• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New World of Final Fantasy gameplay + details

Ydelnae

We have a new Playstation Access video featuring World of Final Fantasy, the turn-based JRPG available for PS4 and VITA this October 25 in NA, 27 in Japan and 28 in EU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUGSNxfnsFE

• Press R1 while in battle to fast forward.
  • Load times have been significantly improved, no need for long waits after the battle transition animation anymore.
  • Each monster have their own evolution lines and skill tree.
  • Tap the touchpad/touchcreen to repeat the same attack and enter auto battle mode. Tap it again and you will leave auto battle mode.
  • Summon iconic characters from the Final Fantasy series like Tidus from Final Fantasy X using medals.
  • Bosses can have their own stacked monsters.

world-of-final-fantasurufl.jpg

world-of-final-fantasteuli.jpg

world-of-final-fantas4tu7c.jpg

Guymelef

• Load times have been significantly improved, no need for long waits after the battle transition animation anymore.

• The only things that worried me.
    Battle loadings are really fast. (On PS4 at least)

Ydelnae

If only they also gave the option to increase and decrease enemy encounters from the main menu, just like Bravely Default. Being able to fast forward enemy battles and keep advancing/grinding without losing too much time it's a blessing for people that don't have enough time to sit 3 hours to level one character.

BadWolf

• Tap the touchpad/touchcreen to repeat the same attack and enter auto battle mode. Tap it again and you will leave auto battle mode.

Excellent.

Still hard to believe we are getting this and FFXV back to back.

Excellent.

Still hard to believe we are getting this and FFXV back to back.

In the span of a month and a half, we're getting 2 big FF titles, DQ7 3DS, and a DQ spin-off that looks great (Builders).

It's a hell of a time to be a JRPG fan. Hell, we just got two pretty entertaining ones just a few weeks ago (TMS#FE and SO5).

Dark_castle

They missed the chance for Tidus's cameo attack to be him kicking a blitzbomb and his head fell off, hitting an enemy for massive damage.

AGoodODST

I just skimmed through the video so didn't see and maybe it's been mentioned before, but why are the characters sometimes normal and sometimes chibi?

Exentryk

10 skills per mirage look very nice. The load times are improved a lot too. Game looks absolutely amazing in terms of gameplay potential. The visuals look great too! It could very well end up being my GOTY this year (ignoring the Blood and Wine expansion.)

I just skimmed through the video so didn't see and maybe it's been mentioned before, but why are the characters sometimes normal and sometimes chibi?

2 different worlds

Chibi characters are from 1 World

Normal are from another.

The 2 main characters can switch between chibi and normal for different effects and abilities.

Ydelnae

The protagonists come from a non-chibi world, so they can retain that physical form. The world the game takes place in is full chibi.

Lucreto

Looking forward to this game and the monster skill trees and evolution are an interesting aspect.

I didn't know I wanted a Monster Hunter/ Pokemon Final Fantasy game but I really do.

Battle speeds increase will be handy, gone are the days are grinding for days.

All I need is a collectors edition and I will be preordering it.

Now give me a Final Fantasy version of Dragon Quest Heroes and I will really be happy.

Thoraxes

Hamauzu's music sounds so goooood.
I'm almost more excited to buy the OST than the game, haha! I'm a huge fan of his though.

In the span of a month and a half, we're getting 2 big FF titles, DQ7 3DS, and a DQ spin-off that looks great (Builders).

It's a hell of a time to be a JRPG fan. Hell, we just got two pretty entertaining ones just a few weeks ago (TMS#FE and SO5).

To go outside of the SE wheelhouse, SMTIVA got confirmed for September 20th too.

ReaperXL7

I had no idea the monsters could be evolved, I wonder how that will work when it's not like FF monsters generally have different variations. I mean it's not a situation where you have a Tonberry and then a Tonmelon somewhere else.

Seems like it's more Pokemonesque then I thought, very excited for this.

Bless you SE for R1 fast forward and touch pad auto attack.

tbh I've come to expect such qol additions from SE. I've grown so accustomed to fast-forwarding battles and easy-to-navigate menus (with a single button) in bravely that going back to any other game makes it feel kinda archaic

NullKaze

Anybody else think the monster skill tree looks incredibly similar to KH3D's Dream Eater skill tree...?

I had no idea the monsters could be evolved, I wonder how that will work when it's not like FF monsters generally have different variations. I mean it's not a situation where you have a Tonberry and then a Tonmelon somewhere else.

Seems like it's more Pokemonesque then I thought, very excited for this.
Isn't there like a king tonberry?

Ydelnae

Chicobo > chocobo > ???

Is it gonna be fat chocobo? I think I prefer something like different color chocobo or something.

It can be Black Chocobo, Fat Chocobo, Warrior Chocobo, XIII-2 Snow, Chocobolina... they could have different split evolutions for them.

aravuus

Auto-battle and fast forward? Holy shit, minor things but they've genuinely brought the game back to my to-buy list from the almost guaranteed skip list. The battles looked painfully slow in the videos I've seen, but even a 2x ff should fix them.

BumRush

• Each monster have their own evolution lines and skill tree.
    [*]Summon iconic characters from the Final Fantasy series like Tidus from Final Fantasy X using medals.
  • Bosses can have their own stacked monsters.

I REALLY hope this doesn't mean you can "buy medal packs from the PS Store"

Aeana

Fast forwarding as an option in battles is great, but honestly they should be designed so it isn't necessary. Same for auto battle. If you can get through battles with auto battle then they're too braindead. Oh well, I'm sure this game is gonna be fun anyway.

taoofjord

Really digging everything I'm seeing of this except for the two typical Nomura looking main characters. Looking forward to it and wouldn't be surprised if I enjoy it as much as or more than FFXV.

Ricker

lol...I dont care if this is an overdose of chibi cuteness,it looks awesome and fun,getting this...that Tidus Blitz summon lol ;)

Zomba13

Game looks great. Just so cute and happy and all that stuff with the levelling and abilities and stacking and capturing. Hnnnnnng Final Fantasy Pokémon.

I've been critical of this game, mainly because of how stupid the story looks, but the gameplay and polish shown in that video more than make up for it. I am officially hyped for this game!

Top Bottom