• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA love and berry DS boxart

king zell

i think i read some were that the game has a million copy preorderd ? is that true ?

3112.net_cee324dae491b228b55749ed95b4b45c.jpg

3112.net_06a75918d93941f14ad81f172063a78c.jpg

3112.net_9f850edf27f69283fadb29b92c95ef7b.jpg
3112.net_1e2490aeea841d9db6808a2c6ce9e49d.jpg
3112.net_a909f28042ad367af6f1502919387f6c.jpg

3112.net_b82128f135fb4a87c0f93e3e080f4b34.jpg
3112.net_707f3ec74e31804dece4282d5b7308cf.jpg

The game does supposedly have a million retail orders. The president of Enterbrain said that he expects the game to sell 1.5 million copies.

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
This franchise brings in a lot of revenue for Sega Sammy. They operate a chain of Love and Berry clothing stores for preteen girls in Japan.

Tain

have i ever told you that i love your avatar sp0rsk?

i don't know what's going on in it, but I love it.

i felt you should know this.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
It's not even really an arcade game. You can only find it in places like saty and itoyokado (basically japans versions of wal mart) and little girls just line up in droves to lpay it, have multiple folders full of cards and all sorts of crazy stuff.

Tnx tain, its Takeda Shingen as seen in Sengoku Basara 2 playing the maracas.

cvxfreak

The Enterbrain head honcho is expecting Love and Berry to sell 1.5 Million copies -- essentially the DS's biggest third party game yet, above Tamagotchi and FFIII.

Next million seller for DS, believe me

I'm curious to see if it could become the top seller Sega game... Virtua Fighter 2 for Saturn was 1,7mln

Pachael

I thought Mushiking 2 had a card reader with it? I'm not too optimistic sales-wise due to Mushiking 2 kind of bombing out (100k)... I did think love and berry would corner the young girl market in Japan who have DSes.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
sp0rsk said:
Tnx tain, its Takeda Shingen as seen in Sengoku Basara 2 playing the maracas.

There's not enough double horse straddling going on in that av.

Mar

There's only one thing in this world that scares me more than this game.

And that's this avatar:

hellpasta.gif

tmaynard

....I'm beyond horrified....

I need sleep, but now I'm afraid I'll have a meeting with those things...

...wait...what are they again?

swerve said:

sure, as cvxfreak said :)

but i think Common Sense will become million seller in the long run, as it happened for English Training.
Love & Berry will sell like hot cakes, i think first week we can see a better result than FF3

and after L&B i think good chance to be million seller are for Fushigi no Dungeon, Sega has finally understood how to make money with DS : Love & Berry, Fushigi no Dungeon and Sangokushi Taizen...

linsivvi

Moor-Angol said:
and after L&B i think good chance to be million seller are for Fushigi no Dungeon, Sega has finally understood how to make money with DS : Love & Berry, Fushigi no Dungeon and Sangokushi Taizen...

I really hope Sangokushi Taizen will make it big. That will open the flood gate for everyone to port their arcade colllectible card games to the DS, the only system currently that can make a reasonable attempt (though not perfect) at replicating the gameplay.

ethelred

Moor-Angol said:

Shiren is not going to sell anywhere close to a million. The series isn't anywhere remotely near being that popular.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Jax said:
OMG WTF.

disgusting.

has SEGA been reduced to this?!
SEGA has been reduced to making games that will sell well? OH NOES!!!!!!

SaitoH

RevenantKioku said:
SEGA has been reduced to making games that will sell well? OH NOES!!!!!!

lol, so making games that have zero appeal to gamers that liked previous Sega games is a good thing?

Does everyone here own stock in game companies, or something?

Top Bottom