• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TG-16 Games Are Live On Wii VC

fresquito

Bog said:
The difference is, in Mario 64, you can already save basically any time. I'm guessing the save state is for games where you can't save at all.
I think it has something more to do with size.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Guys, this is Nintendo, the company that sued to prevent cheat devices.

The "Save once" feature allows you to continue older titles that had no save function; any titles with save functions will simply use those. The intent is obviously to keep the games accurate... the "Save once" feature is just there for extended pauses.

fatius

mj1108 said:
Or you can just pay with a credit card on your Wii.

Has anyone been able to get this to work? I enter in my card info, county, all of that. And then it takes me back through the process again. It doesn't say if it worked or failed, but I never get points.

dkeane

fatius said:
Has anyone been able to get this to work? I enter in my card info, county, all of that. And then it takes me back through the process again. It doesn't say if it worked or failed, but I never get points.
I got points the first day I had it. Worked fine for me.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
sonatinas said:
Saturn Bomberman is the best Bomberman. It's unfortunate that the majority of you probably never played it.

?!

Saturn Bomberman is one of the most widely played ones! And while being very good, and having the excellent (but gimped) 10-player mode, the 5-player game wasn't as good as '94.

They buggered up the kangeroos by making them evolve, meaning their early powers were basically useless and the chances of everyone having a decent evolved one were nearly non-existant. Also you lost the really interesting yellow block-shuffling one.

And the stages in Saturn Bomberman just weren't as good as '94, with silly gimmicks like the soccer goals. I'd rank the Saturn one as the second-best Bomberman, but '94 still holds the crown. I think only a release of Hi-Ten Bomberman could ever top it.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Sweedishrodeo said:
second, wait for the gamespot reviews. the uproar will be deafening.
OMG2.jpg

fresquito

1up is saying the TG emulator is not on par with the others, have you found any problem? They say the image is blurry. I hope Hudson create a better version in the future.

Maximilian

DIYMF Alumni
Woohoo! Bonk was definitely one of the games I was waiting for on VC and I was disappointed there weren't any TG-16 games off the bat. I'll probably download both it and Bomberman here in a few. Thanks for the heads up deamentia!

I've only got F-Zero so far, but the lure of the VC is drawing me in more than I'd anticipated.

robot

mmlemay said:
Why can't we preview these games before we buy?

WHY?!?

Because people would realize most of these games arent fun anymore and wouldn't buy them? I was hoping for timed demo's, but knew it wouldn't happen.

Bonk is pretty entertaining though. I was tempted to get F-Zero but I may hold out for the N64 version.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Bought Bonk. I wanted to buy Bonk and Zelda, but that totalled $11 and I only bought $10 in points -_-

It's probably for the best. Given this fall's release schedule there's absolutely NO REASON I need to be mucking around with retro ports. For Bonk I make an exception, but this VC stuff WILL not become a habit for me, I swear :D

...Besdies the TG16 stuff, since I never owned one.

Bog said:
Yeah, although mine got stuck earlier and Bonk went into a non-stop headbutting rage. Had to restart to get out of it.

Same thing happened to me for a moment, until I realized that I was hitting B (the turbo button) :lol :lol :lol

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
I am totally addicted to the VC. :( I keep downloading more and more games and simply cannot stop myself! I've even downloaded Zelda 1, which I have on a gamecube disk sitting like 5 feet from my Wii. :( But it's just so neat and conveinent to have the game right there on the Wii menu!! :eek:

sammy

MrCheez said:
I am totally addicted to the VC. :( I keep downloading more and more games and simply cannot stop myself! I've even downloaded Zelda 1, which I have on a gamecube disk sitting like 5 feet from my Wii. :( But it's just so neat and conveinent to have the game right there on the Wii menu!! :eek:

i know... VC is going to own me -------- I've already downloaded 5 titles

I've avoided zelda, because i have it on GBA --- and Wii can't compete with getting to play zelda in bed before sleep ............. but i know i'll cave eventually.

serriously though having TG16 games is sooooo worth it all ------ my TG16 just broke, and also all i ever had was the crappy cable connection to the TV ---- reguardless of the emulation, TG16 games look sooooo much better in progressive-scan

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
MrCheez said:

nintendo got u..........:D

BuddyC

fatius said:
I tried again, got it working. I'm pretty sure it was user error. Yes != No.
I had the same problem yesterday. It kept throwing me back to the beginning of the process, and I couldn't figure out why until I realized that the button on the lower right of the screen was No, not Yes. It sounds stupid at first, but after having Next in the right corner for a while, you automatically assume the button in that location will continue the process.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Downloaded Bonk!

This is sweet!

Wii is such a nice little machine next to my 360.

Wii60 FTW.

Top Bottom