• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tabata: FFXV will have better graphics on PS4 Pro

Renekton

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/10/tabata-final-fantasy-xv-will-better-graphics-ps4-pro/

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/63224-final-fantasy-xv-sur-ps4-pro-hajime-tabata-precise-tout-au-m

According to Tabata, it wasn’t long ago they came to know the PS4 Pro. As a result they really haven’t had time to take full advantage of the new hardware. At the moment they haven’t been able to show something satisfying.

Tabata says they still have time to work on it and can assure fans a Pro patch will be available when Final Fantasy XV launches on November 29. He says the game will be optimized for the console and will be even more beautiful.

wildfire

Banned
Always was going to wait for the review but either Square is fumbling the message or translations have been annoyingly off.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Sweet. Can't wait for some nice checkerboard 4K screens.

Glad I didn't cancel my Pro pre order :p

DjRalford

giphy.gif

Dmax3901

I've just realised... Not only will the Pro usher along a new era of confusing bullshots, but also a whole new age of contradictory developer statements.

Good I was considering waiting until it actually got Pro improvements before buying it. I'm sure they realize this sentiment thus this statement.

ar4757

Why would you cancel on a PRO? Lol better graphics for so many amazing upcoming games.

Pro isnt some end all be all

Besides why buy slightly better graphics as a non 4K TV owner when you could get a Switch for presumably cheaper in March with all new games

Just an example as to why the Pro ain't that great. Now if the CPU was buffed... then I'd care

Besides why buy slightly better graphics as a non 4K TV owner when you could get a Switch for presumably cheaper in March with all new games

Just an example as to why the Pro ain't that great. Now if the CPU was buffed... then I'd care

Nobody want so see this buy Switch over PS4 Pro shit in a PS4 topic. Go evangelize some where else.

But what about the version we saw at TGS? That footage was from a demo made specifically for that event that focused only on graphical improvements. The game itself was not really improved, only the cosmetics. In the final Pro version, Tabata says there’s even more changes to come and clearly the PS4 Pro version of the game will be better visually.

This is very interesting. According to the people who saw the footage they said it looked amazing. Now it sounds like it's getting more graphical updates than the standard 4k upres+hdr. Wow i am excited to see how it will look now.

If I'm looking to buy a pro, the switch sure as hell isnt gonna influence that decision. Especially not as a first adopter after Wii U. Honestly, it doesn't have anything to do with the discussion so I'm not sure why you're on about it.

I really hope we start getting trailers soon, not just for this game but all the other Pro titles. I mean the console is so close I want to see these upgrades.

This is great news though, FFXV is one of the games that I most want to play on Pro

Brix

Oh yeah baby. Got the Pro and FFXV preorder ready. The wait has been too long. We're almost there peoples ❤️

kyser73

Because I like playing games in 1080p or higher on a console, not a glorified tablet in a docking station at 720p.

Unknown?

I've just realised... Not only will the Pro usher along a new era of confusing bullshots, but also a whole new age of contradictory developer statements.

Also a new age of know it alls who really don't know anything talking about specs, development, and rendering.

Formosa

Well... the PRO will be the most powerful console up to date until the Scorpio, but that's at least another year from now. Plus the Switch will not have the same exclusives as the PRO. 4K and 4K upscale is not a slightly better graphic... I guess you don't own a 4K TV.

Formosa

Because I like playing games in 1080p or higher on a console, not a glorified tablet in a docking station at 720p.
+1. Not sure why people tend to compare the switch with the pro. 720? Hmmm... thatnshiuld be compared with the PS4 if you want to compare.

TriAceJP

I'll need to see how much improvement there is via comparison video (Digital Foundry Day 1 I'm sure) before I even consider dropping $400.

Top Bottom