• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wouldn't the internet suck for people who can't read or speak English?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Nemo

This just occurred to me the other day. Seeing as how the majority of the people on the internet communicate in English, and almost all of the hilarious GIFs, memes, images, and weird lingo like "Thank you based God/Nomura/whatever name, are pretty much in English or are based on media that's in English, I can't help but wonder how boring and bland the internet might be for people who can't understand all of it. Does the non-english community of the internet have their own funny memes and things similar to us? I'm curious.

akira28

yes. yes they do. in fact a lot of the internet is in other languages. and they even have memes.

"do they...do they even know what a meme is?"

Ahasverus

Dude, there is a whole world out there. Really. You don't know a thing about the rest of the world, none of us do. The internet is as crazy and expansive in other languages as it is in english.

K' Dash

This just occurred to me the other day. Seeing as how the majority of the people on the internet communicate in English, and almost all of the hilarious GIFs, memes, images, and weird lingo like "Thank you based God/Nomura/whatever name, are pretty much in English or are based on media that's in English, I can't help but wonder how boring and bland the internet might be for people who can't understand all of it. Does the non-english community of the internet have their own funny memes and things similar to us? I'm curious.

Yes, english, murica and everything related to the US is the center of the universe.

Everybody I know speaks english in my third world country, btw.

Lautaro

Haha are you for real?

There's plenty of local websites, local memes and translated memes everywhere.

Leave your buble sometimes...

Ahasverus

Hey OP

66718560.jpg

K' Dash

I guess EA was right when they called the millenials a bunch of ignorant $%&/ when they cancelled the first pitch of BF1 because people doesn't know shit about thr forst WW.

This guy doesn't even know there's a world out there.

FUME5

インターネットは日本語を読んだり、話すことができない人々のために吸うと思いませんか?名誉と恥はそれの一部でもありますか?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom