• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geoff Keighley hyping this years E3 as the Best One Ever!

1410497030019.png

:lol

JTripper

Sony starts the conference with Beyond Good and Evil 2 gameplay and ends with Kojima showing his new game awwwwwwwwwwww yehh

Red Devil

Tbh a Crash collection on PSN with trophies is all I really need.

"Who needs a new game when you got great old ones!" - Gaming Industry circa 2015

More like back in 2013.

My assumption is people are hyped for a Naughty Dog crash. If they come out and say "REINTRODUCING CRASH, MADE BY UBISOFT" I don't think people would be that happy.

If Naughty Dog were working on a Crash game people would complain that it's a waste of Naughty Dog's talent.

Crash Bandicoot 4

Even with this game, I just cannot see how last year's E3 will ever be topped. It had both Final Fantasy VII remake and Shenmue fucking 3 in the same press conference. The only way it could be equaled is if we get both Crash 4 and Half-Life 3 at Sony's presser, and one of these two will never happen.

that's what kills me the most with all this crash talk I dont think most people know what they exactly want from a Crash game in 2016 and if it's even worth any sort of financial investment at all

The best way I can see Crash coming back is if it was a small VR game like Lucky's Tale.

Armadilo

Banned
Why the fuck does Crash Bandicoot bring the worst out of people when someone mentions the goddamn name here? Like every damn time. Even in those awesome retrospectives a few weeks back were tainted with them. It's just disgusting.

Anyways, did Geoff actually hinted Crash though? Cool beans if he did.

no that was just me, But something is in the air and we can feel something is up

The end of the XBOX show we see a trailer of Crash Bandicoot. Microsoft buys Crash IP from Activision and gets insomniac to make the game and becomes a new XBOX mascot. Co-op game with Conker.

Internet completely gets burned down lol
Who honestly still gives two shits about crash in this day and age? I hope they don't waste much show time with this crap if it exists.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I can hype too! We're going to attempt the first Digital Foundry podcasts while I'm at the show. What could go wrong? :-X

I agree that Crash in VR could work. Lucky's Tale is magical.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I don't need Naughty Dog to make a new Crash game, I just need a developer who understands what made the Naughty Dog Crash games great and work from there. Kind of like a more inspired Wrath of Cortex without bad loading.

And then make Crash Team Racing 2, 'cause that's what I'm really here for.

I'm so excited to hear them to announce Playstation All-Star Battle Royale II

That has a lot of potential in my eyes. I enjoyed the first one immensely despite its numerous issues.

I don't need Naughty Dog to make a new Crash game, I just need a developer who understands what made the Naughty Dog Crash games great and work from there. Kind of like a more inspired Wrath of Cortex without bad loading.

And then make Crash Team Racing 2, 'cause that's what I'm really here for.

I just can't think of a current developer that specializes in making great 3D platformers

Sanzaru, perhaps?

Hexa

Why the fuck does Crash Bandicoot bring the worst out of people when someone mentions the goddamn name here? Like every damn time. Even in those awesome retrospectives a few weeks back were tainted with them. It's just disgusting.

Whoohee. You weren't kidding. We've always had people doubting stuff like TLG, FF7R, and S3 would happen, but not anywhere near the same amount of vitriol to the thought of them actually happening. o_O

Zereta

Industry's greatest hype man.

I'm genuinely excited for E3 still despite it seeming that all the megatons have leaked out. Microsoft is hungry to be #1 and Sony's hungry to keep that #1 and it's all madness. Pumped.

J-Rzez

We're at the time in gens where we start to see some ridiculous games. The oddity this time though is with the new hardware rumors. Should be a great E3, just from seeing things we know we're getting, let alone surprises.

Looking forward to Geoff's coverage.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
He has a rather large vested interest in people being excited for it so I'd take with a grain of salt. But I hope he's right.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Whoohee. You weren't kidding. We've always had people doubting stuff like TLG, FF7R, and S3 would happen, but not anywhere near the same amount of vitriol to the thought of them actually happening. o_O

JGaeX.png

This forum is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The threads are extended gutters and the gutters are full of shitposts. And when my game is finally announced, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their denial and moaning will foam up around their waists, and all the Mario and Banjo fanboys will look up and shout "Ban us!" and I'll whisper
"WHOA!"

ajb1888

Banned
What is this feeling... I have a sudden craving for nacho cheese... and cooler ranch!! and even spicy nacho!!! addffdfddsdfdgbnn

hype train is gaining steam lol

SNURB

Opinions aside (even if some of them are absolute ludicrous), it pisses me off that people have this revisionist stigma against Crash whenever some mentions the games or the character in general. You get the crap like this, "no one cares about Crash anymore anyway so why even bother making a new game game he just represents 90's 'tude in jorts he's a product of his time." Or something along the lines of "Why do YOU care about something I don't like?" He didn't kill your dogs, people.

It's just pure asinine. I don't even see Sonic get this much shit on here.

It's easy to bag on Geoff but the dude is a gamer, loves games and legit is a good guy. He spends some of his own money for VGA's and last years E3 stream was great! He is doing his job and hyping it up but I take his word as genuine.

My favorite Geoff moment was the Nintendo live thing they did where the crowd could vote with cards and the crowd was messing with him by voting pikachu over and over.

Top Bottom