• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces TGS 2016 lineup

Capcom has opened its official website for this year’s Tokyo Game Show.

The publisher’s lineup includes:

Monster Hunter Spirits (Arcade) – Playable
Monster Hunter Stories (3DS) – Playable, Stage Event, Live Stream – Visit the theater booth to see the opening movie and a special video you won’t see elsewhere.
Resident Evil 7: biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) – Playable (PS4, PSVR), Stage Event, Live Stream – The latest demo will make its first debut in Japan.
Toraware no Palm (iOS, Android) – Playable, Stage Event

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2016-lineup#ZU2RVWEJWiAmqdLL.99

TreIII

Pretty much as expected.

Any surprises (if there are any) won't be revealed until close to show, or at the show itself.

How was MH Stories? Has anyone seen gameplay?

I hope Capcom is announcing stuff cus meh...

Its sad that RE7 isn't showing me anything.

Neoxon

That lineup is probably incomplete as well. They tend to add more titles as the dates draw closer, no?
Most likely. For example, if that Neo leak from a while back still reflects what's gonna happen now, we should probably expect a reintroduction for Deep Down alongside the PS4 Neo reveal. Likewise, we could get some surprise reveals at the event itself.

The best way to go about it is to expect the absolute minimum (this list) to avoid disappointment.

Rudiano

Banned
maxresdefault.jpg

Neoxon

TGS2016 will finally be the show where they announce DMC5, right? RIGHT?

DmC was announced at TGS 2010 after all.
To this day, I still find it weird how they revealed a Western-focused take on Devil May Cry at a Japanese event.

By the way, didn't Japan end up hating DmC worse than the rest of the world did? I heard as much, but I don't want to assume.

I-hate-u

To this day, I still find it weird how they revealed a Western-focused take on Devil May Cry at a Japanese event.

By the way, didn't Japan end up hating DmC worse than the rest of the world did? I heard as much, but I don't want to assume.

Wouldn't be surprised. Going from the GOAT uncle Dante to Donte must have been a shock to them.

salromano

Deep Down will probably be introduced with Neo, like others have said before me. It was in Osiris' leak thread as a showcase title.

If there's a DMC5 to announce, it's not going to happen on Capcom's TGS website. You'll likely hear about it first at Sony's TGS press conference.

Some Nobody

I dunno, I still trust Verendus and think DMC5 is coming. And maybe some form of Monster Hunter for PS4.

Both of which would be great but I'm kinda bummed 'cause I really want a Dragon's Dogma 2. Take what DD already had, add PS4-level graphics and non-desaturated colors and I'd probably call that an automatic GOTY. >_<

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I wonder for RE7 if for the 'latest demo will make its debut in Japan,' if that means there will be a new demo released for PS Plus subscribers like the RE7 demo at E3. Happy there will be a livestream for it.

silva1991

No Dragon's Dogma 2

no DMC5

no console/PC MH game

no RE7 .... oh wait

no Deep Down

Capcom please at least try to make me excited.

Neoxon

No Dragon's Dogma 2

no DMC5

no console/PC MH game

no RE7 .... oh wait

Capcom please at least try to make me excited :(
  1. As stated earlier, don't expect surprise reveals in a press release.
  2. If you mean the mainline Monster Hunter games, Capcom currently has a sweet deal going with Nintendo (they pretty much help with advertising the MH games in the West). Not to mention that most of the MH audience have since migrated to Nintendo systems.

TreIII

While DMC (as a brand) performs better outside of Japan anyway, it can't be denied that the same "casual fangirl" following that Kobayashi, Itsuno and co. took the time to cultivate throughout the DMC3 and 4 eras were very turned off by the absence of the silver-haired boys they grew to love, as well as the much more "crass, grotesque" imagery that DmC embraced.

Without their support (and buying of associated merchandise), DmC had no real chance of retaining the Japanese DMC fanbase. But before long, the JP audience was the least of Capcom's concerns when it came to DmC.

JayEH

I'm surprised there is no Dead Rising 4. I guess MS is handling all PR and marketing. Hope we get some SFV news as well such as future update news.

Neoxon

I'm surprised there is no Dead Rising 4. I guess MS is handling all PR and marketing. Hope we get some SFV news as well such as future update news.
Since we know that Urien is coming next month, they could drop a trailer for him around the time of TGS.

I think we're about to get our big Resident Evil 7 blowout here, if not in New York at the PlayStation Meeting.

There was the newsletter for RE7 that went out just after E3 which teased the significance of the finger in the demo and in it, there was a calendar in it that mentioned September. I realise that sounds very reaching, but... consider the marketing push for it so far.

I'd link a picture to it, but I don't get the newsletter. Hang on, I'll see if I can dig it out from elsewhere.

I-hate-u

Some info or teases about Season 2 characters would be nice for SFV, but they'll probably save it for Capcom Cup in December.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
How was MH Stories? Has anyone seen gameplay?

There was a long dev gameplay demo for it earlier this summer. It looks...well eh. Colorful and cute I guess, but a bit sluggish with lots of cutscenes with turn-based combat that looked really basic(VERY Pokemon influenced from UI to pacing and adding Monsters to fight alongside your avatar). Oh and minigames...lots of minigames(also combat QTE's) were shown that seem to crop up often for whatever reason during the progression.

Probably will be a fine little jaunt for young players, but as a MH fan I watched and felt it was a total pass.

Regiruler

Deep Down will probably be introduced with Neo, like others have said before me. It was in Osiris' leak thread as a showcase title.

If there's a DMC5 to announce, it's not going to happen on Capcom's TGS website. You'll likely hear about it first at Sony's TGS press conference.
You mean Nintendo's NX reveal

Top Bottom