• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

apparently,both PS Vita 1000 & 2000 have the same internal memory space

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Maybe vita uses that space somehow, but in any case sony was greedy again unlocking a gb only on vita 2000 to sell it.

Let's recap: overpriced memory cards, no tv out that was added only to vita tv, unused space that was in part unlocked only on vita 2000 to sell it and probably more, why sony was so shitty with vita?

Zambatoh

"Removable memory cards will be large to support a wide variety of downloadable content."

Now I know the early models had SD card slots, but I cannot fathom why they compared it to mobile game file sizes. All the ones I've played way over 10 MBs.

I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to make the last minute changes that they did. But clearly any plans they had for it went down the drain pretty quick.

The Vita division is/was freaking crazy, I see. Can't help but wonder if Vita wouldn't be more successful if all those decisions were made differently.

mieumieu

The Vita division is/was freaking crazy, I see. Can't help but wonder if Vita wouldn't be more successful if all those decisions were made differently.

sorry but it will still fail bigly. Even selling twice the current number is a failure. it is a machine whose target audience does not exist outside of a niche.

mieumieu

I don't know about that. Nintendo seem to do pretty well with the 3DS.

nintendo has exclusive, established games that took advantage of what a handheld means. Sony would never catch that in this regard.

And even with that 3ds failed to sell half the number of its predecessor which is still a good number, but the contraction of market is a given.

Anony

it never gets used
the best thing for it to be used for are roms for retroarch
twitter responses say that it's possible to load actual apps/games by modifying the app.db to point to the partition

honestly though, the only people that got fucked is anyone that bought the 4gb card
having 1-4 gb is not enough for games or patches, would only be enough for save files, which was more than enough space

JPS Kai

Now I know the early models had SD card slots, but I cannot fathom why they compared it to mobile game file sizes. All the ones I've played way over 10 MBs.

Think of the mobile market 5 years ago. A lot of popular apps hung around the 20-25MB range.

Hell, WiiWare was limited to 40MB.

Chesskid1

Banned
yeah my ur0 directory on my oled had 10mb in use out of 2.55gb

i'm going to keep my roms on it

thanks for the extra 2.5gb i havent been using ever sony

i didn't put it together that sony cut out some of ur0 on the slim for an internal memory card, but now it makes sense

KiraXD

im more irritated at the stupid fucking Accessory Port that didnt do anything (though we all know it would have been for Video Out, except Sony would rather make that its own thing with Vita TV... but still this isnt surprising that sony blocked off space to charge us for their memory cards... i love my Vita... but god damn so much fuckery within sony killed it.

mieumieu

Fixed for equally dumb but accurate Trump slang.

haha sorry. too lazy to type on phone...

I have one of my vita henkaku'd but still using a 32gb extra memory card which is a huge waste. I would love to just have henkaku enabled on internal memory and stick the memory card to my pstv.

Top Bottom