• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny – The Collection Trailer

A Pre-Order bonus for a collection....

Thanks Activision

e6d7d903658136293ef72aa6cc367132.png

Apoc87

Banned
So is it safe to say theyre done making expansions for this game or do you think there will be a definitive "complete edition" somewhere down the line?

Femto.

So is it safe to say theyre done making expansions for this game or do you think there will be a definitive "complete edition" somewhere down the line?
Isn't Destiny 2 set for next year? I'd assume Rise of Iron will be the last expansion for the first game.

Boke1879

Everything all on the disc. Great way for new players to jump in. I want to get back into Destiny but just have way too much to play.

No doubt this is it before Destiny 2.

I havent played Destiny since like 2 weeks after launch. How does the leveling experience work for a new player going into Rise of Iron? Do we actually get to experience those 2 dlc packs for the base game and the previous expansion or are they rendered obsolete?

Theorry

I think they are done after Rise of Iron. There is still some small stuff. Like Sparrow racing. But those are more events. And next year is Destiny 2 time.

SaganIsGOAT

I havent played Destiny since like 2 weeks after launch. How does the leveling experience work for a new player going into Rise of Iron? Do we actually get to experience those 2 dlc packs for the base game and the previous expansion or are they rendered obsolete?

They completely restructured the original campaign and included the DLCs in that restructuring. So The Dark Below and the House of Wolves DLC are now tied directly into the campaign. Big improvement imo.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

i bought ttk last year and found that the previous two dlcs were largely useless. i did play through them to see them but other than the challenge of elders which is something they repackaged from the 2nd dlc, it was mostly TTK. they dont give you a reason to try previous dlc.

Jacknapes

Makes perfect sense for new players, same offer for those getting just Rise of Iron.

Plus, it's a nice way to get new players into Destiny. Right off the bat, here's all the content.

RoKKeR

Well this is certainly a better deal than Day One Destiny, wow. Great stuff for people just starting.

Thinking I'll wait a year after Destiny 2 launches and jump in at a similar point in its lifecycle.

So they are selling the same game year after year in retail with a little more content each time? I mean, good for new players, but I've never seen this done before.

spyder_ur

If you're at all interested in the game, this is one of the best deals in gaming. Tons of content.

It won't be all on disc though, right? I imagine voucher codes+patches to get the game to it's current state.

I still think they should sell this a week or two before ROI comes out and just lock out ROI until release. Would be great incentive for new people to get up to speed. The booster is nice, but you'll still be lost in terms of gear once you get to that level. It's better for an alt.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I started the game after the April patch with The Taken King edition and thought it was really good.

The base game content is pretty questionable, but they let you zoom past that if you want as well, though it doesn't take that long to get through.

Trace

Banned
So they are selling the same game year after year in retail with a little more content each time? I mean, good for new players, but I've never seen this done before.

It's the same idea as the "GotY edition" except they haven't finished making content for it. WoW does a similar thing and rolls older expansions into the base game over time.

Destiny 2 will be out next year though, making this probably the last time they'll do this for Destiny.

britt0n

Neo Member
I just bought the legendary edition with the taken king on Saturday. Im really liking it, hope this puts some more peeps on the servers that are low level like me because all I'm seeing roaming around are lvl 40. I'm currently level 7 and having a great time doing the missions.

BokehKing

Banned
Blizzard does this with World of Warcraft every expansion.
Actually in the beginning you had to pay for each expansion before buying the new one to catch up

I like how they sneak in parts of the space battle fmv to make you think you can play those.
Maybe makes you, not people that played the alpha and beta

matthieuC

I've been meaning to jump into this game because I love the premise and art style but at this point I think I'm just gonna wait for destiny 2.

Something tells me this will release just like Taken King last year -- not on the disc. Taken King at retail last year was just vanilla Destiny disc with a voucher to download everything up to that point. Still had a very sizeable download to complete once you opened it up, and then the game still has its on-disc install. Entire process on ~25Mbps connection took about 7 hours to get to a playable state, so any new players probably just be braced for that to be your reality for the first day or so -- I imagine this bundle is a good value once you can get in and play, but don't expect to be able to for a little while.

Trace

Banned
I've been meaning to jump into this game because I love the premise and art style but at this point I think I'm just gonna wait for destiny 2.

Jump in now, there won't be a better time to. Especially if content transfers from Destiny 1 to Destiny 2.

Deku Tree

Activision gonna Activision. Lazy as always.

The game is currently gonna be too big to fit on one disk anyway.

Something tells me this will release just like Taken King last year -- not on the disc. Taken King at retail last year was just vanilla Destiny disc with a voucher to download everything up to that point. Still had a very sizeable download to complete once you opened it up, and then the game still has its on-disc install. Entire process on ~25Mbps connection took about 7 hours to get to a playable state, so any new players probably just be braced for that to be your reality for the first day or so -- I imagine this bundle is a good value once you can get in and play, but don't expect to be able to for a little while.

Yes of course it is gonna be like that... it also prevents you from re-selling the whole thing. You can only trade in the vanilla disk. Everyone has to buy all the expansions for themselves.

Top Bottom