• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FireFox users: Anyone got a problem with NeoGAF ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinxtanx

embedded twitter images tend to not load

but only on dev edition for some reason

I don't care too hard, I use dev edition for e10s and tiled rendering, when those two appears in regular edition I'll go back

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Here is a link to a post from a few years ago posted by Evilore about this.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47790794&postcount=36

Also a link to the post he links to in his post (Privacy Policy):
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390709

Note: the issue people are reporting in this thread is separate, it seems that something is going wrong with Viglink/Firefox specifically. He's replying to people just curious about what viglink is / how to opt out more generally.

Mithos

Note: the issue people are reporting in this thread is separate, it seems that something is going wrong with Viglink/Firefox specifically. He's replying to people just curious about what viglink is / how to opt out more generally.

Yes I know I started getting the same issue myself here today. I just wanted people to know what we are actually turning off.

I mean it is a way to collect money for Evilore and Neogaf.

Edit (addition):
And about the bold, its been this way for over a month over at Nexus, viglink script errors that block/freezes the pages.

Edit2:
I see that my first line could have ended with "what viglink is", as his post explains that, not about todays problems, my mistake.

Joezie

Haven't ha a problem browsing GAF on Firefox for a while. At worst, on occasion I have had to open a different browser to see images that won't load(even after scriptblocker filters turned off).

Otherwise though, my NoScript+RequestPolicyContinued combo seems to be doing a fairly good job at preventing Firefox from locking up on most pages.

mintylurb

Thought something went bonkers with my win 10 update. Couldn't properly browse gaf at work so I had to actually do some work today. Thanks obama

Pokemaniac

Weird, haven't noticed any issues using Firefox 48 on both Ubuntu and Android.

I do have some limited adblock filters going (not targeted at ads, only tracking and malware), but those don't seem to be blocking any viglink things.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I had this earlier today but it's fine now. At first I thought it was more Windows 10 anniversary + Firefox fuckery but I now I know better. Thanks thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom