• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clover Studio Dissolution

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Since I can't read Japanese, I'm going to assume it says "Clover studio praised; Given Raises!"...?

Bebpo

Banned
**** all you people both in Japan and the US and Europe who didn't buy the most AMAZING GAMES THIS GENERATION, which tended to come from Clover.

GREATEST STUDIO IN THE WORLD and like that...it's gone.

I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep now. I hate everyone :(

Pachael

About 100K in Japan, I think? Guess BenT was on the nose with that rumour...
In before Bebpo's 'part of the problem' spiel... oops too late.

BocoDragon

beat said:
Google has machine translation tools. Not perfect, but enough to get the gist.

:lol :lol

Because this corporation resolved the dispersion of the clover studio corporation which is the subsidiary company of this corporation in the board of directors of 2006 October 12th opening, we inform. Description 1. Summary of the subsidiary company which it disperses (1) the trade name: Clover studio corporation (2) address: Plain town three Chome 2 - 8 inside the Osaka city Chuo Ku (3) representative name: Tsujimoto spring Hiro (4) establishment date: 2004 July 1st (5) capital: 90,000,000 Yen (6) business contents: Development of game software for home (7) principal shareholder: Corporation [kapukon] 100%

1. The reason clover studio corporation of dispersion creating the title which has creativity started doing the development of the game software for home in purpose, but in order to assure efficient development development with the selection and centralization of all groups, to disperse the same company.

2. Future schedule clearing off joining Ryo: 2007 3 end of the month day schedule

3. Concerning the loss seeing capital stock which accompanies the dispersion of the future prospect particular subsidiary company, in 2007 March period interim closing it is the schedule which appropriates approximately 400,000,000 Yen as a extraordinary expense. Concerning contents, we have interwoven to the correction of achievement expectation of the same date.

D-d-d-disperse?!?

Striek

Granted I haven't played Okami, but VJ was a (whored-out) turd and God Hand screams niche.

Can't say I'm sorry.

BocoDragon

AgentOtaku said:
I was buying Godhand this friday the minute I got paid!!!

:lol Aw man... look what you did now! I would have lent you the cash bra!

White Man

Not really much of a shock. They didn't have any successful games outside of Viewtiful Joe, really.

Still sad to see. I blame Himuro, and if he ever badmouths Okami again, he'll never post on GAF again. PM me if he does badmouth it.

White Man said:
Not really much of a shock. They didn't have any successful games outside of Viewtiful Joe, really.

Still sad to see. I blame Himuro, and if he ever badmouths Okami again, he'll never post on GAF again. PM me if he does badmouth it.
:lol :lol

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
White Man said:

Maybe they shoulda released ookami on the cube afterall...

/me runs

VVARIO

October 12, 2006

Cac Place

Company name: Capcom Ltd.
Representative name: The President and Representative Director Kenzo Tsujimoto
..(.. code number: 9697 Osaka Securities Exchange Tokyo Stock Exchange and the 1st
Where to make contact: Announcing to public and IR room
Telephone number: (06)6920-3623

Information concerning dissolution and liquidation of our subsidiary company

Our company will inform that the dissolution of clover studio Ltd. that is our subsidiary company was resolved in Managing Board of holding on October 12, 2006.

Record

1. Outline of subsidiary company that dissolves
(1) Trade name: Clover studio Ltd.
(2) Address: 3 chome in plains townsecond No.8 in Osaka City Chuo Ward
(3) Representative name: Halhiroshi Tsujimoto
(4) Foundation Date: July 1, 2004
(5) The capital: 90 million yen
(6) Activities: Development of domestic game software
(7) Main shareholder: Capcom Ltd. 100%

1. Reason for dissolution
It was assumed that this company was dissolved to attempt efficient development development by selecting and concentrating the entire group though clover studio Ltd. had developed domestic game software to create the title that had originality.

2. Schedule for the future
Liquidation Musshima: Schedule at the end of March, 2007

3. Outlook for the future
About 400 million yen is scheduled to be summed up to the Financial Statements for Interim Period Ended Sept 30, 2006 as an extraordinary loss about loss Mi Cogac according to the dissolution of a subsidiary company concerned. The content is woven to the correction of the performance forecast dated of the same day.
Excite's translation

ram

Bebpo said:
**** all you people both in Japan and the US and Europe who didn't buy the most AMAZING GAMES THIS GENERATION, which tended to come from Clover.

ergh...okami isnt out till spring 2007 in europe. **** capcom for beeing such lazy dicks. and not to mention god hand, which will be also released in spring 2007.

cvxfreak

For the record, I'll go on to state that I don't think this is as bad as it may seem. Kamiya did not magically become innovative or stylistic because he was suddenly at Clover. He still created RE2, DMC and VJ at Capcom proper. If Clover Studios never existed, Okami still would have been created. Mikami also... he created something like God Hand, but like P.N. 03 he still would have created it at Capcom itself. (Let's ignore that Clover was a part of Capcom anyway, de facto.)

Capcom's games are the type that don't really rely on the actual developers but more so on the actual thinkers that initiate the projects. If Kamiya gets his next big idea, it's going to get made.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
duckroll said:
Too bad, guess it wasn't enough.
i remember capcom actually being pleased with how okami performed in the japanese charts, along with zx.

really surprising these news.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
In all seriousness, a Wii port of Okami would be a great fit. Nintendo's usual audience would lap it up, graphically they could do wonders, and "painting" with the wiimote could be absolutely amazing.

"A happy little bush here. A happy little tree there..." Etc.

Top Bottom