• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham VR reviews

This and Until Dawn : Rush of Blood are scoring way higher than expected, it looks like they were priced accordingly from a reviewer standpoint. Eagerly waiting for some Driveclub new impressions !

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Eurogamer seemed to like it too:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-06-batman-arkham-vr-review

Arkham VR could be thrown into the 'tech demo' category that so many games at this stage will be, and that wouldn't be a total disservice - it is more of an experience than anything else. At the same time, however, that's failing to understand or appreciate what this is: a superbly crafted concept that satisfies an itch many people have been craving for years.

If this is the future of PSVR - even with debatable running times - then sign me up. It's excellent.

Gemeanie

Haven't watched anything since the initial reveal trailer but with the $100 for $15 promo on PSN this is now on my radar along with Rez, Thumper and Superhypecube.

wapplew

I want a new version of Time Crisis for PSVR.

I want this, my dream VR game.
1083527180.jpg

KORNdoggy

want it...but don't want to have to buy 2 move controllers :/

same for farpoint...want it...but don't really want to buy that gun peripheral to get the most out of it.

This feels generous based on what I've seen and considering the barrier of entry.
its $20?

If you are talking about the barrier to VR, that shouldn't effect the quality of individual software.

This is good value for $20 on an individual piece of software IMO.

DavidDesu

I preordered last night after seeing and hearing more about it. Definitely seems like one of those games you'll use to show it off to friends and family. Even if it's only a couple of hours, it sounds like a pretty mind blowing couple of hours.

We need a detective game (or several) in VR where you literally have to look and rummage around for clues and piece together the case in a practical way. Arkham VR seems like a great first step towards some really immersive stuff like that's.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Can you play arkham vr with just a controller?

Yes.

From Eurogamer:

Arkham VR works if you're standing or sitting, and it supports DualShock as well as one- or two-handed Move controls. It works best when you're standing and using Move, though: rather than reaching for gadgets and interacting with the environment through face buttons and thumbsticks, you get your hands on Batman's hands, pulling grapnel gun, forensic scanner and Batarangs off your utility belt by yourself, gripping levers, twisting keys and, in a surprisingly memorable opening sequence, suiting up in the Batcave and fitting the cowl yourself.

ffvorax

Looks like one of the more VR experiences for PSVR, with limitations of the actual PSVR & PS4 power.
Was not interested at first, but now I'm damn curious about...

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I won't be getting a PSVR till Christmas, but this is gonna be the first thing I load up, followed by Battlefront and Eve Valkyrie.

Give me Spider-Man VR.

Seriously.

I'd actually be surprised if it didn't ship with an exclusive VR stage, just like Tomb Raider. That would shift some units alright.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
$20 is cheaper than most VR software/tech demo/early access stuff out there no? Pretty good pricing for a decent "be the batman" experience.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
RIGS is $49.99 , Until Dawn is $19.99,Drive Club is $39.99 prices various alot.
Yea I've noticed VR software prices in general differ significantly and seem to be more up to what the devs/publishers think they can get away with. Noticed this first with the Vive software/tech demos on Steam and a bit now with PSVR. Prices will be all over the place for a while.

I was probably going to get the Batmans anyway but that Eurogamer review put me over the edge. I'm really looking forward to it now.

Top Bottom