• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Fight Night PS3 Screens

Insertia

Mojovonio said:
Honestly, you know what a good stance to take on everything is?

Forget about all of the technobabble, because you don't understand it anyways.
All you need to do, is realize that in terms of graphics, the two systems will be almost identical. Devs say it all the time. We will have some games that really stand out on both systems, but really, they'll all be in the same league.

If the PS3 really does start putting out games that I can really see a difference in, great, that'll be a plus to an already stellear 3rd party lineup and online system.

SC:CT came out not even a year after Pandora Tommorow and it looked leagues better. It had nothing to do with hardware, it had to do with the develepors getting better.

If you really think FNR4 looks this good soley because of the PS3 hardware, you're going to be very dissapointed when it comes out onthe 360 and looks just like it.

I believe these two were being developed at the same time, two completely different teams though.

It had more to do with one developer being better than the other.

Tieno

This is pretty amazing. The lighting and textures are superb. I wonder how much they can step it up in future iterations of this franchise, will it be noticeable from a graphics stand point? Where next graphicswise?
With that said on the 360 I had enough just with the demo, I played the demo A LOT, then rented it but didn't feel it worth it or much added value. A demo is enough for me on this.
I'm not that confident EA will go to the trouble to make the future 360 version on par with it, they have too much of a boner for the PS3.

casmaksen

Banned
C4Lukins said:
I liked the ring girls in the 360 version.

The animation/choreogrphy of that trailer looks just like the one at the start of the 360 version. As for the ring ladies they still have odd looking arms but they seem to have increased the butt polys.

Kolgar

mckmas8808 said:
It's not FN4.

Given the extra dev time, his point is valid.

And I do think the real FN4 will look the same on the PS3 and Xbox 360. I've already said this already in this very thread.

This would mean something if you were a developer, or had any knowledge of game development at all.

On the topic of these screens and video: Looks great. First-person mode is a knockout idea, pardon the pun. If executed well, it'll be amazing.

thekad

Banned
I saw it on GameHead. Graphics were a modest improvement over the 360 version. The first person mode looks really immersive though.

Zaptruder

Banned
DMczaf said:
ps3fightnightround31161006946fu1.jpg
928302_20060509_screen001.jpg

Someone slap some sense into Namco.

Or better yet, someone slap some sense into you:

comparing pics from a 10% completed E32k5 build to a 140% completed port.

kiUNiT

TheProfessor said:
Is not. I am not trying to do that. But I dont agree on brushing off the fact that this game looks so much better on the PS3 only because of extra time especially since one system was released before the other. I am not sure what all the reasons are but my guesses are:

Extra dev time
EA taking PS development more seriously than 360
Blu-Ray space. //Dont want to start anything so please ignore this.
Multi-threaded processing instead of single threaded.

So your sayin the PS3 has more power than the 360? are all multiplatform games goina be better on the PS3? do yo think I can trade my 360 premium and 10 games for a PS3?

HokieJoe

Definitely an upgrade. The models in the second comparison pic posted by m0dus look basically the same to me. It looks like they've added more definition to them though. The lighting and skin texture look awesome.

Zaptruder

Banned
kiUNiT said:
So your sayin the PS3 has more power than the 360? are all multiplatform games goina be better on the PS3? do yo think I can trade my 360 premium and 10 games for a PS3?

Yes, no, no.

youta

Looks nice! I'm not so sure about the collision detection, though,
notice the hands of the second when he lifts the rope about 5 seconds
into the video. Ring girl's cute, though :)

Drek

Dahbomb said:
Most improved game of 2075.

Fixed that for ya.

So EA devs said the months extra dev time and slightly better hardware let them make a better looking game. Wow, big shocker. The only thing that suprises me about it is that EA didn't just shove out some half assed port like many devs are chosing to do with PS3 titles. EA of all companies is stepping up to the plate with a legit upgrade version. But then, Playstation butters their bread, so I'm sure its a different standard being applied.

leehom

All you Xbot fans need to quit using extra dev time as an excuse. The 360 has a one year launch head start and all the developers say its "easier" to program for it. Instead of saying the PS3 has 8 extra months of dev time, you need to say the 360 has an extra 1 year dev time. Face it, the PS3 is slightly more powerful whether you want to admit it or not.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
leehom said:
All you Xbot fans need to quit using extra dev time as an excuse. The 360 has a one year launch head start and all the developers say its "easier" to program for it. Instead of saying the PS3 has 8 extra months of dev time, you need to say the 360 has an extra 1 year dev time. Face it, the PS3 is slightly more powerful whether you want to admit it or not.

*sigh*

shpankey

not an idiot
leehom said:
welcome Gamefaqs banned refugee
not really, you really aren't

they just never stop coming to GAF. :lol

shpankey said:
welcome Gamefaqs banned refugee
not really, you really aren't

they just never stop coming to GAF. :lol

cmon this is neogaf...are you sure you should be laughing...this place can become the fanboy equivalent of the battler of the somme.....

best for news though

peace

When it comes down to it this doesnt prove that PS3 is more powerful than 360. What it does show that the PS3 version has a year lead in development over the 360 version. It better look better if it didnt it would of been a huge disappointment with all the added development time it had over the 360 version. It looks great on PS3, everyone should pick it up. I love this game on 360.

bumpkin

CurlySaysX said:
incredible!
thats a generational leap on the x360 version.
i guess the extra $200 is more than justified.
A generational leap? Yeah, not so much. Besides, we all know the 360 launch was pretty rushed, so it's safe to say EA didn't have as much time to fancy up the 360 version before it came out.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
deathkiller said:
First screens that aren't PR-bullshots?
It apears to have some AA (no PR-bullshot level of course), looks great.
Those are some kind of video captures though. You can tell by the colors that are all washed out and screwed up.

Top Bottom