• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Columbus cops shot at by high caliber fire arms

Status
Not open for further replies.

malfcn

From here.

Police say they were investigating a report of a firearm discharged into an apartment in the area of 1175 Windsor Avenue. Officers found two apartments along with multiple vehicles struck by gunfire.
While officers were waiting for detectives, police say someone opened fire on the officers using a ‘high caliber firearm.’
“There’s very different distinct sound when you hear gunfire, and when you know you’re being shot at,” said Columbus police spokesperson Sgt. Rich Weiner. “Gunfire, you hear the pops, the loud booms bangs, whatever it is. When you know you’ve been shot at it’s like a soft whistle. It’s the bullet cutting through the air. Very distinct sound. The officers felt their lives were in jeopardy.”

Columbus SWAT teams and a helicopter were then called to help extract the officers.

After the shooting stopped and the officers were safe, Weiner said a bullet and multiple shell casings were recovered by detectives.

cn4pfvgxeaqblge.jpg
cn4rjddviae8-pk.jpg

Yikes.

So the Columbus PD gets helicopters and SWAT teams, and Columbus itself...how's it doing? The last time I was there -- my mother's family lives there -- it was in a mass state of disrepair. My mother was in tears at how bad it had gotten.

It's not much of an excuse to fire on police, but we just seem to be creating hellscapes that cause the unrest that will escalate these conflicts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom