• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima On Metal Gear Survive: “I don’t think zombies would appear in such a world"

From Siliconera

The question comes from a fan stating that they’ve seen rumors online about Metal Gear Survive being something that was made from Kojima’s ideas. Here are some of his quotes on the subject on Twitter over at Kojima Productions’ official account:

“That is incorrect. I’m not involved at all, and I don’t know anything about it. Personally speaking, Metal Gear Solid is espionage to me, political fiction.”

“I don’t think zombies would appear in such a world.” (Kojima). “I never heard anything about that from [Kojima]. Personally, I consider Metal [Gears] to be bipedal weapons. I wonder if they’ll appear.” (Yoji Shinkawa). “A Metal Gear without a Metal [Gear]? That’s the Famicom version lol.”

Leave me "Stranded" if old.

Ydelnae

Naked woman with superpowers, body parts with their own will and literal ghosts, however, are a fit in Metal Gear's universe.

Matt

Say what you want about Survive, but zombies really aren't far from already established MG fiction.

Soriku

Ghosts, however...

maxresdefault.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
MGS already has ghosts, vampires and psychics. Zombies really aren't a stretch.

Dali

Vampires sure... but zombies? Now you're just being ridiculous.

From people supporting that konami bs game, and now looking at Kojima as the heel in the situation.

I done seen it all now
He's said something stupid and is getting made fun of.

VariantX

Eh, to be honest yeah zombies are a thing that could happen in a MGS. We had ghosts,lizard men, psychics, cyborgs,a giant shaman who walk around with a huge jet cannon that can talk to crows, a man that controls bees, at least two snipers that have attained the ability to have photosynthesis, and a man who shoots lighting out of his body. Zombies work fine, it's a shame that it's just yet another game with zombie/survival elements in it.

Dunkley

Seems like even Kojima forgot that MGSV had exactly that (which I don't blame him for).

That is, unless in a follow up interview he argues how infected and zombies aren't the same thing.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It doesn't have zombies, it just has the meta physical embodiment of Psycho Mantis' will animating corpses by stimulating the nanomachines in their bodies.

Duuhhh.

SJRB

Gold Member
Given how Koijima seems so against zombies in the MGS universe even though the puppets in MGSV are basically the same concept, what if Konami made him include the puppets in MGSV so they could latch onto that concept with MGSurvive?

What if Kojima never wanted to go down that route, but Konami made him?

KyleCross

Huh, wonder what these repeating side missions I keep doing in MGSV where I have to take out mindless decaying people who just stumble and moan all over the place are then?
Given how Koijima seems so against zombies in the MGS universe even though the puppets in MGSV are basically the same concept, what if Konami made him include the puppets in MGSV so they could latch onto that concept with MGSurvive?

Satire?

Huh, wonder what these repeating side missions I keep doing in MGSV where I have to take out mindless decaying people who just stumble and moan all over the place are then?

Satire?

Shombies™, they are unique creatures Kojima created, please do not steal.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Or maybe Kojima just can't see how stupid his franchise became in recent years.

Matt

I really doubt that. It makes far more sense to conclude that Kojima is now against zombies in MGS because he is no longer the one including them.

Alienous

I thought Kojima would have a gag order regarding discussing future Metal Gear games.

That seeming to not be the case I really hope he continues to discuss Konami's efforts. That could make the whole thing worthwhile.

NBtoaster

Well it's not really the MGS world. That's kind of the basic premise of the plot so it shows how little interest he has in it.

The game looks insanely trash, but dude, of course zombies fit the game, they already ARE in MGS V (Skulls, ancient Mother Base members, there even is a mission where tou have to kill dozens of them).

Whompa02

The skulls and parasite infected at least had their limbs intact. Survive is straight up zombies...

Survive looks like a total joke with absolutely no restraint.

Top Bottom