• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No multiplayer beta for Titanfall 2 on PC

Hip Hop

http://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/tech-test-note/

We’re still making a lot of tweaks and changes to the renderer, the game, and effects so we haven’t run the game through the hardware compatibility lab yet to detect and handle a large variety of hardware - video cards, CPUs etc. Quite frankly, we aren't ready to deal with that yet, we are still making the game better. We also haven't done enough work to fully support our 'Min Spec' on PC yet. So, currently the PC game isn’t as easy to throw out for testing as the console is, because of the additional variables and configurations that we need to support. Also, because the single player story has some wonderful secrets that we really want to preserve for launch, we also have to worry about leaks. Our wonderfully curious PC players have proven in the past that they will dig out anything they can, and there's a risk that they could spoil some of our single player.

2 REASONS:
- A lot of hardware variety
- People could possibly dig out single player info from beta files

They have been teasing some sort of multiplayer test with Titanfall 2 for a bit now, but that won't be coming to PC. I'm fine with that, but they shouldn't have told us at the last minute.

Kyne

Wat8.jpg

The pc version of the first one ran great, so I'm not really worried about that so much. It sucks, but if they don't think it'll give people a good impression of the final version, I can see why they'd hold it back.

It still sucks tho

Because people have never extracted data from console betas...
Remember the days when EA used to care primarily about PC?
I trust that the developer doesn't feel confident putting the beta out there rather than EA forcing them to hold it back. Negative press surrounding the minimum spec is valid cause for concern. But they should just do a beta at a later date when it is ready.

Well, that bodes well for PC support in the future. I was thinking about this or BF1 depending on how I liked each beta and this made that choice a bit easier.

But how else do they expect to get it to run well at launch on all those different hardware setups without testing it in a beta environment?

The Titanfall beta ran perfectly on PC, but the full game didn't cooperate at all. Ended up having to deal with the game having screen tearing because if I capped the framerate to even 144fps, it would have this crazy frame pacing issue I haven't seen in any other game.

Guess this also means they don't care enough about us for a server browser or anything like that. High likelihood of the game being dead on PC like the first one if true. Good thing it has a campaign.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Sorry guys...

It does suck for PC players though. I played the Titanfall 1 PC Beta loads and wouldn't have been interested in the game if I hadn't tried the beta.

Hip Hop

I don't think this is true. There will be plenty of audience for TF2 on PC.

I would hope so, but it doesn't bode well on how the first one was received, and there is a lot of multiplayer gaming competition this holiday.

I'm really going to have to grab a PS4 for this and COD.

Vuze

Love this statement, it just totally proofs the stupid demo = beta shift that's been happening over a few years. Kudos to every dev/publisher that doesn't pull off this bs just to make it sound more "exclusive".

A beta version's purpose is exactly to see how the game behaves on different configs etc.
And I love the data mining statement as well, nobody will care about the shitty singleplayer mode anyway.

Doesn't bode well for the PC version either, stay away until launch impressions.

Deadbeat

Banned
It's going to be lobby multiplayer on pc once again and it will die a quick death like the first game. Also with bf1 having a server browser with rentable custom servers they know they already lost the pc audience.

Pretty disappointing. Makes me think less of the PC version of this game (could be great but who knows). Definitely gonna be a wait and see how it turns out.

FyreWulff

you would think so

and haven't people dug through the data of PS4 and XB1 games before just like on PC?

Depends.

And datamining has gotten rediculous, so yeah, I can see why some devs are starting to get paranoid. I've often considered if I wanted to make a game with huge surprises, I'd probably have to do it's entire first run solely via streaming services so that players can't even sniff the game data.

Jawmuncher

A Beta would obviously be why you want the Hardware Variety. But we all know it's just the second reason as to why they aren't doing a PC beta.

Madchad

Alot of variety on PC as an excuse to not bring beta to PC just screams console beta deal. They will do a PC beta maybe a week before release just to remind people that it is coming to it. Most likley run like shit aswell, it is EA afterall.

Top Bottom