• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every issue of Nintendo Power has been uploaded to archive.org

Kamek

Man maybe I can see my letter! I still have my issues from 98-Wii era. Stopped subscribing around 2006/7.

NYR94

Wow, I still remember how cool I thought the illustrations were that Jeffrey Scott Campbell made for that make your own video game contest featured in issue 6. Always thought that kid had talent so I just googled his name and turns out he went on to become a comic book artist.

thefro

I see a lot of EGM and GamePro magazines too.

The days of the 300 page monster EGM magazines were amazing.

jett

D-Member
This is awesome.

Back when I subbed to NP during 1992 and 1993 they didn't send two issues. I guess I'll check them out now. :p

-shadow-

Misses a lot of magazines, but now I finally have the chance to see what add grossed Rolfe out. And... It's actually not that bad!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yeah, this is amazing. I'm flipping through the first issue I ever got of the magazine (issue 52), and it's weird how well I remember what was in it. Good times.

Javier

So I decided to read the issue #1 of NP for the first time in my life, and I discovered that if you lose your sword in the second quest of Zelda 1 by touching a Red Bubble, you can get it back by drinking the Life Potion.

Like holy shit.

Richie

CN is still going? Holy shit...

Yes and is still one of the most popular magazines in latin america (and is still pretty bad).

I recall it turning bland during the later years of the Gamecube era. By the Wii's time it ended up too dumbed down for my tastes and I stopped caring. However, the N64 years were great. Many a winner joke and, given the intended demographic, an enjoyably rich vocabulary. Them were the times.

Lothar

Banned
Awesome, the best part were the Nester comics and the Top 30s.

NP was incredibly useful in the 80s and not just for tips and passwords. I always knew what games to get as a kid in the 80s by what made the Nintendo Power cover. We didn't have reviews to go by. I learned quickly that those were the games to get. I played Ninja Gaiden, Final Fantasy, Mega Man 2, Startropics, Duck Tales, and Maniac Mansion because they were covers.

Also if anyone cares about NP in the slightest, or you want to see what it was all about, you should check out the AVGN video on it.

http://youtu.be/eegQI9WM6mk

SkyOdin

Darn, I couldn't find the first issue I ever owned; they must not have it up yet. On the other hand, I was able to find Issue 70, where the Epic Center debuted! Man I wish the timeline it promised of Secret of Mana 2 coming out that October actually happened. Still, the Epic Center, short-lived as it was, will always be my favorite recurring feature of the magazine. If nothing else, it introduced me to Chrono Trigger.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Wow, amazing.

The most impressive thing with Nintendo Power was their way of doing maps for all game features. They would painstakingly photograph and patch together every single screen in a game, that must have done your head in.

Krammy

GE8cijm.jpg

The 90's sure were a crazy time. Someone should use both the Mega Man and Rush faces as avatars.

NoKisum

C&D from Nintendo in 5... 4... 3...

But yeah, unless they're still uploading as we speak, the latest I see up here is June 2001.

TreIII

Niiiiiice.

I still remember how one issue of the comics from 92-93 had it so that the Mario comic insert repeated and flipped halfway through, so I never saw how they actually handled the Giant Boo until the collection was released some time later.
KuGsj.gif

morpix

Found a new avatar, thanks OP.
I didn't grow up with these (or well, I didn't see them on general stands in South Africa), so I'll have a browse around and see what the fuss is about.

NeOak

Yes and is still one of the most popular magazines in latin america (and is still pretty bad).

I recall it turning bland during the later years of the Gamecube era. By the Wii's time it ended up too dumbed down for my tastes and I stopped caring. However, the N64 years were great. Many a winner joke and, given the intended demographic, an enjoyably rich vocabulary. Them were the times.

I stopped reading it in like 2000, so I guess I saw the better years.

Top Bottom