• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Game will sell more units Gears of War or Zelda?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which Game will sell more units Gears of War or Zelda? After listening to 1up yours it made wonder.

So I think Zelda wii + gamecube will get about 5 million

and Gears about 3 to 4 million or so

what do you guys think?

Striek

2006: Zelda combined > GoW > Zelda GC > Zelda Wii

LTD: Zelda combined > Zelda Wii >>>>> GoW > Zelda GC

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
BradVanDam said:
Which Game will sell more units Gears of War or Zelda? After listening to 1up yours it made wonder.

So I think Zelda wii + gamecube will get about 5 million

and Gears about 3 to 4 million or so

what do you guys think?
i think you should stop making threads.

Duderz

Banned
I really, really doubt GoW stands much of a chance against Zelda.

I'm much more interested in how FFXII will do against it.

Treo360

Branduil said:
Sneak King.

burgerking_150.jpg

believe

jeremy1456

Here's my prediction:

Zelda will sell about 3 million total.

Gears of War will be the Xbox 360's equivalent of Brute Force, and push a good 300k.

Striek

AniHawk said:
BVD wasnt very clear on the territory or timeframe.
Well yeah, thats why I said 'assume'. The X360 is a total bomb in JP/EU, so its hardly a fair comparison.

jeremy1456 said:
Gears of War will be the Xbox 360's equivalent of Brute Force, and push a good 300k.
:lol

Maridia

jeremy1456 said:
Here's my prediction:

Zelda will sell about 3 million total.

Hahahaha, awesome. It's guaranteed to be a better game, at least. And the commercial is pretty classy.

unomas

Banned
I say Zelda because of install base, but I'm sure Gears is going to sell huge and many Christmas 360's will probably be purchased with Gears as the primary game. I'm seeing tons of adverts for it on TV, and it sounds like the pre-orders are pretty massive as well. Gears is almost like a Halo 3 substitute for people that need that fix (myself included).

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Since you didn't mention North America only, Zelda will curbstomp Gears of War.

Yoboman

Duderz said:
I really, really doubt GoW stands much of a chance against Zelda.

I'm much more interested in how FFXII will do against it.
FFXII is already at 2.3 million in Japan, I doubt Gears will even meet that. FFFXII will probably match FFX sales (8 million), it'll be interesting to see if two platforms and being a launch game will be able to make TP sell that... WW only sold ~4 million

Both Zeldas + Japan + Wii launch title + "Teen" rating + GOTY = massive sales.

Gears of War + holidays + "M" rating - Japan = great sales, but nothing to write home about.

OniShiro

Banned
Zelda no doubt and by a wide margin, Gears of War looks great, but it doesn't have the appeal or fanbase a Zelda game has.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
ZELDA

The real question is which will sell more Zelda or FF12, gears is not even an option.:lol

jeremy1456

Yoboman said:
FFXII is already at 2.3 million in Japan, I doubt Gears will even meet that. FFFXII will probably match FFX sales (8 million), it'll be interesting to see if two platforms and being a launch game will be able to make TP sell that... WW only sold ~4 million

Wind Waker was a hard pill to swallow for your typical post Ocarina of Time Zelda fan.

Maridia

Yoboman said:
I'm thinking GRAW-like sales, not Halo-like

As much as I like Scott Mitchell's Mexico City vacation, I think Gears has far more mass appeal. That said, it won't sell as well as Zelda in the long run. This Holiday season, it really comes down to marketing.

Zelda will still be selling well in 2010, the staying power of Nintendo games is amazing, especially since this is the launch game for the Wii. Zelda easily will have 5 million + when its all said and done, I doubt Gears gets close.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
_leech_ said:
Because it looks like a great game that a majority of people will like? Just a wild guess.

Zelda is family friendly with a HUGE fanbase that is including nintendo fans whereas Gears isnt family friendly on a 400 dollar console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom