• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 4 is a 1-year timed exclusive for MS

Armadilo

Banned
ClGTyYrWEAAWiY-.jpg

via Twitter ( Game Journalist )

Ryan Brown
‏@Toadsanime
Capcom rep says that Dead Rising 4 is a 1-year timed exclusive for MS.

IS4Nar5.png

-Update-

Confirmed Article
Dead Rising 4 is set to release exclusively for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC in December,
but Microsoft has confirmed to GameSpot that the upcoming zombie game is only a timed-exclusive and could eventually make its way to PS4 and Steam.

It will remain a Windows 10 exclusive for the first 90 days and console exclusive on Xbox One for one year.

On Steam 90 days after launch and PS4 1 year after launch

ViciousDS

Banned
Well at least we got the info pretty quick unlike the beat around the Bush tomb raider responses we were getting last year

Joey Ravn

Banned
Do we have any actual confirmation that it's coming to PS4 and not just releasing on Steam? Microsoft is the publisher of the game. Will Square Enix switch publishers for the PS4 release? Is that something common?

blinkz

Didn't MS fund DR3 or something along those lines? This franchise has always had deep MS ties I expected it to be no different this time.

MUnited83

For you.
Yep, very nice. Will buy on Steam.
Do we have any actual confirmation that it's coming to PS4 and not just releasing on Steam? Microsoft is the publisher of the game. Will Square Enix switch publishers for the PS4 release? Is that something common?
Them publishing on Xbox One/ Win10 doesn't mean much. DR3 and Ryse were published by MS on the Xbox One, but then the Steam versions were published by Capcom and Crytek.

To be fair, the game wasn't introduced as an exclusive during their conference. The only thing I was unsure of was whether it meant only a Steam release was in the cards or if it also included the PS4.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Will hopefully be playing "Days Gone" by that point and this game will have lost its chance to sell well on PS4, being a whole year late.

Armadilo

Banned

a lot of 1 year stuff talk heard on the web but they wouldn't say this stuff as the game has not come out and it wouldn't come out until December 2017, the earliest

Can someone plz enlighten me on why this gets wasted money on? Like as a full exclusive I except it. More than likely it's being co-devolped,payed for,marketed. I thought this was full exclusive so I just waved it off and was gonna get it on Xbox. Somehow a one year exclusive for a big game seems so stupid to me idky

It's quite interesting that Capcom went for another timed exclusive Dead Rising game.

At-least it's coming, a timed exclusive for a year is better than not arriving at all, which seems to be the case with Street Fighter 5.

EvB

Wasn't that obvious that it was not described as exclusive on the trailer? Unlike everything else

A year, huh? Seems excessive.

Also, you're all dicks Microsoft.
neogaf.gif

It's weird to have had 3 exclusive and 4 is timed. Have they actually said it'll be PS4 and not just going to PC later? Though I think this was a Play Anywhere title so yeah, PS4. Odd.

Oh well I shall have it in December and on a Scorpio next year!

Akronis

Can someone plz enlighten me on why this gets wasted money on? Like as a full exclusive I except it. More than likely it's being co-devolped,payed for,marketed. I thought this was full exclusive so I just waved it off and was gonna get it on Xbox. Somehow a one year exclusive for a big game seems so stupid to me idky

Because MS gets those impatient sales and it doesn't piss everyone off for totally moneyhatting it. You can see in this thread people are just glad it's not 100% MS exclusive.

Would it be better if the game was lifetime exclusive to XB1 / Steam / Windows 10?

That really isn't an argument. I game on PC anyways, but it's still shitty to see timed exclusives. Consumers don't benefit from timed exclusives.

Chobel

Sounds like a moneyhat and not funding*. Either way I am happy at least PC version isn't delayed. Any idea about Steam release?

*If it is coming to PS4.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Because the people that handle these deals do it with a business perspective in mind and not a gamer one.

Top Bottom