• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge 170 scores (Zelda, Gears of Ware, FFXII etc.)

Timbuktu

Zelda - 9
Gears of War - 8
Final Fantasy XII - 9
Wii Sports - 7
Red Steel - 5
Tony Hawks Project VIII - 8
Rainbow Six Vegas -6
Vice City Stories - 7
Call of Duty III - 7
Sonic - 3
Medieval II - 8
Dark Messiah - 7
Super Monkey Ball - 7
Guitar Hero II - 8
Neverwinter Nights II - 8
Railroad's - 6
Need for Speed Carbon - 6
Lumines II - 6

Lobster

Banned
They should have . scores aswell..Some games like Gears Zelda and FFXII deserve more than a single score.

EDIT: Which platform for carbon?

Timbuktu

woodchuck said:
9 from Edge is an excellent score

yeah, it was what i was expecting too after their preview, which did have some criticism for the game. but still I was hoping for a ten because an Edge ten is kinda special and TP perhaps deserve one just as much as Halo or HL2.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The Black Brad Pitt said:
What did they say about zelda?

Oh and 8 for GOWned.

good score for both. I haven't played GoW but its a shooter. Pretty or not I'd think 8 is almost a 10 equivalent for that genre.

pilonv1

BlindN-Fan said:
It propably isn't..They just can't give out scores like 8.??

You can't just get over it? The obsession with scores and comparisions and not the text accompanying them here is mind boggling. But then I guess it's easier for you to argue numbers than formulate a decent intelligent repsonse based on the reviewers opinion.

And they gave Half Life 2 10, so by your reasoning Red Steel is also a 10!

woodchuck

_dementia said:
So basically, Twighlight Princess is as good as Ultimate Ghosts 'N Goblins.

i guess you'll have to read the review and find out who reviewed it

(maybe i shouldnt have used a blanket statement in my previous post that included all the Edge writers)

OK maybe 5 does mean average in Edge, but that's if you're taking into account all the shovelware crap that comes out. All the licenced rubbish on GBA, ps2, etc etc.. In that context, 5 kinda does mean bad. It doesn't mean average quality gaming experience for anyone on GAF.

Ristamar

BlindN-Fan said:
It propably isn't..They just can't give out scores like 8.??

I know. I'm just a little surprised, if not incredulous, considering the impressions and reviews I've seen of THP8 thus far.

Xeke

Banned
BorkBork said:
30 second load times and THIS says it's not.

So how did we get to there from..

sonic2_oilocean.png

Lobster

Banned
pilonv1 said:
You can't just get over it? The obsession with scores and comparisions and not the text accompanying them here is mind boggling. But then I guess it's easier for you to argue numbers than formulate a decent intelligent repsonse based on the reviewers opinion.

And they gave Half Life 2 10, so by your reasoning Red Steel is also a 10!

You just took what I said and put it way out of context..Im not comparing anything! God..Im just saying Gears is propably a better game than TH but didn't deserve a 9 yet was better than THP8.

This was never about graphics..you just quoted my post and replied trying to make me degrade me.

Unless you actually expect a TH game to be better than Gears?

Rlan

Kandinsky said:
Man, please tell me that Sonic score is a typo or something :(

Have you been living under a rock? Everybody thinkgs it's absolutely awful. Listen to Shane on the 1up yours podcast this week. He went away when the game was taking 30 seconds to load, came backa minute later, and the game was making Sonic run without any player input! The only times the game looks good is when Sonic's stuck in a pattern of springs and dash boards.

He gave it a 5.5, and out of the three scorers, that's the HIGHEST score.

Do NOT buy this game simply because your a Sonic fan, because if you do, you are PART of the problem.

Lobster

Banned
Pope Benedict XVI said:
I'm glad sonic got a 3 and please god the game will flop. I want sega to go back to the drawing board with sonic.

I think they did with the Wii version. No guns. No cars. Just Sonic and Rings.

Kandinsky

Rlan said:
Have you been living under a rock? Everybody thinkgs it's absolutely awful. Listen to Shane on the 1up yours podcast this week. He went away when the game was taking 30 seconds to load, came backa minute later, and the game was making Sonic run without any player input! The only times the game looks good is when Sonic's stuck in a pattern of springs and dash boards.

He gave it a 5.5, and out of the three scorers, that's the HIGHEST score.

Do NOT buy this game simply because your a Sonic fan, because if you do, you are PART of the problem.
Actually i played the demo and still had hope ; ;

Brashnir

Kandinsky said:
Man, please tell me that Sonic score is a typo or something :(

You didn't play the demo on the 360, did you? The game is practically unplayable. I couldn't even talk myself into completing the demo.

edit - oh, I guess you did play it.

mrkgoo

nincompoop said:
WRONG, the average of all the scores Edge has ever given out is ~6.5

Actually, I think he is right. 5 = average for game quality. Just because their ratings came out above average...

wazoo

nincompoop said:
WRONG, the average of all the scores Edge has ever given out is ~6.5

Edge do not review all games, that is why their average rating is not exactly 5. They do not review crap unlike IGN or Gamespot.

Sjoerd

Al this silly talk about average etc... People expected higher for a game like the new Rainbow Six, that's just how it is.

Edge just didn't like it that much...

Top Bottom