• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FireFox users: Anyone got a problem with NeoGAF ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems me and some more users have a problem browsing Neogaf with Firefox.
The browser just get locked up because of that script: "http://cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js:21"

Anymore people in the same case ?

No issues for me either. I use FF beta channel on Mac, + FF release channel on Windows (7 and lately 10), and never had problems. Have you tried deleting your cache or force refresh??

pLow7

I have problems when i want to post somethin while i'm not logged in. When i hit "Post Reply" and log in ( it even says "Thank you for login in plow7") it kicks me out again.
Don't know if this is a FireFox issue. Haven't tried with other browsers.

shira

It seems me and some more users have a problem browsing Neogaf with Firefox.
The browser just get locked up because of that script: "http://cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js:21"

Anymore people in the same case ?

^this

Chrome runs fine.

Sanctuary

Funny that you should post this. Just today I've had Firefox become unresponsive ten times here, and have to stop the script.
Thanks for the link BTW. Just disabled the script.
/Fingerscrossed

Vespa

Had that come up on Chrome mobile, switched to desktop mode and it was fine. Some sort of fake virus threat :/

Viglink monetizes links that you click to Amazon etc iit may make the site more money than ads do.
It searches al links on a page and attaches event handlers to them. Fwiw I switched viglinks to skinlinks then did custom Amazon referral codes on Amazon links and made more money per month that way. They take a lot of money and the idea they get bigger commissions in bulk doesn't really pan out unless you are a tiny site.

test_account

XP-39C²
Yeah, i got that problem too. I thought it was the PC or Youtube acting up, but now i just have NeoGAF open and it still locks up for a few seconds.

Mithos

Viglink monetizes links that you click to Amazon etc iit may make the site more money than ads do.

Exactly, (you were faster then me to answer), so this makes NeoGAF money if you have it activated, and click a link to amazon (example) and then buy stuff from amazon.

But unless they can't fix the script errors I'm keeping it deactivated.

studyguy

At work on IE (lel) and it happens every time I load a new page.
Locks up for like 10-5 seconds waiting for an ad to load or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom