• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yves Guillemot: Beyond Good & Evil 2 is "still on the way"

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
He just confirmed it on Geoff's stream.

Edit: found another source.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 was first made known nearly a decade ago. Yet despite that, we’ve heard next to nothing about the project since then.

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot did offer up some words of encouragement during the official YouTube E3 stream. He told Geoff Keighley that Beyond Good & Evil 2 is still on the way.

http://nintendoeverything.com/ubisoft-says-beyond-good-evil-2-is-still-happening/

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
they can't keep doing this to us.

skYOFwB.gif

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Saying BG&E2 is still coming is starting to become Ubisoft's "Please be excited."

I still think that Rumor about it being NX exclusive is gonna be a thing that's true.

And then Ubisoft is gonna say "fuck it" and make it multi platform anyway.

FoneBone

I'm OK just assuming it's dead, and I'd rather everyone involved just stop talking about it until such time as they actually have something substantive to reveal. If that ever happens.

Were the Nintendo rumors ever debunked?

I don't have much faith in them, but at this point, they're kind of the only rumor either way.

No actually. Ubisoft requested Destructoid take the article down. Surprisingly.

Never heard of a "false" rumor being removed. So that's why I think it's legit.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yep, this has "NX Launch Title" written all over it.

Mimosa97

I never gave up on the Last Guardian and in the end I was right so I'm not about to give up on BGE after all these years of waiting.

I don't trust Guillemot one bit but I'm not about to lose hope.

G-Pink

I mean, he answered on the stream because Geoff asked him about it. It's very clear that Michel Ancel has been working with his team for a couple years on Wild.

If BG&E 2 is anywhere, it's in early early pre pre production, sitting on some hard drives at Ubisoft. I can't see how they could have ramped up production and not shown anything yet.

antonz

BGE2 is about as much as NX exclusive as Rayman Legends was a Wii U exclusive @_@

The difference is if the information people claimed about it on NX is true then Nintendo is putting down money to get the game made. Ubisoft selected Wii u forRayman Legends initially as a no brainer thing because those games continue to generally sell best to the Nintendo audience.

Wii U sales shook their confidence in that decision

Top Bottom