• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

18 NieR Automata screenshots

Gematsu link.

nier-automata_2016_11m5uge.jpg

nier-automata_2016_11vrurm.jpg

nier-automata_2016_11yxuuy.jpg

More in the link.

Given the lack of aliasing, these are either bullshots or Pro screenshots.

If Pro, pretty underwhelming visuals. If bullshot, then c'mon SE. The industry needs fewer of those!

Momentary

Banned
That game is going to look glorious maxed out at 4K. If it supports HDR on PC I might move my tower downstairs to play on the TV.

BigEmil

From everything we seen so far not much variation of locations it looks like all looks quite samey

I have to say, outside of the characters, I'm rather underwhelmed by the game's art direction from what we've seen in screens thus far. Or perhaps it's just the textures that are making everything look dull.

From everything we seen so far not much variation of locations it looks like all looks quite samey
Don't expect this game to have a high budget and all the bells and whistles that came along with that.
What it lacks in AAA polish it will make up for in variety of scenario, mind fuck story, and probably the best OST of the year.

Ubernube

The game very clearly is more of a mid-budget affair, so quite frankly, the graphics aren't likely ever going to improve all that much even on the Pro, you'll likely just get better IQ and nothing more. Quite frankly, I don't really care, the fact it's targeting 60fps (which I suspect a lot of people are forgetting) will mean it'll look far better in motion then in still image screenshots.

Basically, give us some 60fps gameplay trailers Square, not 30fps streams.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
None of these seem all that flattering.

Really low texture resolution for some reason on nearly everything.

60fps open world on current gen requires some visual cut-backs.

Also the visual aesthetic Yoko is going for is kinda faded and dust covered, its not supposed to be shiny.

sublimit

Banned
There's something strange about the art and atmosphere of this game that really makes it stand out in a good and unique way.Same goes for the first game as well.

duckroll

Made by a guy who is notorious for making games that are expensive as fuck. Versus a game made by Platinum and Taro, two people that make their bread and butter by being comfortably mid tier.

But "PlatinumGames is a lower budget studio" isn't the narrative people are pushing in the thread. It's that "open world 60fps games on current gen requires cutbacks". I'm just correcting that notion.

I don't think there's anything wrong with how Nier looks because I have proper expectations of what it is.

But "PlatinumGames is a lower budget studio" isn't the narrative people are pushing in the thread. It's that "open world 60fps games on current gen requires cutbacks". I'm just correcting that notion.

I don't think there's anything wrong with how Nier looks because I have proper expectations of what it is.

Well, MGSV had some cutbacks indeed. Textures aren't great and draw distances on the console versions are really pushed back to the minimum.

Hm, I'm actually reminded of ReCore a little bit in the world/art design and the graphical fidelity. I think that's what's irking me considering I wasn't a fan of that title or those particular parts of it.

Ubernube

There's something strange about the art and atmosphere of this game that really makes it stand out in a good and unique way.Same goes for the first game as well.

It has a desaturated, somewhat washed out look to it, like what the original Nier had. Gave it a bit of a fairy tale like aesthetic.

Well, MGSV had some cutbacks indeed. Textures aren't great and draw distances on the console versions are really pushed back to the minimum.

MGSV ran so well that quite frankly, it was easy to ignore those kinds of issues. It's a game that looks much better in motion then it does in still images, although it still looks good even in those. I imagine Nier will be the exact same, especially with how damn smooth movement is in this game, which makes me sad that Square hasn't really been making gameplay trailers for it, just 30fps streams and screenshots.

Sanctuary

Good god 2017 is an RPG and ARPG fan's wet dream. So many ridiculously good looking (gameplay) games to choose from.

BigEmil

Konami did have the fabulous Fox Engine though, i think this game is using Platinum's own internal engine may not be as good as Fox Engine technically but good enough for a 60fps open world game

Muzicfreq

Banned
Given the lack of aliasing, these are either bullshots or Pro screenshots.

If Pro, pretty underwhelming visuals. If bullshot, then c'mon SE. The industry needs fewer of those!

HAH! Not even. This is more than likely regular PS4.

Big thing to consider... thems be some shit textures in those shots

Top Bottom