a good start.

Sour puss. I bet that if they announced "FF7 will release tomorrow" there would still be a vocal minority who would lambast them for not releasing it today.

Sony did the best E3 of any company ever in the history of E3. That anyone would want to diminish that is beyond me. Sure, I'd like to see them try to top that this year. It's not like they have very strong competition going in. Both Microsoft and Nintendo are low odds contenders.

cordy

Banned
I just want that Tekken 7 console release date and I'll be fine personally. Anything else is extra.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
How many times does Gaf fall for this hahahaha
Geoff always does this and Gaf always has this big ass hype train that crashes. Hard. Every big event.
E3 2015 was just a broken clock moment. Having all of that align at once like that won't happen again.

Geoff is THE hype man. As much as I love him (after two years of a good TGA show), this is what he does. E3 2015 ain't happening again. Shit, it's still euphoric when I think about it to this day. Look, I don't need an amazing E3, as much as I'd want it. I don't even really need a great E3. Just a good one. A solid 7.5 at the very least. 8 would be nice. topping 2015 shouldn't be a thing.

opinions how do they work?

I mean he can be excited for Red Dead or something for all we know

everyone might look at this picturing their ideal lineup and that would only cause disappointment for them.... It is not possible to please every single person

Shiggy

I mean Nintendo has Zelda, and Zelda, not to forget about Zelda. That's a nice change to being the "Mario company".

watershed

Banned
He's hyping up his own show as the best 12 hours of programming they've ever done which is different than saying this will be the best E3 ever. I'm sure his excitement is genuine, I think nearly all gamers get excited for E3, but this won't be the best E3 ever. We know too much already and E3 has changed and new hardware isn't the same as a new generation, etc.

Top Bottom