• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam version of God Eater 2 will run at 60FPS (Also new trailer)

Shin-chan

Wow I bought the PS4 version a year ago in Japan and never played it. Learning that it's 30fps I'm not sure I'll bother putting it in at all now. Absolutely awful decision for an up port.

desmax

Ah, yes, I know. I have it preordered :p
I meant whether Resurrection has 60FPS as well. You'd think so, but I'm wary.

True. The thumbnail for the video shows both Ressurection and Rage Burst, so I'd believe it's for both.

Would be pretty weird if one was and the other wasn't

Good to hear. I skipped on the ps4 version because it was going to run at 30. Will have to put this on the wishlist and pick it up during a sale.

The framerate settles it - getting GE2 on Vita. Played Resurrection on PS4 and found the camera too PSP-like to enjoy it as a console game.

Nzyme32

Nice. Good that Bamco are showing it off for a change to give some confidence in their PC / Steam versions. Would be nice to see more companies do that for all platforms so they can have confidence in what they get, even if it is just a small gameplay snippet like this trailer

Eusis

Damn, that settles the deal for me.

My problem is, this is coming just one week after Deus Ex.
. . . For some reason I thought that was due for 2017.

My fucking god, no wonder it was being pushed like it was at the likes of GameStop.

Head.spawn

It looks like an OG Xbox game, I'm surprised they're putting a 60fps cap on it.

Glad they didn't cap it at 30fps though; looks like a good time.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
This is great news. Happy to hear that the pc version wont get held back by the Ps4/vita version

kagamin

I find it funny how the PS4 version got downgraded because they wanted stable crossplay with the Vita version.

Lucentto

Banned
Consoles and handhelds stay losing I guess. PC it is, playing this game in 60fps will be a different experience.

TitusTroy

what is this game?...I watched that trailer and it looks pretty good...reminds me a bit of Dark Souls type of gameplay (Bandai Namco being the publisher is also part of it)...is it similar in terms of combat to Souls?

what is this game?...I watched that trailer and it looks pretty good...reminds me a bit of Dark Souls type of gameplay (Bandai Namco being the publisher is also part of it)...is it similar in terms of combat to Souls?
It looked more like Monster Hunter to me. Didn't see any Dark Souls similarities at all, personally.

kagamin

If I had to say it was similar to anything (and I loathe saying this) I'd say its similar to a Monster Hunter style game. If you want a better description there are more detail oriented people you can ask. If I had to say something I'd say its a hunting game that plays fast and has some cool animation canceling stuff and that the bullet customization is awesome.

Corpekata

Banned
Kind of a very boring way to show it off, but hey, I'll take it. Not sure I'll buy at launch but probably within a month or two.

Presuming the first is probably locked to 30.

Corpekata

Banned
Pre order god's eater 2 on steam and u get both ge 1 and 2 :)

You don't need to preorder, they are bundled by default on Steam. The preorder thing was for the Sony platforms because 1 released earlier there.

The preorder stuff for the Steam version are the random otaku IP costumes.

Koeta

You don't need to preorder, they are bundled by default on Steam. The preorder thing was for the Sony platforms because 1 released earlier there.

Are we sure about this?
I was wondering if I could skip day 1 and pick it up later (on a sale lol) and still get both or would they split them up after.

Looks nice although enviroment shows that game was designed for handhelds.

I'll stick to Vita version at launch and get pc version later .

Corpekata

Banned
Are we sure about this?
I was wondering if I could skip day 1 and pick it up later (on a sale lol) and still get both or would they split them up after.

Yes:

http://www.god-eater.com/en/free-exclusive-dlc-pre-order-bonuses/

"Just as a reminder, GOD EATER Resurrection is and will always be included with GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst: it’s not a pre-order bonus in Europe, Middle East, Australasia and Africa but part of the release! Learn more about this here, and watch our latest trailer if you haven’t already: we revealed the release date of the games!
"

Edit: Whoops this is non-NA offer but I remember seeing the same for all the PC versions, will try to locate the source.

Edit 2: Can't find the link exactly but IIRC it was said on some twitch streams. Either way the steam page separates the offers into a prepurchase form the costumes and a "special edition" for GE 1 and 2. But since there's no special edition to buy, and the way most phrasing implies it's just a bundle like FFX/X2. Like compare it here: http://www.god-eater.com/us/prepare-to-defy-all-gods/ between the Steam and Sony versions.

kagamin

I'll give you SAO there, but I won't let you tarnish Assasination Classroom so blatantly. :p

Bl@de

Now that I bought a 144hz monitor it's kind of disappointing that so many console ports still lock framerate. Sure 60 is better than 30. But even that shouldn't be a thing. Games should support all framerates.

kagamin

Now that I bought a 144hz monitor it's kind of disappointing that so many console ports still lock framerate. Sure 60 is better than 30. But even that shouldn't be a thing. Games should support all framerates.

I'm sticking with my 900p60fps monitor, I like not spennding money on hardware what can I say.

Top Bottom