• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bomba: SFV $15 at newegg

PS4 version btw, should be in OP.

Dukie.gif

MrCarter

That's a great deal if no one has bought it yet. Typically, fighting games are heavily discounted after 6/7 months of release so this is not unusual.

Vibed

I almost went for it, but it would be much better of me to wait for an Ultra version or at least some kind of Season Pass bundle they'll do. I don't play fighting games enough to justify buying less than the most complete version.

Neoxon

I almost went for it, but it would be much better of me to wait for an Ultra version or at least some kind of Season Pass bundle they'll do. I don't play fighting games enough to justify buying less than the most complete version.
There won't really be a Super version like what happened with SFIV to SSFIV. At most, another disc release would be a DLC collection of everything that was released up to that point. That being said, you can earn all gameplay-related content using in-game Fight Money.

Vibed

There won't really be a Super version like what happened with SFIV to SSFIV. At most, another disc release would be a DLC collection of everything that was released up to that point. That being said, you can earn all gameplay-related content using in-game Fight Money.

I know, I just doubt they won't do SOME kind of DLC collection at some point, like you said. And earning characters and such in game would take way too much time.

Yudoken

The pc version is also cheap for sale. You can get one for about 23€ like my friend did. But this is even cheaper and is definitely worth it. Also why are people comparing the steam price with this?
Look up key comparing sites or use enhanced steam to get the best price for the games you want to buy.

Neoxon

I know, I just doubt they won't do SOME kind of DLC collection at some point, like you said. And earning characters and such in game would take way too much time.
It's honestly not that bad, especially now that Daily Challenges are a thing. You can blaze through most of the current single player content & have enough for the Season 1 characters.

lupinko

I can see a rerelease with the six dlc characters unlocked and the story mode dlc already on disc.

But I doubt they would include premium costumes. If they do at the very least it'll just be the battle costumes, and that's being generous about it.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Not worth it maybe for $10 😂😂
Not even kidding still pissed that i bought this trash for $65.

lupinko

SFVck it, I bought it anyways! How does the dlc in this work again? I can purchase characters or very slowly earn fight money to purchase them right?

If you don't care for premium costumes or premium stages (only one and that's Ring of Destiny which is a limited release), everything else can be bought with ingame fight money (story costumes, characters, new stage variations, new stages).

Giolon

SFVck it, I bought it anyways! How does the dlc in this work again? I can purchase characters or very slowly earn fight money to purchase them right?

Correct. The season pass is $20, gets you all 6 chars(Ibuki, Balrog, Juri, Guile, Urien, Alex), their standard outfit colors 3-10, their Battle Outfits ($-only DLC), 1 stage (Guile's AFB)

Everything but the costumes can be purchased with Fight Money.

Halabane

txs OP. 15 for a few hours is enough of a fighter experience. I think I remember they did something to improve the campaign part a bit but if not its fun just mash some buttons for a bit.

Definitely worth $15. People seem to always forget that the fighting engine in the game feels excellent. Just look out for online. Very difficult since most people are near professionals to very solid.

JeTmAn81

Waiting for the version that comes with a bonus PS4 since I don't have one. C'mon Capcpom, this is an important franchise.

Boss Mog

So is this is like a barebones version that's missing a bunch of characters and such? I didn't really follow this game.

This is the lowest the game has been, no? Kinda tempted... Hopefully a deal like this can come to Canada soon. How's their international shipping?

Boss★Moogle;223283587 said:
So is this is like a barebones version that's missing a bunch of characters and such? I didn't really follow this game.

6 more characters, some stages, a story mode, and I think a VS CPU are present now. So content-wise things are better than launch, at least. Arcade Mode is still MIA though (but suggested by datamined files, apparently).

Need to see some math on this

Well if you look at the total number of consoles sold for each gen and compare them to each number of SF copies sold per version, then find the median of every street fighter black friday price reduction.

Form a pie chart out of this data then divide the number of price drops SFV has already received by the circumference of the pie chart and you should get ~$9.

Sch1sm

Boss★Moogle;223283587 said:

It's only missing the 6 DLC characters, which you can either get by purchasing the season pass, purchasing with real money off the PlayStation Store, or purchasing with earned Fight Money in game (100K FM per character).

Kashiwaba

That's a steal i paid $60 for this but i can't complain since i did put 400+ hours in this game and still play it for few hours every week just 1000000 FM trophy till I platinum the game.

Top Bottom