• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 "Summons" Gameplay Video

Brix

ColossalReflectingDove.gif

Sucks I gotta wait till February:(

depths20XX

UI looks fine and will become second nature after playing the game just like any RPG.

Only complaint is that I have to wait so long to play this.

Phu

Banned
I just discovered this new track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNBGYoejDOU

Now that's smooth.

Damn, that's nice.

I haven't seen this posted at all.
http://personacentral.com/new-persona-5-details-vox-populi-cooperation/
Some details there I haven't seen before, namely you getting a skill in a co-operation that allows you to switch characters mid battle.

Awesome. Hopefully the game encourages character swaps so everyone can be useful all the time.

_Ryo_

Mara's an eldritch tentacled phallus on a chariot, which feels like it'd be male to me. Though when it comes to demons and eldritch beings, who knows what gender(s) apply.

Yes, I'm aware of Mara's aesthetic but from everything I've read about SMT it's been said that Mara is considered female.

suzu

The complaints about it taking up space are weird since it's menu-based combat. lol. The UI's graphics/style might not be to some people's liking, but I disagree that it's busy.

The visuals kinda reminds me of manga/comics, which is nice. It's something different.

I like that the persona is summoned while you're choosing skills. :eek:

So the elements for the party are:
P5MC = Dark
Ryuji = Zio
Morgana = Garu
Anne = Agi
Yusuke = Bufu
Makoto = I'M NUCLEAR I'M WILD
Haru = Psychic
I guess Goro will be light or they could make him like Naoto in P4G and just make him good at everything.
Agreed.

Yeah, it's rather stupid, but what can you do.

Sure, we know he'll be a party member, but we don't know what his outfit looks like, what his Persona is, his arcana, etc. like we do for everyone else. And I don't mind them trying to keep at least something a surprise for when you play the game!
Just seems rather unnecessary and makes them look stupid for spoiling a party member that they wanted to keep a secret.

You know what that look means.
Makoto going nuclear.

Niks

The UI is awesome. You guys who think it's too busy should consider that this video shows someone playing as fast as possible (I think that's the point, to show how fast it can be now). You can slow down and not have all the effects run together. That will be more common anyway. Regardless, it doesn't bother me.

I think people are talking about all the text in the screens.

Lynx_7

I don't get the UI complaints to be honest. I just watched the video and it seems perfectly fine. Commands are easy to see and understand, menus actually take up less space on the screen than Persona 4 and 3, transitions are smooth and fast. There really isn't anything "busy" about it, unless by busy you actually mean "it doesn't look like every other JRPG battle UI I'm used to".
Opinions and all, I know, I'm just genuinely confused by some people's reaction.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Yes. I don't know why they have to put so many things popping up. Just seems they are trying too hard to make it look cool.

They pop up like that because of the speed of the player. Your not going to be playing the game at that speed normally

ramyeon

I honestly don't like how all the Personas have the same washed out/neon blue colouring this time around.

Everything else looks fantastic.

Inuhanyou

Is it just me who thinks Makoto is gonna be GOAT? I just can't get over it. Her sense of duty must be extremely powerful

I never played Persona before, but probably I'll start with this one.

Just one question, do you often summon this beast? Somehow this summon animation is too quick for me, like those FF long cinematic summons :/ But if you summon them often, than its OK because you don't want to have same cinematics every battle or two

Just one question, do you often summon this beast? Somehow this summon animation is too quick for me, like those FF long cinematic summons :/ But if you summon them often, than its OK because you don't want to have same cinematics every battle or two
You summon a Persona every time you pick a skill. After doing that hundreds of times, I think one would appreciate the summon being a swift motion.

Inuhanyou

You summoned those in previous games for every attack. But who knows how it is in this game. We'll see.

Also, if your starting with this game your in for a treat.

No. She IS already GOAT

YES

Lusankya

You cannot cast a spell without summoning the "beast" (they're called Personas btw.), so it's a good thing it's a quick animation as you will see it nearly every single battle.

Guess Who

Banned

Yes, you summon your Persona extremely frequently for the vast majority of attacks. In P3 and P4 it played a summoning animation every single time when you attacked, and it definitely slowed the pace of battles. Changing it to a near-instant animation while still in the menu is a hugely welcome change.

The one thing I hate is the brief screen filling flash that appears just before the starting eye cut in appears. It's sudden and probably seizure inducing.

Inuhanyou

The one thing I hate is the brief screen filling flash that appears just before the starting eye cut in appears. It's sudden and probably seizure inducing.

Every 90s anime was seizure inducing with those flashes....i think that's not as bad as the Pokemon porygon episode

You summon a Persona every time you pick a skill. After doing that hundreds of times, I think one would appreciate the summon being a swift motion.

You summoned those in previous games for every attack. But who knows how it is in this game. We'll see.

Also, if your starting with this game your in for a treat.

You cannot cast a spell without summoning the "beast" (they're called Personas btw.), so it's a good thing it's a quick animation as you will see it nearly every single battle.

Yes, you summon your Persona extremely frequently for the vast majority of attacks. In P3 and P4 it played a summoning animation every single time when you attacked, and it definitely slowed the pace of battles. Changing it to a near-instant animation while still in the menu is a hugely welcome change.

Tnx guys, that sounds reasonable then. EU Gaf here, so hope it will be released here next year :/ I like visual part so much and I hear here a lot praise for older stuff, so definitely day 1 for me :)

Top Bottom