• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Fight Night PS3 Screens

mcdonnell

GameHead tonight showed the first footage from Fight Night PS3. It was definitely real in-game footage. Frame rate looked a little low, but the trailer showed the first person mode. It doesn't seem to be up online yet.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
What was the name of that song playing during the fight night trailer?

ps3fightnightround31161006925lj4.jpg

ps3fightnightround31161006938en1.jpg

ps3fightnightround31161006946fv9.jpg

ps3fightnightround31161006956jb0.jpg

ps3fightnightround31161006965qk5.jpg

ps3fightnightround31161006904ju0.jpg

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
HOLY SHIT!!!! That looks ****ing good as hell.

ps3fightnightround31161006904ju0.jpg

Check out the detail of the veins in this guys arms. Is that Gatti?

DarienA

Shawn said:
I have a hard time believing that those are real-time, in-game shots.

Exactly what I was thinking. I find it very hard... cause the first person clips I've seen look nowhere NEAR as detailed as these shots.

Mmmkay

Shawn said:
I have a hard time believing that those are real-time, in-game shots.
It's the same story as what EA did with almost every single Fight Night Round 3 shot for 360, they're supersampled devshots - the same kind EA does for most of its games. With the very first PS3 shots being framebuffer captures, I had half hoped EA had a change in policy. Alas, that didn't last long.

DarienA

DaddyZ said:
You guys must've never played the 360 version. It looks damn near identical besides the veins.

That's just it I've played the 360 version... and it didn't look like this either. Maybe this is a resolution issue... I have no idea what res the 360 version I played was being shown at....

Insertia

Wow, clearly a step up over the 360 version. Lighting and textures are much better. Hopefully they address the animation problem. Nice to know EA isn't slinging around a lazy port.

Hopefully Madden gets this treatment.

No, i played the hell out of the 360 version it didn't look this good. It always had a bit of old-gen gloss over it's next gen exterior. The gloss seems to be gone now.

SonnyBoy

I also own the 360 version and I dont think it looks as good as this. Its not 10x better maybe like 3x or 4x better.

Insertia said:
Wow, clearly a step up over the 360 version. Lighting and textures are much better. Hopefully they address the animation problem. Nice to know EA isn't slinging around a lazy port.

Hopefully Madden gets this treatment.

Animation isn't any good still. Without momentum based animation its never really going to get there either.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Holy crap, I like how they even have special texture for the elbow skin :lol

Also, the face here looks really amazing:
ps3fightnightround31161006946fv9.jpg

It should have been animated better, but I think the first person mode helps there a bit, as there's less objects on the screen animating (you mostly look at his head and arms)

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Looks the same, but more polished in the texture/post processing dept.

The game lacked 60fps, good animation and convincing hit detection. IMO, the game should've been designed with those things as a priority. Hell, any (sports) game should!

SonnyBoy said:
I also own the 360 version and I dont think it looks as good as this. Its not 10x better maybe like 3x or 4x better.
For Fight Night 3.5 it better look 3x or 4x better. But all of us knew the X360/PS3 could produce these levels of graphics, so that's expected.

What's not expected though is the ugly as sin animation. I thought next gen was supposed to usher in a new era of unparalled animation. What happened?

mckmas8808

SolidSnakex said:
Animation isn't any good still. Without momentum based animation its never really going to get there either.

Yeah can you imagine what 2K Sports could do if they took their knowledge of animation from their NBA 2K7 team and had graphics that looked this damn detailed?

My god my head would explode from the greatest that will become of that.

Zaptruder

Banned
DaddyZ said:
You guys must've never played the 360 version. It looks damn near identical besides the veins.

And people deny the power of GAF.

I say in the last PS3 FN3 pics thread that, while it looks good, they're details like VEINS are very apparent in real life pics, while those older pics just didn't have them...

a month or so later, and lo and behold, veins have turned up!

Hooray me.

I pointed them to this site... look at gatti's photos.

http://www.arturogatti.com/main/

Veins, like a crazy mofo.

Of course I also mentioned that, that sweat while looking good, looks a little overboard, compared to real life.

Plus real life gatti looks more like van damme.

m0dus said:
Oh, give it a rest. It's a pity that anyone needs to take solace in one tiny "flaw" when compared to how awesome everything else looks.

To suggest that animation is a tiny flaw in a game that's goal is to look very realistic is absurd. The more realistic models get the precise the animation has to be.

mckmas8808

Holy crap at the new elbow shaders. :lol

ps3fightnightround31161006915xq5.jpg

No really they do make the elbows look real as a mofo.

anyone notice the flowing EA and Underarmor logos? I haven't played the 360 version in full just the demo, so do they flow like that in the 360 version or is that a new addition?

ps3fightnightround31161006989sf2.jpg

that looks like a massive step up.

too big a step if you ask me.

i smell a noticeable lessening of graphic quality by the time the game has released or a hit to the frame rate.

Mmmkay

m0dus said:
Er, welcome to the forum. Rule #2: try to pick comparison pics that are, oh, I dunno, remotely comparable? :) Not to say that the new version isn't obviously better looking, but give us all a little bit of credit :lol
The fighter on the left is the same in both screenshots, I think that's what he was trying to aim for.

m0dus said:
Er, welcome to the forum. Rule #2: try to pick comparison pics that are, oh, I dunno, remotely comparable? :) Not to say that the new version isn't obviously better looking, but give us all a little bit of credit :lol

Well i was trying to find shots that both had the same boxer in them. Then i tried to find shots that were not that fantastic on both ends. This is certainly not the best PS3 screenshot...but, neither is the 360 shot. That way we get an idea of how they both look at there worst (or something like that...i mean i'll find the best shots if you want me to hunt a bit, but honestly i have the 360 version of FNR3 and this looks about average for the game).

Zaptruder

Banned
m0dus said:

Maybe you'd care to make a better comparison?

It looks like a pretty decent compare to me...

It's not like a cam shot of a TV screen for one, and a doctored super hi-res shot for the other...

klee123

m0dus said:
It's more a matter of lighting conditions than anything else--the poorly-lit gym at the beginning of the fight, vs the Vegas showdown late into the (sweaty sweaty!) match. :) I want a clean, fair fight!

Oh come off it! Everyone knows that the PS3 version obviously looks better because of the extra dev time. I wouldn't be surprised if FNR4 will look almost identical on both versions.

klee123 said:
Oh come off it! Everyone knows that the PS3 version obviously looks better because of the extra dev time. I wouldn't be surprised if FNR4 will look almost identical on both versions.

You're aiming WAY too high there buddy. This will be looked at as the exact same game as though they were released day & date by a lot of people here. :D

Top Bottom