• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV coming to select theaters on August 19

benzy

New sneak peak video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfHb-c01zXI

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/13/exclusive-sneak-peek-at-kingsglaive-final-fantasy-xv-movie

We have a brand new behind-the-scenes look for you today at Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV, the upcoming computer-animated feature film featuring the voices of Breaking Bad's Aaron Paul and Game of Thrones vets Sean Bean and Lena Headey. But that's not all.

In addition to its premiere on Blu-ray and Digital this fall, we can report Kingsglaive, from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and Square Enix, will also be released in select movie theaters August 19.

The fully CG-animated movie will be released worldwide as a cross-media collaboration with the upcoming video game sequel, Final Fantasy XV.
FINAL_FANTASY_KINGSGLAIVE_PSTR_R4-720x1066.jpg

georly

I guess if it's releasing before the game is out, it's safe to watch before playing the game. Was wondering when the 'best' time to watch would be (before, after, during).

_Ryo_

Wait, this is a Sony Pictures collab? So they're making bank on game sales and movie tickets and BR/DVD sales?

This is pretty neat though. It looks amazing, I just hope the story is good. The anime so far is good so if its as good as that, I will be somewhat satisfied.

Jeels

Man, in theaters...hopefully they know how to make it work this time, don't want another Spirits Within situation...

I hope in some weird twist of fate it plays in the UK, 1 so I can see it on the big screen and 2. so I know whether I want to get the deluxe edition with the movie and potentially save myself a lot of money

Dark_castle

Cool animation and effects can only get you so far. Hopefully the story, characters and writing are decent, unlike say Advent Children, which was terrible in those aspects.

wmlk

Cool animation and effects can only get you so far. Hopefully the story, characters and writing are decent, unlike say Advent Children, which was terrible in those aspects.

This story doesn't have convoluted lore as its foundation. I expect it to have much better writing than AC by default.

Philippo

This story doesn't have convoluted lore as its foundation. I expect it to have much better writing than AC by default.

That's wayyy to early to say.
We already have kingdoms lore, archeans/astral shards cosmic lore and etro/whatever that was retooled into lore.
I think the chances for it to be convulted are all there.

Still psyched for this but very unlikely to go to a theater for it. Wonder if it will be available to stream on 8/19 as well....

Top Bottom