• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July 2016 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes August 9th

Welfare

Gah, keep forgetting NPD is providing US specific data. Bad habit.

Just quoting you again, but the YTD for the PS4 will get worse in August because it sold 209k in 2015 and August is generally either a flat or down month from July, so unless there is a price cut this month, the PS4 is selling around the same our worse than this month.

THANKS AQUAMARINE

A3hiOVs.png

Jesus Christ, ugly month for hardware

Welfare

Oh yeah, even though there are 4 months of missing data, the 360 has most likely passed the 43m mark either this month or last.

Javin98

Banned
So are we trusting in a chart posted by a banned user made in a banned forum... LOL
I really wish people like you would shut the hell up when you have no clue what happened to Aqua and the reason for her ban. But congratulations, you made yourself look dumb.

And when I said GAF is like Youtube and GameFAQs, I'm including brainless posts like these as well.

Bgamer90

Banned
Wut??? I know that a win is a win, but that's disastrous

What huh? Deals during entire month and only 10k difference. That's not good objectively.

I think he is referring to the fact that you predicted PS4 winning by over 100K to now stating that it's "disastrous" for the Xbox One to win a month by a small number -- even with (as you've said) people waiting/holding out for the S model.

Conduit

Banned
I think he is referring to the fact that you predicted PS4 winning by over 100K to now stating that it's "disastrous" for the Xbox One to win a month by a small number -- even with (as you've said) people waiting/holding out for the S model.

So what if i predicted by that much. It's a prediction after all.

Truth is i expected more from Sony and MS ( MS much lower than i thought they would be .)
On a side note now that i think about it PS4 has official only drop $50 in 30 plus months .
I know they had sales and bundles around certain times .
Still compare to older gens they really keep price up there .

Hey, just though about this!

Best July for 3DS before this month was July 2013, when it sold 150,000 unit. This July is >176k.

So the 3DS' best July, by far, is its sixth? Not because of a revision or a price cut or a big tentpole release, but because of the release of a smartphone game?
I'll assume that's a first.

OléGunner;212434636 said:
[3DS] 75k
[PS4] 180k
[WIU] 31k
[XB1] 155k

I should've given more credence to the XB1 firesales. I mentioned in the other thread it reminded me of holiday 2014, 5-6 games and a console for $250 is damn good value.
The 10k gap though, should've been more for me (in hindsight of course).

Oh and see ya Noobie lol

Ryng_tolu

Banned
OléGunner;213357531 said:
I should've given more credence to the XB1 firesales. I mentioned in the other thread it reminded me of holiday 2014, 5-6 games and a console for $250 is damn good value.
The 10k gap though, should've been more for me (in hindsight of course).

You predicted 75k for 3DS and all you can say is "I should've given more credence to the XB1 firesales" ? :-|

Asd202

So Xbone won just as I thought and not by much. This will carry over to August and maybe even September depending on what exactly Sony announces at the Meeting on 7th.

You predicted 75k for 3DS and all you can say is "I should've given more credence to the XB1 firesales" ? :-|

Lol yeah you're right.

I was tired when I made my predictions, I don't know why on earth I gave it 75k.
In any case, if I was thinking straight I'd still only have put it up to 110k at best 😅

Ryng_tolu

Banned
OléGunner;213357984 said:
Lol yeah you're right.

I was tired when I made my predictions, I don't know why on earth I gave it 75k.
In any case, if I was thinking straight I'd still only have put it up to 110k at best 😅

Nah that's ok, 3DS probabily beat all predictions of this thread, including mine lol

Conduit

Banned
To put it nicely, you're contradicting your own predictions. To put it harshly, you're a hypocrite when PS4 loses.

But it's a prediction, guessing....whatever.

So, this is also applied to those who predicted Xbone win, but not for a 10k. You didn't guessed exact Xbone sales numbers, it's forbidden to comment anything Xbone related.

Javin98

Banned
But it's a prediction, guessing....whatever.

So, this is also applied to those who predicted Xbone win, but not for a 10k. You didn't guessed exact Xbone sales numbers, it's forbidden to comment anything Xbone related.
.....If you can't see the problem, all right. Everyone else seems to get it just fine. I don't have the time or patience to explain it.

Conduit

Banned
.....If you can't see the problem, all right. Everyone else seems to get it just fine. I don't have the time or patience to explain it.

I see it. If you predicted PS4 win and Xbone won in the end, you're not allowed to comment anything Xbone related. Even if it's a win by 10k.

sense

To be fair a case can be made where someone can predict ps4 will win a certain month in advance going by conventional wisdom but also find it crazy that the fire sales had such a minimum effect looking back in hindsight. Not saying that's necessarily the case here

Javin98

Banned
To be fair a case can be made where someone can predict ps4 will win a certain month in advance going by conventional wisdom but also find it crazy that the fire sales had such a minimum effect looking back in hindsight. Not saying that's necessarily the case here
True, but this guy just doesn't seem to get the problem and that's what is driving everyone nuts here.

I see it. If you predicted PS4 win and Xbone won in the end, you're not allowed to comment anything Xbone related. Even if it's a win by 10k.

Hilarious.

Back OT. Seriously thinking about helping the Wii numbers out by buying one next month but wanted to wait for the price drop. No price drop for the past few months in the UK though. Thought my kids would like one.

ps3ud0

Now I'm wondering when Sony time the PS4 price cut and whether that leads to any conclusion to how they feel PS4 has done this year. Before/after PS4 Neo launch send slightly different messages to me...

OT: I really like Aquas format, a load of pertinent data all squashed in there! The ASPs are shocking - do we have much historically?

ps3ud0 8)

People claiming results for July as any kind of win for anything are failing to look at YoY change as well as pricing trends.

Yes X>Y, but when X=Not great and Y=Very slightly more not great, what difference does it really make which is X and which is Y?

Normal cycle dynamics mean we'll have more and more months showing YoY declines, but that strong launch momentum from this gen's consoles is fading a bit.

But with the sharp decline in the number of titles being released, it's not too surprising.

Content, not price, is king, and neither box really has the breadth and depth of big titles that previous gens had.

hard to tell if that's bad for MH or just really good for ORAS....

It's good for old catalog games to all of a sudden show up in the top 3 on a platform for a month.

Top Bottom