• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bomba: SFV $15 at newegg

Definitely worth $15. People seem to always forget that the fighting engine in the game feels excellent. Just look out for online. Very difficult since most people are near professionals to very solid.
not even close man...

Bronze, Silver leave and gold are very populated and still fairly beginner level players

Also buy this game!!! $15 is a steal! You can get the rest of the characters playing through Sp and casual matches, doing challenges and trials. Pretty easy to get half a million fight money

not even close man...

Bronze, Silver leave and gold are very populated and still fairly beginner level players

Also buy this game!!! $15 is a steal! You can get the rest of the characters playing through Sp and casual matches, doing challenges and trials. Pretty easy to get half a million fight money

Maybe I am playing the wrong online modes because I never fight players at a beginner level. 1800-3900BP is the average skill level players I play. Maybe I am worst than I thought? :(

Zafir

But there isn't a single player/arcade mode, right?

There's the story mode which is a free download. Lasts about two hoursish and has single fight rounds.

Otherwise you have to turn the AI on inside training mode to play against an AI.

There's the story mode which is a free download. Lasts about two hoursish and has single fight rounds.

Otherwise you have to turn the AI on inside training mode to play against an AI.
No you don't you can versus CPU now just like you're playing another person and set it to any difficulty.

Story mode also takes longer than two hours to beat because it has another difficulty after you complete it once.

Ovid

I might pick it up then.

I still don't get why those basic modes weren't included upon intital release.

Zafir

No you don't you can versus CPU now just like you're playing another person and set it to any difficulty.

Story mode also takes longer than two hours to beat because it has another difficulty after you complete it once.
Fair enough, that must have been in the most recent patch I guess? Not played it recently as there's just been too many other games out.

I think your second point is silly though. Just because there's another difficulty mode doesn't mean you can up the hours of it taking to complete it.

Just because there's like five difficulty levels of Uncharted doesn't mean I can say it lasts 50 hours, lol.

This is the lowest the game has been, no? Kinda tempted... Hopefully a deal like this can come to Canada soon. How's their international shipping?
It's been $10 three times on Amazon, and I missed it all three times. This is the first time in a while it's been this cheap, though, which bodes well for even lower BF prices if you're patient.

Maybe I am playing the wrong online modes because I never fight players at a beginner level. 1800-3900BP is the average skill level players I play. Maybe I am worst than I thought? :(
Your getting up there on points if your playing people with that amount of LP, maybe you're better than you think mate ;-)

Also there's beginners that pretty much stay beginners, they just play a lot, don't mean they are really good even with a decent amount of LP

Fair enough, that must have been in the most recent patch I guess? Not played it recently as there's just been too many other games out.

I think your second point is silly though. Just because there's another difficulty mode doesn't mean you can up the hours of it taking to complete it.

Just because there's like five difficulty levels of Uncharted doesn't mean I can say it lasts 50 hours, lol.
lol yeah that's fair...just wanted to point it out since so many ppl called it too easy. Also dunno why the rounds aren't set to two lol.

@Millionstabs yeah there's matchmaking, usually setting you up consistently in your bracket. Silver, Bronze gold etczzz

Crayon

Skill level of online competition will be very high considering how badly it flopped with casuals.

I don't think there is another fighter right now where you will find such a full base of players with a range of skill levels. I play casually and I'm usually hanging around the bronze-super bronze level (that's low) and I get mostly good matches. Tons of learners and really bad scrubs who are playing for fun.

Aenima

Is there no skill based match making? Wouldn't new players be matched with other new players or is there a smurfing problem?

Yes there is and it works great. In Ranked online matches you only play with players that are close to your league points.

In casual matches the matchmaking is the same, but in casual matches you dont win or lose league points, so if a pro player never touches the ranked mode he can stay in the rookie league bodiying the real rookies. Thats why i always recomend to play ranked matches to play against players close to your skill level.

VariantX

Is there no skill based match making? Wouldn't new players be matched with other new players or is there a smurfing problem?

Im a silver player and I never fight anyone higher than an ultra silver and no one lower than a super bronze. It's far better at matching you at the appropriate skill levels than it used to be.

It's important to be clear that the vast, vast majority of time spent in that mode is on (kind of middling) cutscenes. In terms of actual time spent playing the game it's maybe equivalent to an arcade run or two in Third Strike.

It's technically single player, of course, but it's not a gameplay-orientated experience and I think that's what people are really asking about with this sort of question. Like sure, SF5 actually launched with solo content -- it included a badly designed and incredibly slow survival mode which hasn't been improved at all -- but it's not something anybody is going to enjoy spending serious time with. Still not a lot available on that front.

I'm not suggesting people stay away from the game, but whatever reasons have kept them away so far are probably still an issue. SF5 today is essentially just launch SF5 with some more characters, some small tweaks, and a story mode with bad gameplay. Any major changes are going to come in 2017. It's a better product, but it hasn't been transformed or anything.

What do I get in this (I assume) vanilla game? Is there a season pass and what would I be missing without it?
You get the 16 original characters. You don't get the 6 DLC characters, but by clearing through a lot of the (very easy) single player stuff, you can get enough FM to get at least 5 of those characters.

And those characters also have those single player things.

The season pass only gives those 6 characters, a premium costumes for each of those characters, all the colours for the 6 characters and Guile's stage.

All the other stages and alt costumes aren't included in the season pass so you're on the same level as season pass owners in that regard.

EDIT: Check out the new OT for Street Fighter 5 for more information

You get the 16 original characters. You don't get the 6 DLC characters, but by clearing through a lot of the (very easy) single player stuff, you can get enough FM to get at least 5 of those characters.

And those characters also have those single player things.

The season pass only gives those 6 characters, a premium costumes for each of those characters, all the colours for the 6 characters and Guile's stage.

All the other stages and alt costumes aren't included in the season pass so you're on the same level as season pass owners in that regard.

EDIT: Check out the new OT for Street Fighter 5 for more information
Awesome. Will probably get it.

WetWaffle

"Bomba: SFV $15 at newegg"

IgMyx.gif

"Street Fighter V - PlayStation 4"

I don't think there is another fighter right now where you will find such a full base of players with a range of skill levels. I play casually and I'm usually hanging around the bronze-super bronze level (that's low) and I get mostly good matches. Tons of learners and really bad scrubs who are playing for fun.

I might pick this up again then for such a cheap price. My early experience sucked and turned me off.

Top Bottom