• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 "Summons" Gameplay Video

Strimei

Didn't see the word gameplay so I had hoped it was more up close shots of them yanking their masks off the first time sorta thing. Still, neat.

While I still think the evoker from P3 is the coolest (if silly) way of summoning a Persona, this is pretty close.

(Crushing/destroying a tarot card for p4, kinda meh)

raven777

BreakableMarriedDugong.gif

Guess Who

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if they don't reveal Goro's thief outfit or show him in the party before launch. He starts as an antagonist, so they probably want to keep the details of him being a party member secret.

What the hell kind of attack is that? Doesn't look like dark or almighty.

Psionic, from Devil Summoner. In particular, that attack is Psyo (medium Psionic attack). Atlus is going for the deep cuts in P5, it seems.

I had to laugh at Morgana running into the screen. Ow.

All the personas look fantastic, but I have to give the MVP to Makoto and Johanna. Motorbike, all day, everyday.

Strimei

I've been on blackout for this game (and have been slowly losing my grip) but uh

Makoto's stand is a motorcycle?

Yes, its a motorcyle.

Its name is Johanna, better known as Pope Joan. Yes, Pope. And she, as I recall, has nuclear skills.

Its a nuclear powered pope-cycle.

someone explain how that bike is related to theivery again

Same way a persona named after a fictional eldritch book and is a UFO is (the Necronomicon, specifically).

In truth, the motorcyle doesn't make sense to me at least but it may relate to Makoto wanting to "break free" and motorcyles are often seen as a symbol of freedom

Guess Who

Banned
Cool. Do you know what new skills (at least from P3 and P4) that we've seen so far?

Off the top of my head, we've seen Psionic skills (Haru has them), Nuclear skills (Makoto has them), and non-Mudo Dark skills (the MC's starter Persona has them), none of which were in P3/P4 but have been seen in various other Megaten/Persona games.

As visually appealing as it is, it looks about as difficult to navigate as a HAL Laboratory game.

The top menu is all mapped to face/D-pad buttons which are clearly labeled, and the skill list is just a vertical list. Nothing like a HAL game.

I love the Persona series, but damn this color palette mixture and everything is just too much. I don't like it really. I'm disappointed this is what they came up with. Just keep is simple man.

I love the Persona series, but damn this color palette mixture and everything is just too much. I don't like it really. I'm disappointed this is what they came up with. Just keep is simple man.
Really? I'm the opposite. I feel that this stylized look is perfect for a jrpg where I'm gonna be in a dungeon for half the game. It moves in and out fast and feels sleek and smooth. The color contrast also really makes it pop out for me. I can understand why you might not like it though.

Moonlight

Banned
That felt sort of disorienting for me. It feels intuitive at one level with how commands are mapped directly to buttons on the controller and how you queue immediately into summoning your Persona when you're preparing to cast spells, but it just feels like a lot goes on at once on the screen whenever you're doing anything. Made it harder to follow than it should be. I really feel the style of it, but I can't say I'm entirely happy with how things seem to go down in practice.

LowParry

That looks...that's a lot of busy shit on screen. I mean yeah it's cool for the first few times or so but for a long game that Persona is? I dunno.

Bl@de

That looks...that's a lot of busy shit on screen. I mean yeah it's cool for the first few times or so but for a long game that Persona is? I dunno.

I agree. All these transitions and the design make it look very busy. Style is cool for a video, but not what I want for 100h.

Guess Who

Banned

I agree. All these transitions and the design make it look very busy. Style is cool for a video, but not what I want for 100h.

I honestly think people will find it the opposite - it only looks overwhelming at first, but it's both quicker and easier to actually use than, say, P4's UI, and by 10-20 hours you won't even notice how flashy it is anymore.

There's actually not all that much stuff on screen, and in some ways the UI is actually less intrusive than P4G's, it's just more animated.

Alucrid

Banned
I honestly think people will find it the opposite - it only looks overwhelming at first, but it's both quicker and easier to actually use than, say, P4's UI, and by 10-20 hours you won't even notice how flashy it is anymore.

There's actually not all that much stuff on screen, and in some ways the UI is actually less intrusive than P4G's, it's just more animated.

it definitely seems to move at a faster pace than p3/p4 which is nice

This UI is gonna give me a seizure. Or it's more of the flashing really. Probably get used to it, but I'm actually having a hard time watching this vid. Hurts my eyes.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
My eyeballs got melted. In a good way!

Is this game 60fps on PS4? We haven't seen any 60fps footage before this new footage

Strimei

While Makoto's my favorite party member, Yusuke is easily a close second.

I plan on leveling everyone equally (I always do it in Persona, just in case I end up needing to switch someone in for something specific) but I'm pretty sure him, Makoto and whoever the dedicated healer is (probably Anne, I think?) will be my main party.

Top Bottom