• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TIMING: The Animation of Shadow of the Colossus - Extra Frames

Speevy

Banned
It's unbelievable to me that an 11 year old game running on the some of the most difficult to program for hardware in history is still such a technical marvel.

Luigiv

It's unbelievable to me that an 11 year old game running on the some of the most difficult to program for hardware in history is still such a technical marvel.

Well keep in mind the original PS2 version only ran at 20fps (with frequent dips into the mid teens) during the actual colossus fights. Those long frame times certainly helped.

Great video. Despite being animation focused, I'm glad it spends so much time on the camera which is one of my favorite 3D cameras ever. I wish he touched on one of the flying colossi where the wide view camera framing really has to work hard to keep up, yet still provides great compositions.

GIFe0c91.gif

And I always thought Wander's run cycle was strange and oddly snappy in the knees. Heh. Really doesn't take away from what they accomplished anyway.

Top Bottom