• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TG-16 Games Are Live On Wii VC

Non VC related question. Is Kororinpa gonna make it to EU/US?
I really like the look of that game, but I haven't heard anything about a western release.

deamentia

Hudson Hawk
JonathanEx said:
Dea, any chance of explaining the delay in these coming up?

Oh! And if you know when the other TG games will go up.

Nintendo needed some extra time to certify the games.

No ETA on the other 3 or so games. We're hoping very soon :)

Apenheul

I guess every company has it's ritual, with ours it's Bomberman DS. We're playing it with six people on a daily basis, and I mean each and every day, since the beginning of Februari. I've had a 'Bomberman burnout (tm)' for a while (that typically happens when you've played a game for more than a hundred hours). While Hudson Soft is at it: those SNES bombermans with coop-mode would be neat.

Edit: or even better, Atomic Bomberman with online support

RaidenZR

I can't wait to get home. Bonk bonk bonk...

Now where's the following:

Air Zonk
Alien Crush
Devils Crush
Splatterhouse
Dragon Spirit
Ninja Spirit
Y's
Dracula X: Rondo of Blood

MoxManiac

Any chance of seeing the Adventure Island games?

The NES trilogy (paticularly AI) would be awesome on VC.

Please! Master Higgins needs you!

Just downloaded Bonk's Adventure and played the first level, looks really clean in 480p, lot of fun. Also great that it has a suspend state so that I can come back to it later and continue. Hope to see some more TG16 stuff soon.

I read that Bomberman supports five player (with Wiimotes and at least one GameCube controller). I was wondering - what other multiplayer TurboGrafx games are out there? I remember mention of Dungeon Explorer - isn't that a multiplayer Gauntlet/Zelda-type game?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
any news on if the TG-16 emulator adjust for aspect ratio? will these look fine on my 16:9 TV?

borghe said:
any news on if the TG-16 emulator adjust for aspect ratio? will these look fine on my 16:9 TV?
Bonk's runs in 4:3 480p, I just set my 16:9 TV to display a 4:3 screen and it's fine.

To clarify, I don't think it will run in a 4:3 box when the Wii is set to 16:9, although I'll double check later, you have to manually set the TV to 4:3 mode.

TheWolf said:
i can't get Bonk to work with the GC controller...
You're probably doing this but I couldn't get Mario 64 to work with the GC controller unless it was in the number 1 controller slot.

Mashing

So what are the agreed upon TG-16 games to look out for? These are ones I'd definately consider purchasing as I have never played them before.

TheWolf

Banned
GitarooMan said:
You're probably doing this but I couldn't get Mario 64 to work with the GC controller unless it was in the number 1 controller slot.

1 is furthers away from the disc tray right? i'll check again in a minute, but in the instructions for the game the only two control schemes were remote and classic controller.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Mashing said:
So what are the agreed upon TG-16 games to look out for? These are ones I'd definately consider purchasing as I have never played them before.
IMHO

Bonk
Dungeon Exlporer
Psygnosis
Splatter House
Legendary Axe
Legendary Axe II
Military Madness
Dragon's Curse

and if they go for the CD
Ys
any Working Designs translation
Gates of Thunder
Air Zonk, etc.

technically doing the CD games wouldn't be too bad (or big) if they compressed the audio to mp3s.

edit - fwiw, all TG-16 games are perfectly playable with the Wiimote. the system controller only had two buttons.

RaidenZR

TheWolf said:
1 is furthers away from the disc tray right? i'll check again in a minute, but in the instructions for the game the only two control schemes were remote and classic controller.

The player 1 port is the one closest to the front of the systme.

TheWolf said:

I think the first player is actually the closest to the disc tray

dyls

MiamiWesker said:
Woohoo, never played Bonk, it will be my first purchase. Great timing too, I just bought a classic controller :)

Impressions on the classic controller, please. (Have there been many yet?) I failed to pull the trigger on buying one on Sunday, and now they are nowhere to be found. :(

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Great news, I look forward to a steady stream of Hudson/TG/Duo games on the system! Blazing Lazers... CD games... Ys... Rondo... A man can dream, can't he?

Top Bottom