• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 is now up for preload on PC

Theorry

rRJeq4n.jpg

Make sure to update w10 first.

grrndqU.png

dr_rus

Even with .222 update released yesterday they still start the download silently after a purchase on the default drive which is system SSD usually instead of asking where to install these 73GBs. FFS MS.

Rellik

Even with .222 update released yesterday they still start the download silently after a purchase on the default drive which is system SSD usually instead of asking where to install these 73GBs. FFS MS.

Even if there isn't enough room available? Because I have like 20GB left on my system SSD so it wouldn't get far.

Theorry

Cant you just change the default drive for new apps?

dr_rus

Even if there isn't enough room available? Because I have like 20GB left on my system SSD so it wouldn't get far.

I don't know, I have ~200GBs free on SSD so can't tell what will happen if there's no space. But right now I had to do this: open the WinStore, buy the game, stop it's automatic download to SSD, close the store, open the store, find the game in the library, manually start the download - and only then I got the prompt on where to install it. 2016, yeah.

Cant you just change the default drive for new apps?

You can but I don't want to install all my WinStore apps to my gaming HDD by default.

Theorry

I don't know, I have ~200GBs free on SSD so can't tell what will happen if there's no space. But right now I had to do this: open the WinStore, buy the game, stop it's automatic download to SSD, close the store, open the store, find the game in the library, manually start the download - and only then I got the prompt on where to install it. 2016, yeah.

You can but I don't want to install all my WinStore apps to my gaming HDD by default.

Ah oke.

Kaname

Looks like I'll have to keep my PC running during the night for a couple of days to finish this :O Downloading super slow for some reason.

I'll have to uninstall Forza Horizon 3 on my PC to make room for this, but I don't mind seeing as to how Horizon 3 is currently unplayable on my laptop. Will feel a bit confused as to what to do if Horizon 3 receives a good patch for performance, though...

Guess I'll start it up when I go to sleep in a couple of hours.

Miker

I'm getting this error:

Anybody else have this and fix it somehow? Windows is fully updated.

EDIT: Never mind! It works now. I didn't do anything different, either. So weird.

koji

I changed my folder a couple days ago to my "Games SSD", first thing it did was create like 5 random folders on the root of that drive, feels good mang... :-/

Would have been too crazy to allow you to point to a subfolder on a drive, the tech just isn't there yet.

Bl@de

So.... how does one limit network bandwidth usage for Windows Store downloads?

Simple. You install third party software (NetLimiter) and limit the process causing the traffic because the store itself has no limit option. With every restart you have to look for the right process again. Couldn't be simpler.

post contains traces of sarcasm

dmix90

Simple. You install third party software (NetLimiter) and limit the process causing the traffic because the store itself has no limit option. With every restart you have to look for the right process again. Couldn't be simpler.

post contains traces of sarcasm
Cheers! Looks like that worked... not from first try but was able to limit svchost.exe via latest version of NetLimiter app.

Genio88

We were already told that it would have bin a big file, i thought they said 90GB...it'll surly fill my second SSD for good, though i don't care, i just hope it'll download faster, it's going quite slowly right now, even for my connection standards

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I thought my 500gb SSD would be enough for awhile but with this, WoW and a couple of other games it's going to be full. Now they just need to make 1TB+ affordable for average Joe.

messiaen

You can change the settings so the default drive is another drive.

It should ask you where you want to install stuff every time. Only thing I have on a different drive is Forza and Halo, everything else still goes to the default boot partition. The extra folders it makes in root of custom locations is annoying though.

I'm getting this error:

Anybody else have this and fix it somehow? Windows is fully updated.

EDIT: Never mind! It works now. I didn't do anything different, either. So weird.

This is what I get over and over, no matter what. Windows is updated, including the Major Nelson KB.

Top Bottom