• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Producer:"I would like to make a Virtua Fighter-Tekken game.We've some ideas!"

source http://www.gamefront.de

babelfished

Katsuhiro Harada, producer of the Tekken serie, would like to make a Tekken vs. Virtua Fighter game like Capcom did with Capcom vs. SNK some years ago. That said Marada in an interview with "G wie Gorilla.de"

Harada answers: ' I would make such a thing with the Virtua Fighter series actually gladly times. We already thought that we could do something with the Virtua Fighter series on Dreamcast years ago together with the Virtua Fighter team. Unfortunately we couldn't make it at that time.

Haradas answer throws a new light on an announcement of to 29.03.2001, as Sega and Namco published an advertisement in the Nikkei Daily paper with Akira from Segas Virtua Fighter and Jin Kazama from Namcos Tekken.

Yeah, I remember that old advertisement. gamefront.de has a small picture of it.

Today the two games series seem to be closer than at that time, how Harada says: 'It's not easy at the moment to create such a game but it's not impossible. We already have some very interesting ideas. Perhaps we can exchange a few fighters between the tweo series, that would be an in any case a good beginning.'

You'll find the complete interview here
http://g-wie-gorilla.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=153&Itemid=5

Maybe someone can make an accurate translation.

Come on Sega Namco: Make a new Fighters Megamix with VF and Tekken characters on a next gen system.

I bought the Tekken 5 collectors edition for the Hori stick a short while ago. While playing Tekken 5 and not liking it, I pondered the possibility of Sega making a new Fighters Megamix game with the Tekken chars. They could even have a "Tekken Mode" as well as a "VF5 mode" to please fans of both games like how the original FM had "Fighting Vipers Mode" and "VF3 Mode."

neptunes

the two games aren't even in the same stratosphere, unless he wants tekken characters bound in a virtua fighter engine with it's repsective physics, or was he seriously considering a reverse scenario? :lol

It would be a mess.

GhaleonEB

sugarhigh4242 said:
would that really work? those gameplay styles seem incompatible.
Fighters%20Megamix%20-%201996%20-%20(EUR).jpg

people people THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX! He obviously wants to steal the Virtua Fight 5 PS3 engine!!! Because his own team can't come up with shit!

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Just create a new gameplay style for the crossover series.

then why are you playing it?

Tekken players like the Tekken style.
VF players like the VF style.

All a new style would prove is that VF and Tekken are both superior to the crossover.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Doom_Bringer said:
people people THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX! He obviously wants to steal the Virtua Fight 5 PS3 engine!!! Because his own team can't come up with shit!

This is the first time in a month that I actually agree with you.

:O

Rlan

Fighters Megamix anyone? You could swap between the VF and Fighting Vipers styles. Chuck in Last Bronx and you could probably have as many SEGA characters as Tekken :p

loosus

Banned
Neat, although I can't say I find either series to be very interesting, anymore. I'd rather play Mortal Kombat nowadays if I'm going to play a fighter. :p

I think that a.) they wanted too long to do interesting things like this with the series and b.) I'm just getting tired of the Dragon-Ball-Z-ish stuff in these games.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Don't remind me of T6, from what I heard from a manager who saw it in dallas it still looks like crap and plays like crap compared to DR in the arcades. The idea sounds good, but the styles and mechanics of either games present huge problems if it was mixed with another.

sugarhigh4242 said:
would that really work? those gameplay styles seem incompatible.

Harada said in the interview http://g-wie-gorilla.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=153&Itemid=5

Tatsachlich war es so, dass wir vor längerer Zeit schon einmal darüber nachgedacht haben, auf dem Dreamcast zusammen mit dem Virtua Fighter-Team etwas zu machen. Leider ist damals daraus nichts geworden.'

Bablefished

We thought about a VF-Tekken game some time ago and we wanted to make something with the Virtua Fighter Team on Dreamcast.

I believe it would work. Look at Fighters Megamix please :)

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Hatorade said:
Don't remind me of T6, from what I heard from a manager who saw it in dallas it still looks like crap and plays like crap compared to DR in the arcades. The idea sounds good, but the styles and mechanics of either games present huge problems if it was mixed with another.

WTH? It was in Dallas? Are you sure?

Hatorade said:
Don't remind me of T6, from what I heard from a manager who saw it in dallas it still looks like crap and plays like crap compared to DR in the arcades.

Uhh, NAMCO hasn't shown T6 since E3. And even then while it was very disappointing visually, it still looked better than T5.

What we really need is a Tecmo DoA:Xtreme game with characters from Sega and Namco. And maybe a couple characters from Western games, like Laura Croft and maybe Bella Goth from the Sims.

PG2G

trancejeremy said:
What we really need is a Tecmo DoA:Xtreme game with characters from Sega and Namco. And maybe a couple characters from Western games, like Laura Croft and maybe Bella Goth from the Sims.

Voldo would be awesome

RaijinFY

SolidSnakex said:
Uhh, NAMCO hasn't shown T6 since E3. And even then while it was very disappointing visually, it still looked better than T5.

uh no, Tekken 5 looked better than the crap they showed at least E3.

trancejeremy said:

Just pick 2 female characters in both games and pause it in different spots. That's basically all those Xtreme games are made for.

Shinobi

Doom_Bringer said:
YES!

928302_20060509_screen001.jpg

932831_20060921_screen007.jpg

ITS A TRAP!

:lol

VF and DOA are far more compatible in terms of the basic control mechanics, and even that wouldn't wash. That said if they could design the game based on some new control scheme that somehow keeps the key touches from both games, why the hell not? It'd be interesting if nothing else...probably be pretty cool as a fan service game as well, which was all Fighters' Megamix was good for.

Dahbomb

This is hardly feasible... :lol

Everyone knows that the Tekken characters would destroy the VF characters with their half-life standard juggles. Akira am cry total because Devil Jin is going to rape him up the ass. :lol

Fanboy jokes aside, just the fact that you have to block with back/down+back direction pad in Tekken and actually have to press a Block button in VF is far too much of a control difference to make it work. There are numerous other examples but this type of crossover would only work if they make a new system, and I know neither the VF or Tekken hardcores will give a shit about this.

LCGeek

formerly sane
SolidSnakex said:

Obviously they have otherwise the person telling me wouldn't have mentioned it. Secondly I could care less that it looks marginally better than T5 it pales in comparison to DOA and VF in their next gen incarnations.

What'll be really nice is a full fledged Tekken rpg. A combination of the Tekken fighting system(realtime with equipment/etc.) and Yakuza(minus the cussing) pace and style of the game. Add in a great story. Voila :)

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
gamergirly said:
What'll be really nice is a full fledged Tekken rpg. A combination of the Tekken fighting system(realtime with equipment/etc.) and Yakuza(minus the cussing) pace and style of the game. Add in a great story. Voila :)

even the companies focusing on making rpgs can't seem to figure out how to do this anymore.

jett

D-Member
Doom_Bringer said:
YES!

928302_20060509_screen001.jpg

932831_20060921_screen007.jpg

ITS A TRAP!

The differente. It is quite tangible.

I wouldn't really be oppoed to a "Virtua Tekken". Could be pretty sweet. Of course, I have no faith at all in those namcocks.

Namco and Sega pees go out to lunch together, they are all buddy buddy and they trade info with each other.. hell look at Steve Fox and Brad Burns doing the Sway

...and if this ever happens, it would probably be a PS3 exclusive. It sucks being a fighting game fan with an Xbox 360. At least Tekken Dark Resurrection for the PSP turned out good... :D

gamergirly said:

It's a good idea, but I wouldn't trust Namco to get it right after the disaster that was Death By Degrees. If they couldn't get an action game in the Tekken universe right, how would you expect them to pull off a fairly revolutionary rpg mechanic?

Scenester

The Take Out Bandit said:
Well I guess that will be some time next week then since those retards at Namco are entertaining the idea Tekken is worthy to mop VF jizz.

:lol :lol

I cant believe I used to play Tekken :(

Matt_C

The Take Out Bandit said:
No need to go and ass up Virtua Fighter.

Go make Tekken Vs. DOA, battle of the second stringers.

Team Ninja will have a good ole time working on that game. :lol

Top Bottom