• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Blast Ball is out now for FREE

JoeM86

So far, here's what I've got amiibo wise

Bowser, Bowser Jr, Mario, Luigi, Samus unlock unique costumes

All Pokémon, Link, Sonic, Inklings, Wolf Link, Toad, Yoshi, Wario etc. unlock a special Skull emblem

Magnalon

Neo Member
So far, here's what I've got amiibo wise

Bowser, Bowser Jr, Mario, Luigi, Samus unlock unique costumes

All Pokémon, Link, Sonic, Inklings, Wolf Link, Toad, Yoshi, Wario etc. unlock a special Skull emblem

All the Splatoon amiibo seem to unlock the Skull as well, and a Squid Kid icon on the body of the mech (edit: seems to be on all the Skull-based amiibo, thanks JoeM86).

ejuGGMa.jpg

Penguin

Think I'll wait for a sale.

Wait for a sale on a free trial?

Yeah according to PR, servers for this will go down in Sept

Even better, as of right now Nintendo 3DS owners who visit Nintendo eShop can download Blast Ball, the game's friendly competitive multiplayer mode! Fans can battle it out complete with online support, and even compete with players who own the full game once it launches. In early September, the multiplayer servers will switch over to support the full game only.

Tsunamo

Well I mayaswell give it a whirl if it's free until September. Pretty cool idea of Nintendo to do, rather than just keep it confined to the fullgame.

Ridley327

Most Amiibo won't unlock anything but the skull, but there are unique ones tied to the two Samus figures, Rosalina and anything Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Well that's a cool surprise. Excited to download this later.

Edit: Oh shit I always forget you can queue it up online. It should be downloading on the 3DS in my pocket now.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Downloading ATM.. Let's see this baby.

Never been a huge Metroid guy, but I was honestly kinda interested in Blast Ball. Will have to check in out, especially since it's free.

DrWong

Ok with pokego released in France, the last Splatoon Festival and this, it'll be a busy week-end with my children :]

Ridley327

So I've got my first game in and it's pretty decent. It's not going to win awards for originality in the post-Rocket League era, but it controls well and there's a lot to keep track of during a round without feeling too overwhelming. Power-up control seems really key to victory, since there are some that can temporarily disable the entire opposing team without having to aim specifically at them. You can also earn customization options for playing, so there is some long-term value.

So much fun, its basically Rocket League in mechs and free.

I played this a while back when it was revealed and now I'm pretty excited for Federation Force again.

Jazzem

Am I right in saying that shots closer to the ball propel it further? Can't tell if that's my mind playing tricks or not :p

Ridley327

Am I right in saying that shots closer to the ball propel it further? Can't tell if that's my mind playing tricks or not :p

I'm pretty sure you're right, since there's more concussive force. I think that might play into a deeper risk/reward system, since touching the ball will do damage and put you right in the way of incoming fire from other players. At least there's no friendly fire to worry about.

Tsunamo

I've only been messing around in practice and while the controls are a bit awkward on a original 3DS I can't say that i'm not enjoying it.

With that said though i'll probably get bored of it fairly quickly.

I will wait the reviews before downloading it. I am not wasting my precious time playing this thing.

Here's a review:
Its Rocket League lite and a great little way to burn a couple of minutes.
It controls like Metroid Prime and is full of features for a free game.

RK128

Played a bit of the demo and.....it controls like Prime. It feels like Prime and even the Hud looks close to Prime.

The core game here is fun, as the Blast Ball Matches can get heated and its really fun getting that successful charged shot that nets the goal.

Visually it doesn't look that bad at all; it has bright colors and the matches the arena set-up that this portion of Federation Force wants to nail down.

Looking forward to playing online and seeing how high-level play makes the matches more fun :).

Top Bottom