• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gurumin coming to Nintendo 3DS Next Month!

RK128

This great action adventure title I feel was inspired by Legend of Zelda & Mega Man Legends is coming back through a new 3DS version on the North American E-Shop next month and EU this summer :D!

The 'next month' (July) part is from this quote in the press release: "Gurumin 3D will be released next month in North America, via the Nintendo eShop (where it will cost $14.99)."

It is out now on for the PSP/Vita and Steam if you want to play it now. Never played the steam version but the Vita one works great on the platform.

I loved this game on my Vita (PSP version) and I can't wait to revisit the title again in the future. The trailer listed below is for the PC version of the game.

Hero Of Legend was nice enough to post some screen shots of the 3DS version alongside a really well-done box art for the title.

Just finished my fanmade box:

gurumin_3d_3ds_boxart_by_goldmetalsonic-da6n89f.png

I settled on that since I couldn't find a HQ version of the boxart of the PSP game.

I think it came out beautifully!

Screens coming up in a couple of minutes. :)

Edit: Screens:

DbTocvf.png
wsRLzgy.png

Al6XjBr.png
FwWaTJc.png

Hjorw00.png
X8aIyl8.png

4fTmv8p.png
cwrMO4O.png

b91Aso5.png
cu3ZDlf.png

Source: http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/m...-3d-monstrous-adventure-3ds-eshop-next-month/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIC2LacJ18E

18-Volt

Falcom releasing a game on a Nintendo platform? Falcom releasing a game in west first? Falcom recognizes the existence of Gurumin? This is really unusual.

I'll be getting the second it hits eShop,, though.

RK128

Yup they did express interest in 3DS a few years ago though.

That trailer was the steam version right?

Yes and will clarify that in a moment. Just wanted to find some footage of the game so people who never played it can see it.

Omg this game! Any RPG or adventure fans this is one of the most highly recommended games. It's a truly fun experience, pick it up if u haven't already

PSqueak

Banned
Im highly suspicious of the voice acting, with those names, why does it sound so badly acted? But the game also is trying to look and sound like "so quirky, so japanese, so 90's", so maybe it's intentional as a tribute to the abyssmal voice acting of the 90's?

looking forward to it. I remember seeing it a long ass time ago and wanting to play it but never got around to. On the 3DS, though? Definitely

GameE

Oh that's cool. I played it on Vita and liked it.
Where does that site get 'next month' tho? Site says 'summer'. Europe will have it to btw, they confirmed it on Twitter.

RK128

For people wondering about a EU release, the press release on the source link did not mention a EU version. Will edit the OP when they announced when the EU version is coming.

Thank you GameE for the correction; will update the OP now.

Eila

Huh, did Mastiff port it themselves, I wonder? I doubt it was Falcom.
Game is neat. I played it on PC where I got it for free in that promo, lol.

Im highly suspicious of the voice acting, with those names, why does it sound so badly acted? But the game also is trying to look and sound like "so quirky, so japanese, so 90's", so maybe it's intentional as a tribute to the abyssmal voice acting of the 90's?

Probably poor direction. The voice acting was pretty bland. And there is no japanese dub.

Lomax

Great little game, well worth a playthrough. Really enjoyed the PC version. It drags at times and has a couple annoying difficulty spikes, but if you look at previews of this and think you might enjoy it, you probably will.

Ridley327

Nah, this was a super low-budget localization that Mastiff did back when it originally came out on the PSP and have continued to re-use with each port.

Psxphile

This is rather unprecedented. I find myself wondering if Mastiff is doing the porting themselves (which explains why it's NA-exclusive right now) or did Falcom have some hand in this?

Gurumin fits rather well among the 3DS catalog, actually.

zroid

Banned
Never heard of this game before now but it looks cool

might just get it for Vita, although I'm definitely keen to support more Falcom games coming to Nintendo platforms

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Ha! How random. That's awesome!

I already have it on my Vita (it's installed right now), but it's great that it's finally coming to 3DS. It's such a fun, charming game. I still haven't beaten it, actually. I need to get on it.

Camjo-Z

This is quite a WTF announcement. Already have it on Vita but never got that far in it, will defintely be grabbing it on 3DS.

That came out of nowhere, for which I'm mighty glad : D

Loved it on PC, but never got round to acquiring the PSP version despite it being a perfect fit for handheld play.

RK128

Year of Dreams 2.0 continues everyone XD!

Wild Guns Remastered and this were the 'WTF' announcements of the show for me personally :). This plus all the Vita announcements this past few weeks made me look forward to gaming on my 3DS & Vita this year :D.

It's being developed by Opus Inc, who ported Half Minute Hero to PC, and iNPLAS, in conjunction with Falcom.

I hope the 3D effect is good. There's a lot of platforming in Gurumin, and some of it can be a bit ropey either due to the lack of visible shadows or the way the camera can be positioned. A good 3D effect would not only bring tangibility to the game's dungeons, but make the platforming something you can do with confidence.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Zelda and MML? When I first saw Gurumin I only thought of Goemon.

Zelda and MML? When I first saw Gurumin I only thought of Goemon.

Yeah, there isn't really much in the way of puzzle solving, it's more like Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (which is only superficially like Zelda anyway), larger emphasis on platforming and pushing your way through levels.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Never played the Goemon games, so my first thought springed to 3D Zelda and Mega Man Legends.
Oh that was your description not the dev/pub? I wouldn't make a habit of presuming what others were inspired by.

Is Falcom doing the porting or is the publisher doing it with consent from Falcom? I remember Xseed had to hire programmers for some of the Steam games they published. And it's really strange that it's coming out in the West with no Japanese announcement.

Is Falcom doing the porting or is the publisher doing it with consent from Falcom? I remember Xseed had to hire programmers for some of the Steam games they published. And it's really strange that it's coming out in the West with no Japanese announcement.

Opus Inc., iNPLAS and Falcom, developing in conjunction with Mastiff (who probably commissioned this version of the game). I'd imagine most the programming will be done by Opus inc (they last worked on the PC ports of Half Minute Hero, and apparently they were involved with stuff like Neon Genesis Evangelion on the N64, which was an example of better programming on that system.

Opus Inc., iNPLAS and Falcom, developing in conjunction with Mastiff (who probably commissioned this version of the game). I'd imagine most the programming will be done by Opus inc (they last worked on the PC ports of Half Minute Hero, and apparently they were involved with stuff like Neon Genesis Evangelion on the N64, which was an example of better programming on that system.

Opus also apparently helped out on Kid Icarus Uprising and iNPLAS made their own 3DS eShop game called Kuroko Style.

http://nintendoeverything.com/kuroko-style-hitting-the-japanese-3ds-eshop-this-spring/

CamHostage

Geez, Mastiff, tell somebody about this next time! Gurumin on 3DS is great news, I'm very interested in picking this up.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Man .. wow this brings back memories. Remember playing this on the PSP literally YEARS ago.

Top Bottom