• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Blast Ball is out now for FREE

JoeM86

Well this came out of nowhere.

It's live on the European eShop as we speak and completely free...

Cn5bObkVMAAUr0i.jpg

1565 Blocks

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Probably a reasonable way to try and promote Federation Force. I can't imagine that one is cruising for huge sales at the moment.

Effect

Nice. I agree a reasonable way to promote Federation Force. However also it's a game they have to get into the hands of people if they have any chance of fighting against the negative narrative that's built up around the game.

The demo is up on the NA eShop as well.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The game needs to have done a 180º since last year's E3 for it to be worth the free download.

Interesting that they would do this.
I'm a Metroid fan with zero interest in buying Federation Force but hey, I'll download a game for free!
I doubt that it will change my mind about buying the full game but it's probably the best thing they could do to promote it, certainly a lot more effective than the trailers have been.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
OP thread title needs to be changed. This is a demo.

Sterok

A brand new Metroid has finally come out and is in our hands. I expect to see monumental amounts of excitement from the fanbase.

Yukinari

Now if Federation Force was also free that would convince me to try it out. I have zero interest in Blast Ball, especially when its amiibo support is lazy as fuck.

Jazzem

Did terribly in my practice match ahah, definitely a learning curve to it.

I'm disappointed it's the first 30fps Metroid Prime, after every previous entry (even Hunters on DS!) being 60. High frame rate would benefit this kind of game.

Menitta

Did terribly in my practice match ahah, definitely a learning curve to it.

I'm disappointed it's the first 30fps Prime game, after every previous entry (even Hunters on DS!) being 60. High frame rate would benefit this kind of game.

Huh. I never realized Prime 1 was 60. For a game like that it needs to be 60.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This isn't actually terrible. Rocket League is obviously better.

Plinko

I'm confused--is Europe getting the whole thing for free while US isn't? That's what the marketing appears to show.

Know what? I'm looking forward to federation force. Will try demo as soon as it finishes downloading, but I'm gonna go into this whole thing with an open mind.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
this is a good move.
this moe is fun (I've tried it, just to be clear) and it would be a pity for it to be completely overshadowed by the Metroid Prime backfire.

Top Bottom