• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam version of God Eater 2 will run at 60FPS (Also new trailer)

Vuze

Now that I bought a 144hz monitor it's kind of disappointing that so many console ports still lock framerate. Sure 60 is better than 30. But even that shouldn't be a thing. Games should support all framerates.
Maybe it will support high framerate. It's just a hard feature to advertise since 1) most users don't have high refresh monitors and 2) there is no on-demand video platform that supports beyond 60fps afaik.

We'll see, I'm happy that the games are coming to PC and are playable at a comfortable framerate :)

Koeta

Yes:

http://www.god-eater.com/en/free-exclusive-dlc-pre-order-bonuses/

"Just as a reminder, GOD EATER Resurrection is and will always be included with GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst: it’s not a pre-order bonus in Europe, Middle East, Australasia and Africa but part of the release! Learn more about this here, and watch our latest trailer if you haven’t already: we revealed the release date of the games!
"

Edit: Whoops this is non-NA offer but I remember seeing the same for all the PC versions, will try to locate the source.

Edit 2: Can't find the link exactly but IIRC it was said on some twitch streams. Either way the steam page separates the offers into a prepurchase form the costumes and a "special edition" for GE 1 and 2. But since there's no special edition to buy, and the way most phrasing implies it's just a bundle like FFX/X2. Like compare it here: http://www.god-eater.com/us/prepare-to-defy-all-gods/ between the Steam and Sony versions.

Thanks for looking up the info, I'm going to go ahead and risk it and wait to pick it up, I want it but my buddy wont be able to get it on launch and it seems like a multiplayer kind of game, plus I'm still working on MHG lol, but I do want to get it down the road for sure, the Anime got my hyped for it :)

Mephala

Hmm, shame my friends who may be interested are on ps4.

For those interested, the game gets very busy and a little frantic later from my experience with GEB on psp.

You can craft bullets with sets of instructions. A popular one is to have it fly upwards, target a monster's head, launch towards and explode on impact. This is good for targeting heads to break horns that might otherwise be difficult to hit.

With 4 players firing bullets, a large monster or two raging around and fast paced melee combat on top it is at times more frantic than Monster Hunter.

Combat pace is in my opinion faster than Monster Hunter from a movement and style perspective but the game starts slow with easy monsters until quite late in the game (reminder that I'm talking about GE 1 from. Psp).

If you want to compare it to Dark Souls I would say you are wrong. The speed is very different, almost closer to Bloodborne in the way you need to dance around monsters with your dash evade. However the similarly is that you need pattern recognition and to learn from your mistakes to conquer tough enemies. This is a staple of the hunting game genre really and not unique to Souls but if you played Souls with heavy reliance on summoning and co-op then this game is probably great for you too as it doesn't have the same limitations as Souls games and with the remaster on modern platforms it has online infrastructure for easy multiplayer.

If you dislike playing with others you get AI allies that are competent at distracting and sometimes healing or dealing with fodder.

Top Bottom