• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geoff Keighley hyping this years E3 as the Best One Ever!

Keighley is such good people, we really need to give the dude more love. I mean he funds game events and his own E3 viewing out of his own pocket for some shit.

Perfect guy to represent the industry.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
nothing will top 2015 e3. im sorry.

you could announce 10 AAA titles and nothing would top it. because they wouldn't be 10 AAA titles that we have been waiting for, for multiple generations of consoles.

my hype levels: 5/10

giphy.gif

Sorry, but with 1/3 of the big 3 not really being there much at all, I don't think so.

And I'm someone who thought last years E3 was rather bland too. So there's no way this will be better, especially if people think Sony's 2015 E3 was some sort of amazing thing that can't be beat.

Wow, a kickstarter for a game that you guys have to fund, a remake that plays completely different and a game that literally looks as boring as it gets. A+.

These are my opinions, please don't kill me.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Do people really give a shit about Crash Bandicoot

How many times is this question going to be asked before they announce Crash Bandicoot returns and people go nuts?
And then how many times after?

My answer? I do, and the PS1 trilogy + CTR are consistently top sellers on PSN.

How many times does Gaf fall for this hahahaha

Geoff always does this and Gaf always has this big ass hype train that crashes. Hard. Every big event.

E3 2015 was just a broken clock moment. Having all of that align at once like that won't happen again.

I don't care I'm riding with the Pope on this one. See you all in Valhalla!!!

Have I missed something? I saw someone (
Thuway
) reply to Geoff asking if Nintendo will show up at Sony's conference? Or maybe he was just kidding, I dunno...

styl3s

Keighley is such good people, we really need to give the dude more love. I mean he funds game events and his own E3 viewing out of his own pocket for some shit.

Perfect guy to represent the industry.
I don't think many people hate him or don't like him they just like to goof on the memes.

DrBo42

nothing will top 2015 e3. im sorry.

you could announce 10 AAA titles and nothing would top it. because they wouldn't be 10 AAA titles that we have been waiting for, for multiple generations of consoles.

my hype levels: 5/10

Pretty easy for us that don't give a single shit about Final Fantasy, Shenmue or The Last Guardian.

JTripper

Dude said similar things last year and we got the conference of dreams from Sony, so I don't think he's just hyping stuff for the sake of it. Needless to say I'm excited as usual.

I'm personally hoping for a new Sly game announcement if Crash is MIA.

I can't wait for Crash Bandicoot to be announced and the collective realisation we don't care about him that much.

The recent Crash Bandicoot hype is so odd to me, because there were a bunch of Crash games released after Naughty Dog stopped working on the franchise and most of them weren't very good.

If I could think of some developers that could do the IP justice, maybe I could get excited about his return.

Tbh a Crash collection on PSN with trophies is all I really need.

This I'd be happy with.

JTripper

Tbh a Crash collection on PSN with trophies is all I really need.

"Who needs a new game when you got great old ones!" - Gaming Industry circa 2015

Trace

Banned
The recent Crash Bandicoot hype is so odd to me, because there were a bunch of Crash games released after Naughty Dog stopped working on the franchise and most of them weren't very good.

If I could think of some developers that could do the IP justice, maybe I could get excited about his return.

My assumption is people are hyped for a Naughty Dog crash. If they come out and say "REINTRODUCING CRASH, MADE BY UBISOFT" I don't think people would be that happy.

Guerrilla

Well HL3 alone would make this the best e3 in my book, but that of course won't happen.
What I can see(albeit very unlikely in some cases) is RDR2, TLOU2, New Conker and or Banjo, New Elder Scrolls, God of War and add the known quantities to that of which we haven't really seen that much of like ME:Andromeda, Gears of War, Zelda.

If all those have good showings this e3 would blow the last one out of the water imo...

imjust1n

Banned
Ff7RE was the one thing last year that blew me away we already figured the last guardian was coming before they showed it and the other game shemue 3 never played those games. I would say the previous year when KH3 and FF15 was shown blew me away more. Crash would be cool but by now it's already a last guardian to me we pretty much figure it will come back. They need something people love and would have not thought of and bring it back. Nintendo will blow minds with Zelda that's a given. Microsoft ahhh they will talk about slim xbox one because well it needs it and a Xbox stick because well they are late. They will show some cool games but nothing to me that will blow me away. Sony really is the one with the upper hand I'm glad I'm going to that theater thing

Gorillaz

I can't wait for Crash Bandicoot to be announced and the collective realisation we don't care about him that much.

that's what kills me the most with all this crash talk I dont think most people know what they exactly want from a Crash game in 2016 and if it's even worth any sort of financial investment at all

I-hate-u

If it's not on the level of Nintendo being like, syke, NX coming this fall, look at these awesome games, then I highly doubt it will be as good as he is hyping it to be.

GamerJM

Banned
2006 was great for Nintendo and MS but man, it was soooo bad for Sony.

I was a Sony hater/Nintendo fanboy at the time so the whole thing was legendary to me. It was like a Nintendo fanboy's wet dream or something. The Wii looked incredible, there were so many damn DS games announced. Great for Microsoft. And Sony's was so-bad-it's-good tier.

SNURB

Why the fuck does Crash Bandicoot bring the worst out of people when someone mentions the goddamn name here? Like every damn time. Even in those awesome retrospectives a few weeks back were tainted with them. It's just disgusting.

Anyways, did Geoff actually hinted Crash though? Cool beans if he did.

daTRUballin

He's been to 22 E3s? That doesn't make sense. Hasn't there been 21 E3s so far? So technically he's been to 21 E3s, not 22. Unless he's counting this year's E3 which shouldn't really count since it technically hasn't happened yet. :p

I was a Sony hater/Nintendo fanboy at the time so the whole thing was legendary to me. It was like a Nintendo fanboy's wet dream or something. The Wii looked incredible, there were so many damn DS games announced. Great for Microsoft. And Sony's was so-bad-it's-good tier.

Heh, I have definitely re-watched Sony's 2006 conference a number of times over the years! It's hilariously bad.

Seeing Super Mario Galaxy for the first time was incredible.

Iced Arcade

The end of the XBOX show we see a trailer of Crash Bandicoot. Microsoft buys Crash IP from Activision and gets insomniac to make the game and becomes a new XBOX mascot. Co-op game with Conker.

Internet completely gets burned down lol

Top Bottom