• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham VR reviews

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
$20 is cheaper than most VR software/tech demo/early access stuff out there no? Pretty good pricing for a decent "be the batman" experience.

Yeah I'm getting this then. $20 is a good price.

I want this, my dream VR game.
1083527180.jpg

My heart couldn't handle the double T-Rex chase in VR

Any impressions from Gaffers on this? This will probably be the first game I buy my VR whenever I get it

I one-shotted the whole thing last night, I loved it! You're in for a great time. Only thing is it's so short you'll be yearning for more once you're done. And also the story doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense in the canon (to me).

But yeah, the sense of presence and immersion is top-tier. I literally forgot I was in my room numerous times.

Chittagong

Gold Member
The game seems absolutely amazing, unfortunately the jitter and lag makes it damn near unplayable for me. I don't get it, as I have no problems with other VR Move games. Also the requires seating/camera point is insanely finicky.

Anyone else having problems?

Schlomo

I just started this up for the first time and I'm in awe! It may not be the most ambitious VR title, but it doesn't need to be. Just being in Gotham City, staring at the beautiful models and solving these small "escape room" sort of puzzles is enough.

Safe for the usual Move controller jitter I don't have any tracking issues to speak of.

Angel_DvA

Batman VR was my first WOW moment in VR, the moment you said to yourself, : "I'm glad you bought this shit mother fucker" like Seriously, I couldn't believe my eyes, it's definitely my VR GOTY title, there is so much I love about it, Rocksteady are so good with the Batman Universe, visuals and sound, simply amazing, 9/10.

Reallink

In the alley way of the Nightwing investigation, does this environment actually look 100% life size to you guys or slightly miniaturized (maybe 75% scale)?

ChristianSpicer

Neo Member
Any impressions from Gaffers on this? This will probably be the first game I buy my VR whenever I get it

I'm bias as a huge batman fan and I've also really loved the Rocksteady take/games, so with that in mind...maybe take my opinion w a grain of salt, but this is the best VR experience I've had. It's incredible.

Also should note, I own an Oculus and have played a lot of games on my friend's Vive. This is still my fav VR experience.

Lastly, without spoilers, I found the plot of this to fit nicely in the Rocksteady Arkham plot line.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
After playing it, a lot of reviews are lower than I thought. VR experiences are going to be vastly different from traditional gaming experiences and I'm looking forward to the day when they'll be reviewed in proper context.

Just finished this now. Really enjoyed it - I've dabbled in some VR before but this is the first "adventure" I've tried and it's very promising for what can follow. Some cool moments. It looks great too - character models are good and the environment has a good sense of place.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Managed to get Move controllers behave well enough to finish the plot after positioning PS Cam above my tv. Absolutely phenomenal experience, and the graphics are insane. You really feel like you're Batman. Some incredible moments.

My centre of mass kept on shifting for some reason though, so I would see my belt floating left from me. No problems with other games.

Worth the price of admission gaffamily ?

Yes, without question if you have two Moves and standing, with caveats if you're sitting with DS4.

Managed to get Move controllers behave well enough to finish the plot after positioning PS Cam above my tv. Absolutely phenomenal experience, and the graphics are insane. You really feel like you're Batman. Some incredible moments.

My centre of mass kept on shifting for some reason though, so I would see my belt floating left from me. No problems with other games.

I started with the DS4, then later on continued the alley section with Moves - couldn't find the button to access the gadgets - then I looked down at my belt :D

Moreche

The first scene with the parents and the man coming into your face and then later the bat mobile coming into view, WOW!!!!

Will0827

Picked up the game yesterday, and everyone was right holy crap is all i have to say, to me atleast the game is worth it based solely off the batcave sequence, i was smiling for the entire time, it was a unforgettable gaming moment. Thanks for the convincing me on picking it up gaffamily.

Best VR game I've ever played. There are so many possibilities to expand on this. I played seated with the move controllers and beat it in one sitting. It was fantastic. Maybe took about 2 hours. Loved every minute.

This game was absolutely incredible! :O

You're the goddamn Batman, and it's WOW!

It's so good, that I wished Rocksteady was able to do a full fledge $60 title of Batman like this.

It's took about over an hour for me to complete, but sold the VR experience so hard all the way through, it's so mesmerizing and immersive, everyone needs it!

Easily the best looking PSVR title, there so many times I just became slack jawed at the visual presence in this game. You know it's video game visuals, and yet in VR there is a certain "solidity" to the look and Rocksteady's detailed character models are so good it's eerie in VR.

Best VR game I've ever played. There are so many possibilities to expand on this. I played seated with the move controllers and beat it in one sitting. It was fantastic. Maybe took about 2 hours. Loved every minute.
Yeah, basically this is the best game on PSVR for me just because of the amazing immersion (once I get the environment jitter under control). It's well worth the asking price and you can still spend time after finishing it really digging into stuff.

Anarion07

Anyone else hoping this is kind of a demo for a big game they're planning? It works amazingly.
And the graphics are awesome, too!

Mung

Had to bump this as I've just finished it and it really is fantastic. All psvr owners should try this. The sense of presence is amazing.

sn00zer

Just here to spout what everyone else is saying..... this was far far far better than it had any right being. Really surprised how well they justified its place in the Arkham verse.

In general how do the Riddler challenges work? Do you just have to stand in the right spot and look in the right direction or is there more to it than that?

Fliesen

In general how do the Riddler challenges work? Do you just have to stand in the right spot and look in the right direction or is there more to it than that?

there are 3 kinds of riddler challenges:

* Riddler cubes that are hidden that you have to grapple towards you - sometimes locked behind a batarang puzzle
* Riddles written on the wall to which the solution is a certain object within the map - like "If you do your NUMBER TWO - i hope Alfred cleans up THIS for you!", and you'll have to scan Bruce's toilet.
* Riddler question marks that aren't quite complete (i think they always lack the '.', which is printed onto a grabbable object somewhere in the vicinity. Line up the object with the rest of the question mark and scan it
(the destructable objects that show up after completing the campaign once are not part of Riddler's challenges btw)

Top Bottom