• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Good And Evil 2 Studio Head No Longer At Ubisoft

Draugoth

Gold Member
db4438eec8aa988983cf2b0a7aa81229.jpg

Ubisoft Montpellier loses its managing director as BG&E2 continues to struggle​

“The health and wellness of our teams is an ongoing priority,” a spokesperson for Ubisoft told Kotaku in an email. “Given the length of the development cycle with Beyond Good & Evil 2, the Montpellier development team is undergoing well-being assessments through a third-party for preventative measures and to evaluate where additional support may be needed.”

The studio told staff last week that managing director Guillaume Carmona, who had previously been absent since the beginning of the year, would not be returning and had left the company. No reason was provided citing legal confidentiality. Carmona, a nearly two-decade veteran of Ubisoft who began in marketing, left its Paris office in 2019 to become head of the studio best known for creating Rayman. Carmona declined to comment when asked about why he was not longer at Ubisoft.

Saber

Gold Member
Honestly with all the grim and doom I really wouldn't be surprised if they suddenly said this project was cancelled.
Probably for the best...at least it wouldn't let the hope be a prisoner.

Robb

Gold Member
No wonder Ubisoft is bleeding out when they keep projects like this and Skull and Bones going for infinity.

Even if this ever releases I doubt it’d be a big seller.

Last edited:
I remember being incredibly hyped when they announced it but I think is quite certain that we’ll never get to play it.

Last edited:

EN250

This is not releasing ever, no way they can keep going like this, just say it and be done with it, think about it, at least with Skull and Bones they're forced to show some progress over the years and that's only going to release whenever because of the deal with the government of Singapore

I think, best-case scenario, even if this game ever does actually release in some form, it will not be what the fans of the original wanted. Nothing so far made public about this game have indicated it will be. All indications are it's destined to be the next Duke Nukem Forever. So aim your expectations low.

And, speaking of Ubisoft and resurrecting legacy IPs... why hasn't the original Rayman been remastered for modern platforms? It's an astoundingly great game, from sound design to level design. It deserves to be played by people who weren't alive and able to play in the mid 1990s on Playstation and Saturn. Ubisoft is so bad at managing their IP, it's just breathtaking.

Last edited:

Ribi

how hard is it to copy paste Far Cry, make it third person, add an open world that is a planet, and then sprinkle in BG&E lore? Isn't that what it'll probably end up as anyway? Although the amount of delays does have me wondering... were ubisoft actaully straying away from their formula and making an innovative game for once?

how hard is it to copy paste Far Cry, make it third person, add an open world that is a planet, and then sprinkle in BG&E lore? Isn't that what it'll probably end up as anyway? Although the amount of delays does have me wondering... were ubisoft actaully straying away from their formula and making an innovative game for once?
Wow. Somehow you've managed to come up with a game that is even worse than what I'm already imaging it will be under it's current direction.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Who knows how long it's been in development. But probably Duke Nukem territory of 10 years.

But put it this way. Nothing has churned out. And by the looks of it nothing will. Even if he game comes out it'll probably still be another few years.

But all this time the team has got paid an annual salary. Basically paid for doing nothing.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I look forward to someone in the future compiling a leaked build of this cancelled game so we can check out what a trainwreck it was.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
When I saw the title, I watched this video for the first time.

Whoever was the studio head, either he never played or never understood the first game. I haven't seen such a ridiculous sequel project before. And they were planning it as an online co-op game? Wow.

Top Bottom