• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TG-16 Games Are Live On Wii VC

For anyone who can't figure out how to get 5 player Bomberman to work, here's how:

Go to the Wii main menu. Plug in your GCN controller (Wavebird will work too). Hold down the R button when you hit the Start button for Bomberman. You should see a black screen pop up that has the controller options, just make sure if it's 5 player that you hit any button on the other Wiimotes.

I kept trying to simply reset the game while holding down R and obviously that doesn't work.

Now to me the wording they used isn't as accurate as it could be which is what threw me off in the first place:

To play with five players, you will need at least one Nintendo GameCube Controller. Start the game while holding the R Button on the Nintendo GameCube Controller, then begin the game starting from the Controller Assignment Screen.

Or maybe I just need better reading comprehension? :/

Teasel

i can't stand bomberman but i remember playing bonk's adventure on amiga (the amiga version was called BC Kid) and having tons of funny with it

fusoya59

dammit i wanna download.
but i can't connect to the wii shop channel.
are the servers still busy? cuz i'm taking like 1-2 mins just to connect. i dunno if anyone experiences that too, but damn it's annoying.

tmaynard

Won't connect here either. It sucks because you cannot use the home button to get back to the main menu either. So you're pretty much locked up.

TheWolf

Banned
i just connected a second ago. it was locking up on me earlier though. probably a bunch of people checking out Hudson games!

Amir0x

Banned
Downloaded Bonk's Adventure AND Bomberman 93'. My personal barricade is falling - Shane was right, it IS impossible to resist when the points are just sort of sitting there.

Don't say I didn't love you (and Hudson), deamentia!

deamentia

Hudson Hawk
Amir0x said:
Downloaded Bonk's Adventure AND Bomberman 93'. My personal barricade is falling - Shane was right, it IS impossible to resist when the points are just sort of sitting there.

Don't say I didn't love you (and Hudson), dementia!

Many thanks from us at Hudson! We've got a lots more in store for you!

Bog

Junior Ace
viralmarketeer said:
can TG16 games be played w/ just the WiiMote (no classic controller)?

Yeah, although mine got stuck earlier and Bonk went into a non-stop headbutting rage. Had to restart to get out of it.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Bomberman '94 *MUST* be made available in the West, even if it isn't translated!

My favourite ever version. The inferior 4-player Mega Bomberman is no substitute!

jarrod

Banned
Zerodoppler said:
The question is, will Nintendo say "Sorry guys, but we think one Bomberman is enough."?
Just be glad it's not NES Bomberman 1... again. :/

It is sorta screwy that we get '93 while Japan gets '94. I think even getting the previously mentioned, gimped MegaDrive port would be a little better.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Zerodoppler said:
The question is, will Nintendo say "Sorry guys, but we think one Bomberman is enough."?

I think they'd be more likely to throw a strop about the game being in Japanese, hence why we are getting '93 instead. '93 is good, but it's not a patch on '94.

With sufficient warnings in place before you buy I think they should just drop that objection. After all, if they don't we are unlikely to ever see Dracula X on the VC. And the rare shooters like Star Parodia and Nexzr.

Make it happen Hudsonsoft!

Amir0x

Banned
deamentia said:
Many thanks from us at Hudson! We've got a lots more in store for you!

one personal request, although I don't know if you have control over this. Bonk and Bomberman work with a Gamecube controller, obviously, but in the operation's manual for both games it doesn't show what the controls are when using that controller... only shows what it is for Classic Controller and Wiimote :(

Mrbob

Why would you want to use that shoddy GC dpad when you can use the sexy classic controller dpad.

Spend the extra 20 bucks!

I bought Bonk today wewt.

I want Bomberman '94 though. :/

EternalDarko said:
Non VC related question. Is Kororinpa gonna make it to EU/US?
I really like the look of that game, but I haven't heard anything about a western release.
Yes, it was tested by the USK, German Software Youth Protection Blah Organization.

dock

Dragon's Curse is the game I'd most like on the VC. I'd love to play through that game properly, I remember dabbling in it as a young kid and would like a chance to appreciate it properly.

As for Bomberman 94... I agree it would be nice.

I wish there were a way to get the Japanese games, and be it on our own heads that they're in Japanese.

The thing is that the original source code is not even neccessary. Countless existing rom translations by talented rom hackers show that it is relatively easy to translate Japanese games to English. Hudson Soft should just hire a few and have them work legitimately on a "per-game" basis... however, I am afraid that they might be scared of working with people with the potential taint of "piracy", even if its of games never released in the west.

deamentia

Hudson Hawk
Amir0x said:
one personal request, although I don't know if you have control over this. Bonk and Bomberman work with a Gamecube controller, obviously, but in the operation's manual for both games it doesn't show what the controls are when using that controller... only shows what it is for Classic Controller and Wiimote :(

We have no control over this, unfortunately.

Seth C

Amir0x said:

Don't say I didn't love you (and Hudson), deamentia!

I resisted without problem. Bonk is a horrible game. Bomberman 93' has been surpassed a many times over (Mega Bomberman, Saturn Bomberman...). It doesn't help that I have a huge collection of classic games (including many versions of Bomberman and Bonk) sitting in my game room and every gaming system I need to play them hooked up.

I suppose Nintendo's Virtual console just isn't for me though. It would be much more tempting if they added something to these things, like XBLA. At least implement Wiimote controls into games where it would be perfect, like Sim City. Or, they could release slightly less common games. Or add network play for games like Bomberman. I mean, if they are charging MORE for these emulated things than the typical classic port on XBLA...

Okay, so I still kinda want F-Zero. If I can ever find component cables, F-Zero in 480p may tempt me enough.

Amir0x

Banned
Seth C said:
I resisted without problem. Bonk is a horrible game. Bomberman 93' has been surpassed a many times over (Mega Bomberman, Saturn Bomberman...). It doesn't help that I have a huge collection of classic games (including many versions of Bomberman and Bonk) sitting in my game room and every gaming system I need to play them hooked up.

I suppose Nintendo's Virtual console just isn't for me though. It would be much more tempting if they added something to these things, like XBLA. At least implement Wiimote controls into games where it would be perfect, like Sim City. Or, they could release slightly less common games. Or add network play for games like Bomberman. I mean, if they are charging MORE for these emulated things than the typical classic port on XBLA...

Okay, so I still kinda want F-Zero. If I can ever find component cables, F-Zero in 480p may tempt me enough.

It honestly isn't for me either... i just download anyway, despite myself. This is gonna be a problem for me in the future i can see :lol

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Legendary Axe? Bloody Wolf? Crush Series?(Best Video Pinball games ever), Blazing Lazers?

Dementia, flood the VC please :D

Rlan

I may have asked this before deamentia, but how will you deal with Bomberman '94? Would you attempt to do a quick-and-dirty translation of the game on TG16 [Along with the 5 player mode], or would you simply port Mega Bomberman, the Genesis equiveant with 4 players?

Do you have to jump through extra hurdles if you want a Genesis or SNES game to go on VC?

Lastly, will we be seeing these on the European / Australian launch? Do you have to do any extra stuff for these regions?

ethelred

Amir0x said:
It honestly isn't for me either... i just download anyway, despite myself. This is gonna be a problem for me in the future i can see :lol

I downloaded Bonk... just because I wanted to download something. I don't really like it, though, to be honest.

I'm hoping Gunstar/Ecco come soon. Or something. Geez.

Amir0x

Banned
Yeah Gunstar was the only game i intended to download until Earthbound/Tetris Attack but my points were sitting there!

Now I have F-Zero, Super Mario 64, Bomberman '93 AND Bonk. Ouch in my wallet :(

Edit: oh god, originally i wrote "Superman 64" instead of "Super Mario 64." Is...is that a sign? An ill omen?

Rlan said:
Lastly, will we be seeing these on the European / Australian launch? Do you have to do any extra stuff for these regions?

I'm interested in this too, the only reason I was interested in the whole Virtual Console was the TG games (since the system never officially launched here in Australia) :(

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Amir0x said:
Edit: oh god, originally i wrote "Superman 64" instead of "Super Mario 64." Is...is that a sign? An ill omen?

I'd download Superman 64 if they gave me Wii Points for doing so.

ethelred

Amir0x said:
Yeah Gunstar was the only game i intended to download until Earthbound/Tetris Attack but my points were sitting there!

Now I have F-Zero, Super Mario 64, Bomberman '93 AND Bonk. Ouch in my wallet :(

Ami's going to download Superman 64! :lol

I'll be all over Earthbound when that goes up for download in 2012. Can't wait. Super Mario RPG was one of the games they put on the ESRB, so hopefully that'll be one of the games in the coming batches... I'll definitely download that. Haven't played it in years. This thing really, really, really needs more variety. I mean, christ, I would be impulse buying so many SNES and Genesis games left and right if they'd just put them up there.

And to say on topic, I still really hope Hudson gets the Ys and Castlevania games up.

SuperPac

I never owned a TG-16, so this is great. I bought both Bomberman and Bonk immediately when I got home. So far, a better overall experience than XBLA (minus achievements and such). I really dig being able to save wherever and come back later on all of these games. They need to activate that on N64 games as well, though. Love the unified interface for the manuals. Everything about the VC is excellent. Keep it coming, Hudson.

Bog

Junior Ace
SuperPac said:
I never owned a TG-16, so this is great. I bought both Bomberman and Bonk immediately when I got home. So far, a better overall experience than XBLA (minus achievements and such). I really dig being able to save wherever and come back later on all of these games. They need to activate that on N64 games as well, though. Love the unified interface for the manuals. Everything about the VC is excellent. Keep it coming, Hudson.

The difference is, in Mario 64, you can already save basically any time. I'm guessing the save state is for games where you can't save at all.

Top Bottom