• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge 170 scores (Zelda, Gears of Ware, FFXII etc.)

Chrono

Banned
hmmm... okami got a 9 from edge too. not bad. :)

we need more info from their review, or better yet someone post the whole thing. :p

Mar

Gattsu25 said:
from the looks of it, yeah

good thing UGnG is FREAKING AWESOME

QFT.

Can't wait to read the review of Zelda. EDGE giving it a 9 is all I need to know that this game will be awesome.

Gattsu25

Banned
Zelda is better than Gears.

I know this not because I have played both, as I have only played Gears.

I know this because in my heart, Nintendo can do no wrong.

Actually, it's just because I always get a little hyped before a Zelda launch. Gets me all giddy on the inside, sort of like a bunch of clouds fell down from heaven and were inhaled by me only to empower me to complete my destiny which was written in the great book of milchatu by the mad man alhazred in which it was foretold that i would be both the savior to this world and its ruin but forgetting that for a moment like i said the release of a zelda game always makes me feel like a little kid on the inside again

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
iapetus said:
Yes, please do. There's no way it should have scored that highly.

Sega%20Strikes%20Again.png

That's the score i was expecting for Gears, good game, super graphics......Red steel ouch.....its probably due to the controls.....i think we should wait for metroid prime and see what an inhouse Nintendo company can actually do with the fps genre.

jimbo

Banned
Hey Xbox fans, maybe now you all should go ape crazy, find out who the man is personally that reviewed GOW, call him out and insult him because it only got an 8 instead of a 9 or 10.......

...seems to be the going thing on GAF nowadays.

dabookerman said:
Right, i just flicked through the edge review

"whats lacking is a clear sense of purpose that OOT was tasked with bringing the series into 3D, and in doing so laid out the mechanic that future games would be foolish to ignore. Controller aside with nothing pertinent in need of innovation, TTP has instead set out to become the definitive title in the series. A one game encyclopedia of everything that makes Zelda unique."

And somehow thats a bad thing according to GS :lol

Magicpaint said:
Well, FFVI is my personal favourite RPG, so it hits me on a personal level more so than any other FF or RPG to date because I found it real and everything about it points to the real world, so that's perhaps why I'm looking "way too hard into it". And yes, Kefka is evil because he is evil and that's it, but for FFVI, and the context of the story it's trying to tell, I think it's perfectly adequate. There isn't always the need for justification of evil, sometimes evil just exists to destroy all that is good.

well, ffvi, is my least favourite ff (although still pretty good)....but I found kefka a very weak villain...I mean he got his ass beat down a number of times throughout the game, and to me he never conveyed any air of menace....maybe it was just an effect of following hunter x hunter....hisoka is how an evil perveted psychotic clown should be done

peace

jimbo

Banned
m0dus said:
No, Jimbo, because EDGE didn't base their review on 'half' of the game, and then bring in an EA talking-head to justify it. :)

Actually that was a hit towards the infamous Gamespot Zelda review thread;)

Amir0x

Banned
SonicMegaDrive said:
Jeez.

This is so bad, I'm humiliated by my own username.

Come on, Sonic Wii...

no your username is explicit, so people can interpret that you only mean the MegaDrive Sonic games... where Sonic was still pure :D

billysea

Banned
Edge has the most belivable "5 = Average" rating scale.
Seeing 5 from them really feel like an average game. Unlike 1up or EGM who always claims their 5 = Average but seems to dis most of their 6-7 games very badly.

Dragmire

Red Steel = 5? No surprise here. I honestly could not have been any less optimistic about this game. Even most of the bullshots didn't look that great. On a good note, I'm sure it will sell well and get a sequel, and maybe Ubi will put a good team on it this time, or have enough experience to put something decent out without a launch to rush it out for.

Dunpeal said:
Of course you do. Your post history speaks for itself.

an 8 is in no way bad...the game scored highly almost everywhere else, but edge can be pretty toughwith their scoring....and chances are youve already played the game and liked it, so no big deal...also, your pretty vocal in your bias too...so you shouldnt really be calling others out

peace

Dunpeal

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
an 8 is in no way bad...the game scored highly almost everywhere else, but edge can be pretty toughwith their scoring....and chances are youve already played the game and liked it, so no big deal...also, your pretty vocal in your bias too...so you shouldnt really be calling others out

peace

Fine, it got an 8, that didn't bothered me since i don't think its a bad score since this magazine seems to be really harsh, but what bothered me is that in junction with that they gave a 6 to Rainbow Six, thats what really pushes it over the edge. A 6 for Vegas, and that is retarded i'm sorry, they give 5 to Red Steel and then a 6 to Vegas.

I'm sorry but i just can't even imagine why they would give Vegas a 6, i'm sorry its retarded. And i have bias yes, i have preferences, just like everyone on GAf, its just that i don't stalk games like some do, that enter every thread of game X to bash it or something.

RaijinFY

The Black Brad Pitt said:
Oh and 8 for GOWned.

It's funny, because it seems european reviews are less enthusiastic about Gears of War, even though the game still gets good scores.

edit:

Oh and lol at Sonic next-gen.

Dunpeal said:
Fine, it got an 8, that didn't bothered me since i don't think its a bad score since this magazine seems to be really harsh, but what bothered me is that in junction with that they gave a 6 to Rainbow Six, thats what really pushes it over the edge. A 6 for Vegas, and that is retarded i'm sorry, they give 5 to Red Steel and then a 6 to Vegas.

I'm sorry but i just can't even imagine why they would give Vegas a 6, i'm sorry its retarded. And i have bias yes, i have preferences, just like everyone on GAf, its just that i don't stalk games like some do, that enter every thread of game X to bash it or something.

okay fair, you should have articulated like this though..much better

ethelred

rod said:
has anyone besides edge given ff12 a higher score than gears? this place is full of matsuno fanboys so im just asking to get flamed here. but whatever. il say it. ff10, while also not that good, >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ff12.

This forum is hardly full of Matsuno fanboys. Most of the people on GAF hated Vagrant Story and Ogre Battle, and most probably never even played Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together and would hate it if they did.

Insertia said:
Just bought FFXII several hours ago. Haven't played it yet, but it's good to know it has the Edge seal of approval.

It's a pretty good game. Dungeons are starting to get long toward the end and the storyline is more focused on the overall picture than the individual characters but it's well constructed :)

shpankey

not an idiot
Edge is always really hard on american FPS. so no surprises here. hell, i'd give the demo's of Rainbow Six Vegas an 8, all by themselves, so no worries for me. :D

scarybore

Sega really need to go back to basics with Sonic, stop adding shitty side characters no one wants to play as and concentrate on Sonic himself. No doubt this will still sell very well since it probably sells to a younger audience.

And I would pretty much agree with GoW's score so far, its a damn amazing game but only truely comes alive in co-op. Have yet to try multiplayer since I don't like the fact I can't play ranked games with my friends so I won't comment about that.

Likewise I won't comment on the other games scores since I haven't played them, but I'm looking forward to Zelda and for the first time I am genuinely excited about a Final Fantasy game (FF6 was the only one I found mildly tolerable and even then it is very old school leveling).

Personally I agree with all of Edge's 10 scores except for Half Life 2, if a Half Life game should have got a 10 then it should have been the first and even then I'm not sure it would meet Edge's criteria. It was a "hey I'm back as editor and heres the first 10 in my new reign!" style moment. None the less both are still great games and Edge's scores tend to stand the test of time very well unless its Turok 2 (major moneyhats) or Timesplitters.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Does Sega Sammy even listen to complaints?

Or is it because Shadow the Hedgehog sold moderately good and Sega Sammy have their sights set on a different demographic? If thats the case, **** YOU CASUALS!

Deathcraze said:
Sega really need to go back to basics with Sonic, stop adding shitty side characters no one wants to play as and concentrate on Sonic himself. No doubt this will still sell very well since it probably sells to a younger audience.

A 3D Sonic CAN be done. Sega just doesnt know that yet

unifin

X26 said:
WTF at that Sonic video...what. the. ****?!

My reaction exactly. Since when did they take Sonic's storyline so ****ing seriously? You're a goddamn BLUE HEDGEHOG. Disgraceful - that cut-scene was like the bastard child of Tales of Symphonia's post-battle maxims and Sesame Street's quasi-erotic inter-puppet tensions.

Waou, I never thought Sonic Team had such a sense of humour!!! I liked it!!
Too bad that, if the game is qnything like the XBLA demo, it will probably be what's best in the game :(

Top Bottom