• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima On Metal Gear Survive: “I don’t think zombies would appear in such a world"

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Well I'm sure that they're going to create a context for the zombies in the game. It's almost definitely going to be explained. You're essentially saying that there is no context, despite the fact that the game isn't out until next year and you probably don't have a full idea about what the context of the game is anyway.

That's why I said "as far as we know."

By context, I mean the MGS universe as it stands.

My whole point is that creating a context for there to be zombies in the MGS universe isn't unreasonable or far fetched.

...and there have been 'zombies' that fit the current MGS context: Gray Fox, The Skulls, the puppets and the PTSD troops from MGS4. They fit the MGS universe. Being dragged into another universe to face inter-dimensional space crystal zombies doesn't (at first glance), so I don't think it's unfair for people to be taken aback by their inclusion. Post Silver Age Superman suddenly being able to cast spells doesn't work within the current context of the character, nor does it have precedence, so I wouldn't be surprised if folks went "hang on a moment" with that either.

It's a pretty trite point to make, saying the world has all kinds of crazy shit going on it, therefore ALL crazy shit is suddenly acceptable or will automatically fit the world. It ignores the fact that the crazy/whacky stuff Kojima brought to the show generally ties in with larger thematic elements. It's hard to believe, I know, but there is a certain, far out, often ham-fisted logic to it.

Yes, that includes the Bee Shitter.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
CstYJ2oWgAAWrZP.jpg:large

tumblr_mvywzsoHdE1sflgwko1_500.gif

I dont think that's Canon
Its like the raiden suit, its makes your life easier but big boss never had it. Also it never shows up in mgs's that take place in the future,in the stories. Because it would have solved several plots fairly quickly. Like mgs4 and mgr's plots would have been done fast if raiden could fucking teleport

But the bigger point is, the size of the worm hole that swallowed the orginal mother base should have been seen from...miles away. There is no goddamned way that big boss miller paz or venom didnt or the skull soilders in the other helicopters and actively attacking the base picking off stragglers didnt see the fucking giant space time rip.

And no one brought it up
Don't Skulls take their weapons out from little wormholes?

Ridley327

Don't Skulls take their weapons out from little wormholes?
Maybe? There is so little logic to them that it's perfectly fine to conclude that it's because it looks cool.

Which is also the reason why most of the crazy shit in the series in the first place, no matter how much Kojima tried to crowbar in some kind of explanation.

I can't help but feel like even though he's being a bit hypocritical, these zombies from Survive doesn't fit the series at all, not because it's too far fetched but just because... it's bland and not really done in an interesting way? There's no charm to it at all. I'm also sure Kojima dislikes that they transformed his espionage plot heavy game into just another multiplayer zombie game

Top Bottom